Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:18 PM

AtlasF1 Legends League

SportsPrototype Division - Season 11 – ILMS

1. Mod to be used
We will run the ILMS mod v2.77 for rFactor. This mod can be downloaded from our forum or from rFactorCentral.
The complete season will consiste of 12 races and will start on August 16th, 2010.
From the 4 original classes, we will use ONLY the GT1 and GT2 ones to start with. If there is enough interest (at least 5 drivers per class) we may consider also running the P1 and P2 classes.

2. Races
All races will consist of a 60min Practice session, a 30min Qualifying session, a 5min Warm-up session and next the official race. All races will take place on Mondays, according to the Schedule.
Our server is named as: Atlas rFactor at the rFactor race list. It is setup this way:

• Max Clients/Drivers: 103
• Race Weekend Start Time: - 24:00amGMT, 20:00EST_EDT
• Practice Length: 60-minutes
• Qualifying Length: 30-minutes
• Warm up Time: 5-minutes
• Race Length: 60-minutes or 90 minutes
• Race (Environment) Start Time: Variable, but typically @2:00 PM Local time
• Time of Day Multiplier: Variable
• Mandatory pit stops: As Required
• Fuel Usage: x2
• Tire Usage: x2
• Mechanical Failures: Normal
• Damage Multiplier: 100%
• Flag Rules: Black Only w/ Blue Flag Warnings
• Race Start: Formation/Standing Start
• Allowed Driver Aids: Auto-Clutch

Full course yellows will be on.

The password to access the server will be send to each driver through a PM at our forums:
You will need to register at the Speedgeezers forums to race with us. All drivers must use their real names to join the server. We prefer if you also use your real name at the forums, but this is not mandatory. The Practice sessions will start at 24:00amGMT, 20:00EST_EDT.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

3. Race Format and Starting procedure
All races will be 60min long, except 2 of them that will be 90 minutes long with a day/night (Sebring 12H) and day/night/day sequence (VLM LeMans 1977). All races will be 6x timescaled (simulating a 6hrs race) except the 2 special events at Sebring12h (timescale 8x) and at Le Mans (timescale 16x).
All sessions (Practice, Qualifying and Race) for all events will start at 12:00 (server time), except the Race at LeMans that will start at 16:00 (server time).
Damage will be set to Normal. Full course yellows are on.
The starting procedure will be the standard pace lap behind safety car and rolling starts. It is not allowed to pass before the S/F line when the green comes.
During the formation lap, ALL cars must line up in a single file and keep a 1s distance with the car ahead.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

4. Restarts
Restarts will only occur because of a server malfunction that involves at least 20% of the drivers, period.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

5. Championships
We will host a Drivers Championship per class (GT1 and GT2) and, if there is interest, a Team Championship, also per class.
Before the start of the season, all drivers must select a car from the ones available for each Class. He must also reserve a number for that car. All drivers must use that car and number for the full season, though one change of car is allowed during the season. Drivers can compete at both classes, so they can select one car per class.
Drivers can use one of the listed cars and numbers, OR they can submit their own cars. Those cars MUST use the numberplates and other IDs as provided by AtlasF1. They must use the Class colors as follows:
LMP1: Red
LMP2: Blue
GT1: Green
GT2: Orange

Teams of up to 2 drivers are allowed.
Drivers will receive 20 additional points for finishing the whole race. If you do not complete the entire race, you will be awarded a percentage of the 20 points depending on the percentage of the race you completed. All drivers that start a race will receive their % of the basic 20 points, even if they finish the race in 13th position or higher.
In addition, the top 12 finishers will receive points as follows:<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">
Position Points
1 20
2 16
3 14
4 12
5 10
6 8
7 6
8 5
9 4
10 3
11 2
12 1

Best 4 out of 6 races will count for both the Drivers and Teams Championships.

6. Chat
No chatting is allowed after the official Qualifying Session starts. Only 'Pit In' and 'Pit Out', or similar, are allowed. If it would be possible, leave the 'sorry' for the post race comments.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

7. Incidents and Protests
If you feel an incident has unfairly affected your result then it's your responsibly for bringing it to the attention of the League Admins by submitting a protest. A description of your accusation is required together with a replay of the incident.
While normally the Admins will only review protested incidents, it is in his rights to review anything that took place during qualifying or a race. If an offense is serious enough, a penalty may be issued without a formal complaint being filed.
All complains/protests must be send to the Admins up to 24hs after the race is finished.
Penalties can range from just issuing a warning, to adding seconds or laps to a driver's race results, to loss of points, disqualification, suspension and banishment from the league.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

8. Race Reports
All drivers are encouraged to post his comments about each race, either positive or negative. However, we will not tolerate any flame war here. If somebody would want to discuss an incident in public, it is ok, BUT keeps flames out of the thread. That discussion/analysis must be useful to avoid other incidents, not to find a guilty of charge.
All other AtlasF1 Legends League rules are in effect.

Schedule
Event # Race Day Class Track
1 16/08/10 Montreal_ISI GT2 60
2 30/08/10 Buenos Aires 79 GT1 60
3 13/09/10 Sebring12h Classic GT2 90
4 27/09/10 Jerez de la Frontera GT1 60
5 11/10/10 Elkhart Lake 08 GT2 60
6 01/11/10 Silverstone 88 GT1 60 2x 1
7 08/11/10 Long Beach 88 GT2 60 2x 1
8 22/11/10 Hockenheim GP4 GT1 60 2x 1
9 06/12/10 Kyalami 79 GT2 60 2x 1
10 20/12/10 Monza70 GT1 60 2x 1
11 03/01/11 Paul Ricard75 GT2 60 2x 1
12 17/01/11 LeMans VLM 1977 GT1 90 2x 16

IMPORTANT:
we will use an specific RFM file for this mod to avoid problems with the pitstops. Be sure to have downloaded and installed it from this thread: http://forums.speedg...showtopic=32382 .
Otherwise, you won´t be able to join our server.

Edited by Arturo Pereira, 27 October 2010 - 09:17 AM.

AP

#2 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:20 PM

I will open an specific post for the team, number and car selection. Please, post here any doubts about the rules.

AP

#3 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:33 PM

Server is open, hosting Buenos Aires track. Feel free to join it at will :)
AP

#4 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:39 AM

As a suggestion, we may alternate the use of GT1s and GT2s. FOr instance, we could all race GT1s at Buenos Aires and GT2s and Montreal. THis may lead to some changes in the schedule to set the slowest tracks to race the GT2s though.
AP

#5 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:21 AM

How are we gonna handle the full course yellow situations? No passing at the moment it's announced, or we can race until the S/F line?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#6 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:35 AM

In the case a Yellow is shown, we can race back to the s/f line, as it happens at oval tracks.
AP

#7 Tidge

Tidge

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • Interests:F1C , and Rfactor. Also I am a private pilot and I build and fly Giant Scale R / C airplanes. Golf, Motorcycles.

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:58 AM

Have you decided which tracks will be GT1s and which will be GT2s ?

Nevermind, I reread your post, we are alternating, yes ?

Edited by Tidge, 25 July 2010 - 08:59 AM.

#8 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:26 AM

View PostTidge, on 25 July 2010 - 08:58 AM, said:

Have you decided which tracks will be GT1s and which will be GT2s ?

Nevermind, I reread your post, we are alternating, yes ?

Yes, we are alternating. We will race the GT1s at BUenos Aires since, because of the characteristics of the track, the cars fit better with it. I will review the whole schedule later and will add which races I think we will race with each variant.
AP

#9 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

Hi guys,

I have changed the schedule so we will alternate GT2 and GT1 races. Also changed the order of some tracks to fit better with the respective classes.

Finally, I postponed the start of the season one week to avoid conflicts with the Oval Division schedule.

Next Monday, August 2nd, we will host a race at Montreal_ISI running the GT2 cars. Sorry for these changes, but I think they do not alter significantly the original plans.
AP

#10 Tidge

Tidge

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • Interests:F1C , and Rfactor. Also I am a private pilot and I build and fly Giant Scale R / C airplanes. Golf, Motorcycles.

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

View PostArturo Pereira, on 26 July 2010 - 08:25 AM, said:

Hi guys,

I have changed the schedule so we will alternate GT2 and GT1 races. Also changed the order of some tracks to fit better with the respective classes.

Finally, I postponed the start of the season one week to avoid conflicts with the Oval Division schedule.

Next Monday, August 2nd, we will host a race at Montreal_ISI running the GT2 cars. Sorry for these changes, but I think they do not alter significantly the original plans.

Your modified schedule above states 8/16 for Montreal ?

#11 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:57 PM

View PostTidge, on 26 July 2010 - 02:49 PM, said:

Your modified schedule above states 8/16 for Montreal ?

Yes, I guess it would be better to start with the slower GT2 cars and Buenos Aires is a very fast track so that is why I decided to set BA as the 2nd event and to start with Montreal and the GT2s.
AP

#12 Tidge

Tidge

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:34 PM

View PostArturo Pereira, on 26 July 2010 - 02:57 PM, said:

Yes, I guess it would be better to start with the slower GT2 cars and Buenos Aires is a very fast track so that is why I decided to set BA as the 2nd event and to start with Montreal and the GT2s.

It is the date I am questioning, is it 8/2 or 8/16 ?

#13 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:40 PM

View PostTidge, on 26 July 2010 - 03:34 PM, said:

It is the date I am questioning, is it 8/2 or 8/16 ?

Sorry Tidge. I misunderstood you. We will have a pre-season race on 8/2 and the first official race will be on 8/16.
AP

#14 Tidge

Tidge

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

View PostArturo Pereira, on 26 July 2010 - 03:40 PM, said:

Sorry Tidge. I misunderstood you. We will have a pre-season race on 8/2 and the first official race will be on 8/16.

That is kindof what I thought you were saying but wanted to make sure.

#15 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:54 PM

View PostTidge, on 26 July 2010 - 03:45 PM, said:

That is kindof what I thought you were saying but wanted to make sure.

Posted Image
AP

#16 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:18 AM

Schedule has been modified !!! Be advised !!!
AP

Sim Racing Links