• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:33 PM

It is very sad for me to inform AtlasF1 members about the death of our friend Pat Widder. He passed away last April 30th at his home, after a long illness.
Pat raced with the Oval Division and his records at oval tracks still show up at the GPL Rank. We shared the tracks for many years and we will remember him as a good man, always helpful with everybody in need.
Godspeed Pat :(

AP

#2 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

GTL Americas Director

• ADC Admins
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:35 PM

I'm not sure that I crossed swords with Pat, Arturo.  The name doesn't ring a bell.

Regardless, a member of the GPL sim community is lost to us and we are the poorer for it.

Condolences to you, his family and friends.

#3 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:48 PM

I don´t think so Donnie. Pat was mostly an oval track guy. He won several championship at AtlasF1, he was extremely fast when inspired but, the most important, he was a very good guy.

Thank you Sir!
AP

#4 col bentley

col bentley

• Members
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:01 PM

Very sad to hear , his name is known to me and I have used some of his set ups before......R.i.p pat.

#5 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:23 PM

Thank you Col!!
AP

#6 Mike Bennett

Mike Bennett

• GPLVOR
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:00 AM

Hello old friends!

AtlasF1 was my very first online racing league back in 2001 or so...and I remember my very first race here...it was won by Pat Widder.  I am very sad to hear this news.  

Am doubly sad by the news of JW King passing.

My deepest condolences to the friends and loved ones of both of these fine gentlemen.  Legends both.

Regards...

Mike

#7 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:59 AM

Hi Mike :)
Long time no see my friend! Both losses were quite painful for sure :(

How are you doing? I hope all is well up there! Send me an email so we can keep in touch!
AP

#8 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

GTL Americas Director

• ADC Admins
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 07:10 PM

Hey, Mike!  :)

Nice to see you posting.  Last I recall, you were suffering greatly from back problems.  Hope that's all behind you now.  (No pun intended)

#9 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:14 PM

Mike, so good to hear from you.  I was the one who unhappily gave the news to Art about Pat's crossing over.  In the last year of his life I had been trying to re-interest him in this game, but the connection speeds where he lived couldn't support even a Mario Brothers racing competition.

I have, by the way, continuing nightmares of ramming you in the rear in the slow-speed corner at Kyalami in a race about two hundred years ago.  Tell me it wasn't you.  Tell me it was all a dream.  Lie to me if you have to.

Sim Racing Links