• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The Answer Man

• VOR Admins
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:27 AM

Follow this link for the time in your part of the world.  The link at  http://www.worldtime...r...;h=20&mn=30 is set for when qualifying starts in Texas time (Central US) and you just have to find your city or country in the drop-down menu for the "In" time.  Or it might default to your location.

Attached Files

Bob Simpson
VOR GPL Race Series Manager

#2 Hondaman

Hondaman

• Validating
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:01 AM

Unless I'm mistaking, our Brazilian friends had to set their clock back to standard time overnight.

To avoid any confusion for Friday's next race, I just wanted to remind them to take this into account and plan accordingly. We wouldn't want you to miss it.  ;)

Since I'm not sure of your individual time zone locations, I'm not going to try and tell you at what local time practice will start.  Just know that it's GMT Saturday Feb.23, 02:30 AM (it usually is always at that time during the Standard time period in Northern hemisphere)

That should be Friday Feb.22 11:30 PM in Rio de Janeiro.

-------------------

Over the next few weeks, there will be several time changes around the world. I will try to issue reminders in due time.

As I mentioned  just before, the usual practice time is GMT Saturday, 02:30 AM during the Standard time period in Northern hemisphere.

Since North America will switch to Daylight Saving / Summer Time on March 9, 2008 at 02:00AM, this will affect the time of future races.

So from March 9 2008 to November 2 2008, practice time will start at  GMT Saturday, 01:30 AM

--------------------

Europe will swith to Daylight Saving / Summer Time on March 30, 2008

Australia will swith back to Standard Time on March 30, 2008
Richard

Posted Image

#3 Hondaman

Hondaman

• Validating
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:55 PM

I just would like to bring to your attention the change of time that took place last weekend for the U.S,, Canada and Mexico.

We have set our clocks forward one hour to Daylight Saving Time/Summer Time.

So for all of you outside North America, please note that the Wednesday evening practice as well as the Friday evening race will be held at GMT 01:30 AM, whatever that makes for each of you, it's one hour earlier than your usual time.

:)
Richard

Posted Image

#4 Hondaman

Hondaman

• Validating
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:09 AM

Once again, that often confusing time of the year has come, the time where countries around the world start changing their clock 1 hour forward or backward depending on where they are on the globe.

A few weeks ago, it was Brazil who set their clocks back one hour.

Last night (March 8 2009), the United States, Canada and Mexico have set their clock FORWARD to Daylight Saving Time/Summer Time.

So for all of you outside North America, please note that the Wednesday evening practice as well as the Friday evening race will be held at GMT 01:30 AM, whatever that makes for each of you, it's one hour earlier than your usual time.
That new time will be in effect from March 8 2009 until November 1st 2009

To avoid any confusion for Friday's next race, I just wanted to remind you to take this into account and plan accordingly. We wouldn't want you to miss it.  ;)

--------------------

Argentina will switch back to Standard Time on March 15, 2009

Europe will switch to Daylight Saving / Summer Time on March 29, 2009

Western Australia (Perth) will switch back to Standard Time on March 29, 2009

Eastern Australia (Melbourne) will switch back to Standard Time on April 5, 2009
Richard

Posted Image

#5 Hondaman

Hondaman

• Validating
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:29 AM

Time to get this thread up again to remind people of the different time changes around the world.

Australia has already switched to Summer time (Daylight Saving Time) a couple of weeks ago (October 5). (GMT +9 to +11)

Brasil and Argentina has switched to Summer time (Daylight Saving Time) just last night.  (mainly GMT -2)

Europe (Sweden) will be going back to Standard Time on October 25. (GMT +1)

North America will be going back to Standard Time on November 1st. (mainly GMT -5 to -8)

-------------------

So to sum up,  the GMT times for our next few races will look like this:

Clermont-Ferrand - October 24 - 1:30 AM GMT  

Monaco - October 31 - 1:30 AM GMT  - Careful Urban! That's one hour EARLIER than usual for you! ;)

Spa - November 6 - 2:30 AM GMT - (Back to usual time for Urban)

Please adjust to your own local time accordingly.
Richard

Posted Image

#6 Dr Tooth

Dr Tooth

• GPLVOR
  • 576 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:25 AM

Thanks for the reminder, I´ll proberbly wait for the SPA race in the THC  :D

Urban :gpler:

Edited by Dr Tooth, 18 October 2009 - 11:26 AM.

Can we have everything louder than everything else!

#7 BoniPiket

BoniPiket

• Mybroga
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Tennis, Music, Racing Simulators

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:15 PM

Hi friends at GPLVOR.
I use this site to check Worldwide Times prior to our ILMS races (Bruce Fisher´s tip :rolleyes: ):

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
Posted Image
Luiz De Boni

#8 Hondaman

Hondaman

• Validating
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

Yes, it's one of those confusing times of the year again when some countries start setting their clock forward (North) or back (South).

The next fun race at Bridgehampton will start at 01:30 GMT instead of the usual 02:30 GMT as North America is switching to Summer time (Daylight Saving Time).

I think Brasil has switched back to Standard time last week. (mainly GMT -3)

Europe (Sweden) will only set their forward in a couple of weeks on March 28. (GMT +2)

Finally, Australia should switch back to Standard time on April 4th. (GMT +10 for Melbourne)

-------------------

I guess that means that Urban will have get up one hour earlier for Bridgehampton and Panchine, 2 weeks in a row ! ;) (or not?)

Same for Craig, except I hope he is already up by then. :)

Richard

Posted Image

#9 Hondaman

Hondaman

• Validating
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:42 PM

By the time our next practice session and race take place (Wednesday, November 10 and Friday November 12) everyone in North-America will already be back at Standard Time.

This means that our race/practice time will now be at 2:30 GMT instead of 1:30 GMT.

For our friends in Europe (Urban) it also means that race sessions are back to usual time (3:30 AM in Sweeden).

I noticed that MARK JONES is from New Zealand (Christchurch I believe). So Mark, be aware that our sessions will start one hour later for you, 3:30 PM unless I'm mistaking.

Please adjust with your local times.
Richard

Posted Image

#10 Mark Jones

Mark Jones

Bang Bang into the room

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Er, racing.

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:44 AM

View PostHondaman, on 06 November 2010 - 09:42 PM, said:

So Mark, be aware that our sessions will start one hour later for you, 3:30 PM unless I'm mistaking.

Yes that's correct, thanks for the heads up!
"Fortunately, I can swim." - Alberto Ascari (1955)

#11 Hondaman

Hondaman

• Validating
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:32 PM

Yes, it's one of those confusing times of the year again when some countries start setting their clock forward (North) or back (South).

The next 65mod fun race at Rouen-les-Essarts will start at 01:30 GMT instead of the usual 02:30 GMT as North America have switched to Summer time (Daylight Saving Time) last night.

I think Brasil has switched back to Standard time last February 19. (mainly GMT -3)

Europe (Sweden) will only set their forward in a couple of weeks on March 27. (GMT +2)

Finally, Australia and New Zealand should switch back to Standard time on April 3rd. (GMT +10 for Melbourne / GMT +12 for Christchurch)

-------------------

I guess that means that Urban will have get up one hour earlier forRouen-les-Essarts and Nürburgring, 2 weeks in a row ! ;) (or not?)

Same for Craig and Mark, except I hope they will already be up by then. :)

Richard

Posted Image

#12 Mark Jones

Mark Jones

Bang Bang into the room

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Er, racing.

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:32 AM

View PostHondaman, on 13 March 2011 - 12:32 PM, said:

Same for Craig and Mark, except I hope they will already be up by then.

Absolutely, in fact the bright side for me about the time change is there may now be time after the race for a relaxing siesta...  B)
"Fortunately, I can swim." - Alberto Ascari (1955)

#13 Hondaman

Hondaman

• Validating
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:08 PM

Before our next practice session and race take place (Wednesday, November 9 and Friday November 11) everyone in North-America will already be back at Standard Time.

This means that our race/practice time will now be at 2:30 GMT instead of 1:30 GMT.

For our friends in Europe (Urban) it also means that race sessions are back to usual time (3:30 AM in Sweden).

The same notice applies to  Mark Jones and Craig Leech who are in New Zealand and Australia. For you, our sessions will start one hour later than usual.

Richard

Posted Image

#14 Hondaman

Hondaman

• Validating
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

The next F2mod fun race at Jarama will start at 01:30 GMT instead of the usual 02:30 GMT as North America have switched to Summer time (Daylight Saving Time) on Sunday March 11.

I think Brasil has switched back to Standard time last February 26. (mainly GMT -3)

Europe (Sweden) will only set their forward in a couple of weeks on March 25. (GMT +2)

Finally, most of Australia and New Zealand should switch back to Standard time on April 1st. (GMT +10 for Melbourne / GMT +12 for Christchurch)

-------------------

I guess that means that Urban will have get up one hour earlier for Jarama and Urbanya, 2 weeks in a row ! ;) (or not?)

For Craig and Mark, it maeans Bray’d Hill as well, except I hope they will already be up by then. :)

Richard

Posted Image

#15 Hondaman

Hondaman

• Validating
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

Before our next practice session and race take place (Wednesday, November 7 and Friday November 9) everyone in North-America will already be back at Standard Time.

For our friends in Europe (Urban) it also means that race sessions are back to usual time (3:30 AM in Sweden).

The same notice applies to  Mark Jones and Craig Leech who are in New Zealand and Australia. For you, our sessions will start one hour later than usual.

Richard

Posted Image

#16 Hondaman

Hondaman

• Validating
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Once again, It's time to confuse everyone by switching race time as some countries start setting their clock forward (North) or back (South).

The next 69X-mod fun race at Banburgh will start at 01:30 GMT instead of the usual 02:30 GMT as North America will switch to Summer time (Daylight Saving Time) on Sunday March 10.

I think part of Brasil has switched back to Standard time last February 24. (mainly GMT -3)

Europe (Sweden) will only set their clocks forward in three weeks on March 31. (GMT +2)

Finally, most of Australia and New Zealand should switch back to Standard time on April 7. (GMT +10 for Melbourne / GMT +12 for Christchurch)

...unless I'm mistaking

-------------------

I guess that means that Urban will have to get up one hour earlier for Banburgh, Barber and Bikernieki68 (The killer B's?), 3 weeks in a row ! Posted Image (or not?)

For Craig and Mark, it means sitting down one hour earlier for four weeks in a row before they switch.

Richard

Posted Image

#17 Hondaman

Hondaman

• Validating
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:48 PM

No, this not just an old post. It's that time of the year again as we're start switching from GMT to DST or vice-versa,

The next F2 Mod Fun race at Jops Siffert will start at 01:30 GMT instead of the usual 02:30 GMT as North America will switch to Summer time (Daylight Saving Time) on Sunday March 9.

I think part of Brasil has switched back to Standard time last February 23. (mainly GMT -3)

Europe (Sweden) will only set their clocks forward in three weeks on March 30. (GMT +2)

Finally, most of Australia and New Zealand should switch back to Standard time on April 6. (GMT +10 for Melbourne / GMT +12 for Christchurch)

...unless I'm mistaking

-------------------

I guess that means that Urban would have to get up one hour earlier for Jops Siffert, Willow Springs and Road Atlanta.

For Craig and Mark, it means sitting down one hour earlier for four weeks in a row before they switch.

Richard

Posted Image

#18 Hondaman

Hondaman

• Validating
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:22 PM

It's that time of the year again as we're start switching from DST to Standard time or vice-versa,

I think by now, part of Brasil, most of Australia and New Zealand has moved their clocks forward to DST.

Europe (Sweden) will set their clocks back to Standard Time this weekend on October 26. (GMT +2)

But North America will move back to Standard Time a week after that, on November 2nd 2014.

So, our next F2 Mod Fun race at Nurburgring will be held at our usual time (01:30 GMT) but for Urban, it will be one hour EARLIER that usual.

The week after, on November 7 at "Saint Jovite - Mont Tremblant" and until March 2015, the races will start at 02:30 GMT

Richard

Posted Image

#19 Hondaman

Hondaman

• Validating
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:42 PM

Once again, It's that confusing time of the year as most of North America set its clocks ONE HOUR FORWARD to DST on Sunday March 8.

Our next races will start at 01:30 GMT instead of the usual 02:30 GMT.

For Most of those outside North America, our next races will start ONE HOUR EARLIER.

Richard

Posted Image

#20 Hondaman

Hondaman

• Validating
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:04 AM

Time to bring up this thread again.

It's that time of the year again as we're start switching from DST to Standard time or vice-versa,

I think by now, part of Brasil, most of Australia and New Zealand has moved their clocks forward to DST.

Europe (Sweden) and most of Mexico will set their clocks back to Standard Time this weekend on October 25. (GMT +2)

But North America will move back to Standard Time a week after that, on November 1st 2015.

So, our next F2 Mod race at Snetterton will be held at our usual time (01:30 GMT) but for Urban, it will be one hour EARLIER that usual.

The week after, on November 6 at "Nurburgring" and the following events, the races will start at 02:30 GMT, until further notice.

Richard

Posted Image

Sim Racing Links