#1 lukewarm54

lukewarm54

Eric Schappach

• GPLVOR
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Mt biking, Skiing, Kayaking,Gardening,
    DIY Bike Lights, Oh yeah-computer Sims!

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:05 PM

I felt good here, ran quite a few laps and was running comparable lap times with Maxi during the week I think in the 1:35's.
When I got here tonight I was about 1.5 seconds slower and try as i might I just couldn't get into it tonight.
At the start I moved forward a few spots but coming into the braking zone to the Big right hander I slid wide and smacked the barriers.
I ran a lap with Leo but the car was nervous and I slid again at the same turn and smacked the guard rails again.
I decided to call it done.
It was just as well, not feeling 100 percent tonight.

On to the next venue...
Eric Schappach

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"; Mario Andretti

Team Lotus, Season 6

Posted Image

#2 Dom77

Dom77

Ascari's right hand man !

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:54 PM

I was 4th then lost it under braking on the lefthander after the lap either brakes too cold no idea denver  next enough bicking! Thats why i told u guys to use Spotter plugin to know if someone on your inside, outside etc..
Typing using the COLEMAK Keyboard Layout!

COLOSTRUM - Is the "immune milk" Supercharged with 97 immune factors and 87 growth factors. Colostrum is 3 times more effective than tamiflu.
VITAMIN D3 - Avoiding getting the colds/flu 1,000 IU per 25 lbs of bodyweight http://www.iherb.com/Vitamin-D                    
REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL
Workouts from Gym Jones, the guys that trained the actors from 300 movie Save the Boobies!! Detect Breast Cancer Sooner!
                        Jack Lalanne Face Workout! How To Poop Properly! Pooping 2.0

#3 Jonathan Stiener

Jonathan Stiener

Jonathan

• GPLVOR
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

Had some gr8 battles with Dom, Damien, and Kimmo! That damn Turbo gave me all the fight I could handle!  :beerchug:

Happy with a 4th after recovering from a spin midrace that tweaked my front end a bit, Ill take it after last weeks race! :)

Cya next week...

Jonathan
I like to go fast................

Posted Image

Posted Image

J.Stiener rFRacing License

Current GPL rank:-52.051
Monster rank:-257.981
Challenge Rank:-25.472
Historic Rank: -8.075

#4 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:20 PM

I logged onto server after qualifying had started ready to race. PC crashed. Reboot pc. Tried to log on to server. I kept getting a timed out message or server not available. I rebooted several more times. Tried to login several more times and then gave up once the race had started. I was looking forward to this track. Onto next race.
It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

#5 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:44 PM

Congrats Samuel for the win! Well done mate. Good race Jonathan, was a bit hairy with rear tires at 120+ deg C. They just refused to cool down after my "spin". I wonder why...  :D Only place I could overtake your sticky Lotus was to line it up half a lap before the straight. took a few laps to make it stick.

Edited by Kimmo, 14 May 2009 - 08:47 PM.

#6 Gunny

Gunny

S2 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• GPLVOR
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:00 PM

watkins glen
race replay and xml

Attached Files

#7 pflores

pflores

• Mybroga
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:01 AM

lap 3, on the loop.

I was on the outside, kimmo on the inside, he went to the outside and touched me. Result, my car slided, his car spun.
Not my fault at all. It's very clear on the replay.

Exciting race for me. Great battle with Samuel, really great moves with him and very clean. I spun on the slow left hander :(. My car was a little bit damaged. But i managed to push very hard, making the fastest lap.
Great result taking into account that i started practising just today (well now it's yesterday hehe) 1 hour before qualy.

Congrats to Samuel and Kimmo for the come back.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:20 AM

View Postpflores, on May 15 2009, 10:01 AM, said:

lap 3, on the loop.

I was on the outside, kimmo on the inside, he went to the outside and touched me. Result, my car slided, his car spun.
Not my fault at all. It's very clear on the replay.
How about that, the curb threw me off line a little and there you were. No, it wasn't your fault. I'm sorry for accusing you. Sure as shit didn't feel like it looked on the replay.

#9 maximica

maximica

• Mybroga
  • 421 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:35 AM

short race for me, the game fired me up, "Rfactor ha detectado un problema y debe cerrarse" wrote on screen and bye....
wich is the problem?... I must investigate today <_<

www.mundoremolque.com

Season 29 -Team Ferrari - Div C. - CHAMPION!!
Season 30 -Team BRM -Div B. -3rd Place

#10 pflores

pflores

• Mybroga
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:17 AM

I know Kimmo ;).
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Samuel

Samuel

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:13 PM

This track is so different to many others that i didn't feel 100% comfortable,but it turned out to be a very exciting race after all.

Qualifying went much better than expected and managed to grab the pole to my surprise , but a poor start with way too much wheelspin drop me back to 3rd.  This time at least i had the engine running when the lights went out , so a clear improvement anyways  :P .

Kimmo was keeping Pablo at bay in 1st lap so i had a chance to come back and join the fight , then there was some great 3-way action for a while with several position swaps. Then a good fight with Pablo for the lead , again with many position changes and that was almost too exciting but we kept it clean enough ,so both could continue without damage. That was some nice racing there Pablo , really good fun  :thumbup:

Then Pablo had a unfortunate spin on lap 9 and i was alone in the lead , checked back few times and didn't see anyone , so i decided to just settle in for a safe pace without even checking the gaps or laptimes anymore. At some point i happen to notice a small dot in my mirror and looked back , to my surprise it was Pablo who came like a bat out of hell and took huge chunks of time from me every lap  :o . Last 3-4 laps he gained about 5-6 seconds and suddenly i didn't feel so safe anymore so i decided to add some pace , but nothing happen except maybe i was running even slower than before  :yikes: .  For some reason i was so stuck in the low 1.37s that i couldn't find any more pace even if i wanted to and if we would have raced 1 more lap , it could have been a different outcome. So it was a bit of a relief to see that checkered flag after 31 laps  :sweatdrop:  :D .

Great chase from Pablo after the mistake and it really made the race exciting on last few laps , very nice pace with some 1.35's at the end  :bigglasses: .  Congratulations also to Kimmo for a fine comeback after early race troubles , well deserved podium mate   :clap:  .

Thanks all for the race and a big cheers to Kimmo for helping me with the setup again , couldn't have done it without you mate  :victory: .

Next track is a mystery to me , never done a lap there i think so that's going to be a interesting race for sure.   Cya all there...

--------
Samuel

#12 Dom77

Dom77

Ascari's right hand man !

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:51 PM

Samuel im guessing your tyres were overflated or frying bigtime u need to keep them in 135-145kpa Hot after 10-15minutes on track. Denver a fun track one of the best street tracks :) no boring 90 degree corners.
Typing using the COLEMAK Keyboard Layout!

COLOSTRUM - Is the "immune milk" Supercharged with 97 immune factors and 87 growth factors. Colostrum is 3 times more effective than tamiflu.
VITAMIN D3 - Avoiding getting the colds/flu 1,000 IU per 25 lbs of bodyweight http://www.iherb.com/Vitamin-D                    
REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL
Workouts from Gym Jones, the guys that trained the actors from 300 movie Save the Boobies!! Detect Breast Cancer Sooner!
                        Jack Lalanne Face Workout! How To Poop Properly! Pooping 2.0

#13 Jonathan Stiener

Jonathan Stiener

Jonathan

• GPLVOR
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:58 AM

View PostDom77, on May 15 2009, 01:51 PM, said:

Samuel im guessing your tyres were overflated or frying bigtime u need to keep them in 135-145kpa Hot after 10-15minutes on track. Denver a fun track one of the best street tracks :) no boring 90 degree corners.

just a quick note after watching replay, I personally feel that the front runners were just way to aggressive the first few laps. Now i dont have problems with aggressive driving when its done cleanly, but.... If you cant make a pass without having some sort of contact, then you more than likely forced the issue to far, and made a pass that wasnt possible. I personally strive to make a pass without contact to the other car. (not that im perfect and have not done so!) I know visibility is low in these cars, but were not blind and it can be done with a little give and take.. just my .02... On to Denver, the mile high city!

Jonathan

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Samuel

Samuel

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:16 PM

Hi Jonathan

Since my name is specifically mentioned on the quote , i reckon that i am considered as one of the 'way too aggressive' drivers there. I'll be more than happy to give my point of view about the situation(s) in a PM if you like...  and don't worry , i'm not a trouble maker , i can give and take civilized comments without flaming or going mad :).

Cheers

--------
Samuel

#15 Jonathan Stiener

Jonathan Stiener

Jonathan

• GPLVOR
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:27 PM

View PostSamuel, on May 16 2009, 01:16 PM, said:

Hi Jonathan

Since my name is specifically mentioned on the quote , i reckon that i am considered as one of the 'way too aggressive' drivers there. I'll be more than happy to give my point of view about the situation(s) in a PM if you like...  and don't worry , i'm not a trouble maker , i can give and take civilized comments without flaming or going mad :).

Cheers

--------
Samuel

nope, that was totally incidental! I was not pointing you out at all, just happened to hit add reply to that particular post.... :) I will say this though, for being teammates, you and Pablo sure like to trade allot of paint! :)

Jonathan

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 Samuel

Samuel

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:44 PM

Ok mate , no problems  :thumbup: ...

Yeah we seem to keep that old McLaren tradition of team mate rivalry going strong between Pablo and me :D, but all in good spirit and with respect. With these speeds things just happen sometimes , even with all the good intentions in mind but i totally agree that there have to be some 'give and take' attitude on track or else all the hell breaks loose   :stretcher: .

Cya in Denver  :beerchug: .

-------
Samuel

#17 pflores

pflores

• Mybroga
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:12 PM

yeah, good racing with samuel heheh.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Sim Racing Links