Punta Fria

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Tames

Tames

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 02:16 AM

Pepe, you never seize to amaze me. I am dreading the day already being stuck in the back of the D1 field. We'll see what happens. I can always just crash in a couple of races in D2. Hmmmm, there's a thought :whistling:

Working like a dog, me?? That's against my religion :bigsmile:. What helped me is to take a track I know well, and then drive around in setups that fast guys use to see if I can get the hang of that. Then my son Tom (remember him?) usually drives around for 10 minutes and knocks of half a second more and informs me that I suck. That's really motivating me to try harder, I can't let this little f***, I mean my sweet boy just get away with that.
So, there you have the secret. No rocket science I'm afraid, and there a sound reason for that. I wouldn't understand it.

Edited by Tames, 03 March 2019 - 02:17 AM.

#22 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Video making.

Posted 03 March 2019 - 02:55 AM

Tonight 8PM CET premiere! https://youtu.be/2Go1lyZbll8

Edited by MK3424, 03 March 2019 - 10:43 AM.

Link to my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....kKK6ri1wDsYF9qA

Video of each race will premiere every Sunday at 8pm CET

#23 Rudolf Goertz

Rudolf Goertz

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:music, motorsports, super-8 film, old racing bikes

Posted 03 March 2019 - 03:27 AM

Pepe, I still have a headache... :upside:  But that was completely my fault and I was very happy that you had no damage! The irony is that I was looking into the mirrors as I knew you were coming quickly and being aware of the danger in T1 I was thinking were I could let you safely pass... the rest is history. The good thing it was only light damage. I was nearly in tears because of the expensive car ;)

#24 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

• Members
  • 2,210 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 03 March 2019 - 04:17 AM

Grats Tames for the dominant win, well done to George for a great drive in the Honda, and Eduardo for completing the podium! :) Also good to see Mick having a result on his return. And Ricardo as a Privateer. ;) Well done finishers, commiserations to the DNFs. A lot of bad luck.

Also many thanks and respect  to Ronnie for finishing, as he dreaded this track so much. Such a great teamdriver, and hopefully you can have better finishes for your own aspirations.

We might be dominating right now as a Team, but things can change very soon. It was the same last season. But fact is, our emphasis is trying to run clean races and avoid damages. Even so, things happen, and we were very lucky so far. The Lotus helps a lot as well ofcourse. We will be handicapped more after 4 events for sure, that's the price of succes in oAo. ;)

Edited by Robert Fleurke, 03 March 2019 - 04:26 AM.

#25 Ronnie Nilsson

Ronnie Nilsson

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, motor racing, 20th century European history, LARPing.

Posted 03 March 2019 - 04:47 AM

Funnily enough, I was disco'd pre-race.  At least we won't be choosing this track again. ;)

Well done to all finishers, especially us at the back. The fastest drivers probably don't remember just how hard it is at the back - you constantly have your eyes on Prib and your mirrors for the front runners.  You have to think where is best to let them through, your rhythm is constantly interrupted.  I found myself missing gear changes and braking zones, and I felt like I was crawling around for the last 20 laps.  I certainly earned my 3 crappy points.

Pepe, actually you would have passed me very soon anyway - you had much better pace than me.  However, I do believe the boss has just bought me a nice shiny Ferrari! :D

#26 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 05:06 AM

Guys... i've hit a snag:

While lengthening the outro poster.. i've received a content id flag...

So i'll have to replace the song with a different one and it will stay that way for the rest of the season...

This makes the last uploaded link invalid.

Not to mention that this was the last straw for Openshot.. too many issues.. too many errors... too many crashes...

Edited by MK3424, 03 March 2019 - 06:24 AM.

#27 Ed_Cullen

Ed_Cullen

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:16 AM

Pepe :bigsmile:

"Ed Cullen will tell you, since we're heading to Australia, that Down Under they have an expression: The tall poppy gets the syndrome.

You must of lived here at some stage. Australia has now had seven prime ministers in just 10 years :Eyecrazy:  

Tames has had a fantastic start to the season well-done mate. BTW D1 is not that bad, mid-pack is tight and I have former D2 champ John to keep me
company now  :)

#28 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:43 AM

New link!

https://youtu.be/2Go1lyZbll8