Road Atlanta

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Tames

Tames

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 09:29 AM

Game freeze after 12 laps. There should be a law against this. And the Mexicans should pay for it.

I was enjoying myself so much. :wounded1: See you next time guys.

Edited by Tames, 20 October 2018 - 09:31 AM.

#2 Baldassarri

Baldassarri

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Gpl, slot_racing, books, windsurf

Posted 20 October 2018 - 09:43 AM

Freeze in qual :wounded1:.  Reset to reconnect, but forgot to reset the wheel,  result: not started, blocked on the grid

ciao
roberto

#3 Tomy AFX

Tomy AFX

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 09:51 AM

My Nvidia card lost connection with the display driver due to exceeding the windows time out limit and is unable to continue .
The application must close...  :yucky:
Sorry to Pepe for the bump just after the start , I thank I let enough space .  Perhaps my fault .  I apologize . :bowdown:
visit my site http://hoslotfrance.free.fr
  unpublished Gr.C and GTP 80's videos with pure sound !

#4 Ronnie Nilsson

Ronnie Nilsson

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, motor racing, 20th century European history, LARPing.

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:16 AM

Phew!  A tough track, no doubt. I qualified 8th I think, which pleasantly surprised me. Behind me was racy George, who I expected would dispatch me pretty quickly. He did, before T1. A couple of laps later, I had the most excruciating spin ever, under the bridge. My rear end swung out and out and out, like slow motion, until I was perpendicular to the track. Dan, who had been closing me down methodically, had nowhere to go and hit me. Fortunately, there appeared to be little or no damage done. Tim was ahead of me, but pulling away, and I spent the rest of the race overtaking backmarkers, being overtaken by leaders, and just plugging away. 7th place finish was a relief.

#5 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 820 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:18 AM

Rammed again in the ass, this time on L27 when I was trying to get out of Claudio's way. I hope knocking me out of the race was worth it for you, amigo.

#6 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Video making.

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:24 AM

Man... what the hell is with this track?

There's a reason why you would want to race on this track with a CanAm car... it's called DOWNFORCE!!!!

okay... enough raging....

On the first lap i cam in contact to a Cooper ( i think ) because he spun out in front of me and i tried to avoid him... but sadly i touched him.. sorry!!!

Later.. i was doing fine.... untill... the car bottomed out... locked my brakes and i went flying into to the barriers at turn 11... yeepee -_-

And ofcourse don't forget the spun at T1 and a loss of a wheel... great... -_-

not my favorite track and race.... you'll see it on Sunday when i'll post the video...
Link to my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....kKK6ri1wDsYF9qA

Video of each race will (usually) premiere Saturday at 11pm GMT

#7 Andrew Hutchinson

Andrew Hutchinson

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:26 AM

More later but so sorry to Bo and esp Claudio for going off in the dip before the abutment. I thought I was far enough ahead to take the corner but you guys got better runs and I jinked left both times which is stupid to do because of what happens next... I connected with Claudio ( I don't know by how much) but, yeah, something to be avoided. I'm always going on about the need to practice alternate lines and practice and race others before the race but in the lead-up I never once drove on track with anyone and in truth I was just trying to hold on in that section... Seems like I was I'm vying to be OAO's very own Garry McCoy impersonator. It can go on Kayo's blooper reel.  Sorry again.

Andrew

#8 Claudio Pablo Navonne

Claudio Pablo Navonne

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:29 AM

I'm very sorry Pepe, I pressed the brake pedal with all my might, but it wasn't enough.I followed you for 2 laps and you were very fast, I never thought you were going to be so slow in that place of acceleration. I'm so sorry.
Member of AtlasF1 GPL/NR2003/Mods/etc.

#9 Andrew Hutchinson

Andrew Hutchinson

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:32 AM

If you want it Kayo I'll give you my Cooper set-up. It's very fast  (21++) and D2 driveable. You have to anticipate everything here ahead of time. If you do that you'll go well.

Andrew

#10 Claudio Pablo Navonne

Claudio Pablo Navonne

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:32 AM

View PostAndrew Hutchinson, on 20 October 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

More later but so sorry to Bo and esp Claudio for going off in the dip before the abutment. I thought I was far enough ahead to take the corner but you guys got better runs and I jinked left both times which is stupid to do because of what happens next... I connected with Claudio ( I don't know by how much) but, yeah, something to be avoided. I'm always going on about the need to practice alternate lines and practice and race others before the race but in the lead-up I never once drove on track with anyone and in truth I was just trying to hold on in that section... Seems like I was I'm vying to be OAO's very own Garry McCoy impersonator. It can go on Kayo's blooper reel.  Sorry again.

Andrew
Great race with you and Bruce, Andrew, very good while it lasted. Great job
Member of AtlasF1 GPL/NR2003/Mods/etc.

#11 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:39 AM

i didnt' feel right. not sick, no rhythm.  had a couple spins/offs and finally hit the bridge embankment with 9 min left. went out with 5m remaining to grab 7th. very disappointing.
at the drop of the green, i got by Tames, and then ahead a tangle and i was +2 positions (5th)
Simpson had an issue, p4
chasing Hutch/Cooper  - he's a little wild, but i couldn't overtake. he had a massive off at the bottom of the hill, end of back and i could have risked it - but chose not to.
a few laps later he squiggled at the top approach to T2 and i went for it - i think he backed off to allow me by ;)

so p3... Mick ahead and some laps i was same distance behind, then i'd lose a second.
accepted p3 rather than drive hard and still would not assure me of a battle - but also, if i had trouble getting by a Cooper..... so yeah p3
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#12 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:32 AM

View PostAndrew Hutchinson, on 20 October 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

It can go on Kayo's blooper reel.

Yeah.... if i were to sped up the video and put the Benny Hill theme on it... it would even make it better...

#13 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:36 AM

View PostAndrew Hutchinson, on 20 October 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

If you want it Kayo I'll give you my Cooper set-up. It's very fast  (21++) and D2 driveable. You have to anticipate everything here ahead of time. If you do that you'll go well.

Thanks.. but i'm starting to get the hang of setting up my car.

Currently trying out more settings than just the diff and roll bar setting.

Like now i managed to get from 1:30+++ to 1:26:70 and with a car that was enjoyable to drive (in some corners that you would deem 'normal'... unlike the rollercoaster corners that makes up this track)

#14 bobho-in

bobho-in

Old Fart

• Members
  • 1,116 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Yoga

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:58 AM

My only goal was to collect coin for the team. Finished 9th with no damage. Mission accomplished.  Great track
Many people dream of success. To me success can only be achieved through repeated failure and introspection.
Soichiro Honda

#15 timbo

timbo

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Kart racing, Classic motorcycles, Motor sports.

Posted 20 October 2018 - 01:23 PM

Hi guys, I think it was Ronny who said he was passed at the start by George, that was me , didn't actually see George on the grid? But I am vey happy with my fast starts where and when I can get away with it, the start straight here is wide, with a long run to the first bend so why not, made two by the first bend.

Tames seemed to me to be going very easy so by lap two knowing I was there he let me by, couple of laps later he was right on me, so I had on choice but to let him by, then he just got away, the rest of the race was spent trying to keep every thing under control, three more fell by the wayside for one reason or another , so finished 6th.

Have been really enjoying racing since moving away from a team, and that would be the same on matter which team that happened to be, not worried about coins, points, or damage to the car, CALOUS, maybe but GREAT FUN. :teethsmile:

see you all next time.     Regards Tim.

#16 Ronnie Nilsson

Ronnie Nilsson

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 01:55 PM

Ha, well done Tim - it must have been you!  I had absolutely no chance of catching you today.

#17 daniel0099

daniel0099

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Guitar

Posted 20 October 2018 - 02:07 PM

Had a very good start but had to slow down on start not to hit the car in front. But the car behind used this opportunity to pass me.
On Lap 3 , I was close to Ronnie which I couldn't avoid when he slid. Was lucky to fell back on my feet but I lost  2 positions and had minor damages to the car.
I was able to finally pass T.Aft on lap 14 and get closer and closer to R. Nielsson and was getting ready to pass him.
But I was slowed down by K.Michiels which I was overlapping and got surprised by him, passing me, when I slowed down and moved aside to let Bo overlap me. I had to move on the grass being afraid of getting hit by K.M.
Being delayed by cars overlapping me and a car that I was overlapping I was too far away from R.N. and finally finished P8.

Really fun but very difficult track to master.I love it.

CY next,
Dan

#18 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 02:11 PM

View Postdaniel0099, on 20 October 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

Had a very good start but had to slow down on start not to hit the car in front. But the car behind used this opportunity to pass me.
On Lap 3 , I was close to Ronnie which I couldn't avoid when he slid. Was lucky to fell back on my feet but I lost  2 positions and had minor damages to the car.
I was able to finally pass T.Aft on lap 14 and get closer and closer to R. Nielsson and was getting ready to pass him.
But I was slowed down by K.Michiels which I was overlapping and got surprised by him, passing me, when I slowed down and moved aside to let Bo overlap me. I had to move on the grass being afraid of getting hit by K.M.
Being delayed by cars overlapping me and a car that I was overlapping I was too far away from R.N. and finally finished P8.

Really fun but very difficult track to master.I love it.

CY next,
Dan

Sorry... it was hectic at times...

#19 timbo

timbo

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Kart racing, Classic motorcycles, Motor sports.

Posted 20 October 2018 - 02:14 PM

Hay Ronnie, what's LARPing?   Quote your interests?

Edited by timbo, 20 October 2018 - 02:18 PM.

#20 Ronnie Nilsson

Ronnie Nilsson

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 02:15 PM

Dan, you were faster than me today.  I'm sorry about the collision - totally my fault.  You came back at me and I thought you were going to overtake me, but as you said, lapping cars and being lapped by cars is a slightly random thing, and today I was lucky.

Sim Racing Links