15 replies to this topic

#1 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:03 PM

A short painful suffering! :lol:

My ISP came alive with 15 minutes remaining for official Q. Did some shakedown laps on race setup, then I tried to put hotlaps on qualy. I knew I could have done sooo much better, but a 4th place was ok for me.

Green lights...I started faster than Larry and Leo, but had to lift as I didn't have enough room to get by. Then we are arriving on T1 and...little stutter...first time it happened to me...OMG I'm closing into Leo!!!! BAM! Whacked him at the back :( really sorry Leo, I was sure I was throwing the anchor at a safe distance, but that stutter killed me.

Thanks to the damage obtained I plain lost it at braking into T3, also thinking I did it safely. The car got some real damage on the back. Started to chase Jim, it was shaping up to be a great battle. On T1 I saw him slowing down too much before, and concentrated in not hitting him, I ran wide. Then I saw the reason why he lifted: Leo crashed and was out of the race. He probably lost control of his car thanks to the damage I accidentaly inflicted on his back at the start. Really sorry again man :(

A lap later, heading towards T2, stutter first, then antivirus pops out. When I closed it and came back, I was standing at the sandtrap beyond T2, with my front left wheel missing. Esc.

The worst thing of all, is that I wasn't even nervous, I was taking this easily, knowing that I had a great pace for chasing Larry and Leo, and maybe even Kimmo, besides he outqualified me by 1.4s (WOW!). I blew a great chance for a championship, and broke my string of finishes (I finished every race I started on this season, always on top 6, great improvement from last season huh? :) ). But I'm taking this surprisingly easy, only having messed up Leo's race makes me feel sad :weeping:

Cya at the Grand Finale at Mexico City :gpler:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#2 Adnan Dizdarevic

Adnan Dizdarevic

• Mybroga
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:30 PM

Short one for me (or did I least more then half a race?). Qualy was nice with 5th. In race usual. Slow start. Spun it some time, got behind ferraries. Was expecting close race again but Bo unfortunatelly spun. Then Jim gave me very honest run. First me chasing him, then he chasing me.... After a while Jim dissapeared :(  When HA spun we got close. After a short issue by Ha, i was able to take a 5th but spun it right after. Accelerating out of spin, i missed braking point for chicane and ended a race in the wall. :bangin:

Bad end of a tuff day... At least I made it to the race...

Edited by Adnan Dizdarevic, 19 March 2009 - 07:32 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:39 PM

i was really.. no AM really happy.

Kimmo tutored me over the last couple days, and each time i felt better and more confident. first getting under 42 in qualy, and then under 41!  still only good enough for p7 (out of 12) :P  not brilliant, but for me it was about improving.

in the race, i was up to 6th when i lost concentration the first time... no harm, but lost 2 spots to Jim and Adnan.  Rally on~

not much later Jim is off and i have my p7 back chasing Adnan, but he's 20s ahead. when suddenly he's on the side of the road!  :o  i got p6! and drove alone for 10 laps or so it seemed, till the old concentration bug bit me again. i started to think about laps left and position, and who was ahead... and ... whooopss there i did it again. big off, i tried to control the direct in the sand, but it kept heading toward the guardrail like a magnet and ate my left front wheel.

Craig was still going and i imagine got p6 (at least)  but i can't complain. its my own "Old" fault... hey Kimmo, got any concentration tips? :)

that boy can drive!  
Larry was chasing him with 10 laps to go and Joe 3d. So congrats to the finishers and podium, whoever you might be

on to MayHeeKo
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#4 Kardum31

Kardum31

Community Misguided Youth

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:51 PM

Had a great battle with Eric, but it ended poorly. I really hope I didn't hit you, but if I did, many, many apologies. :unsure:
Posted Image

Posted Image

BATracer - Browser-based Racing/Management Game

#5 Larry_Sheehy

Larry_Sheehy

S4 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Mybroga
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Online Racing, cycling, hiking, all other outdoor activities and of course Family.

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:00 PM

Well a really fun race here...Had my usual terrible time trying to get this Alpha off the line but I was able to hold onto P2 after the first turn. I think it was Eric behind me for quite a while but I was able to gradually pull away. Kimmo was around 6 seconds up and I figured there was no hope to catch him but I started throwing down some pretty consistent laps and actually brought the lead down to 2.6 seconds with less than half the race remaining. I was pushing alot harder than I had planned for such a tricky track but made no mistakes. Kimmo was the class of the field..Awesome job Man :beerchug: Congrats to Joe for a P3 :thumbup:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Craig Hunter

Craig Hunter

• GPLVOR
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Radio control planes (IMAC), softball, shooting. Volunteer at the airport, tour docent at The Old Globe Theater. Touring. Civil war history. Astronomy.

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:07 PM

I RAN OUT OF FUEL!!!!!@#%^&*!!! I can't believe it, this is the first time this has happened this season, oh well. I think I may have ended up P5, P6 for sure, strictly on attrition. I've had very little time to practice over the last several weeks and it shows.

Bo, how do you get in on this Tutoring stuff? I saw your lap times and thought "Wow, what happened to Bruce? Is it really Bruce? His evil twin, What?" Anyhoooo, sorry to see you drop out, you deserved better. I honestly don't know if I'll ever get the hang of this sim and i'm geting tired of just motoring along waiting for everyone else to DNF.

Fun night, I'm getting used to being a rolling chicane.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Age is a state of mind.

#7 lukewarm54

lukewarm54

Eric Schappach

• GPLVOR
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Mt biking, Skiing, Kayaking,Gardening,
    DIY Bike Lights, Oh yeah-computer Sims!

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:07 PM

Yet another great run for me.
I did many,many laps here this week and managed to get down into the lower 1:40's in qualifying.
Race start and I got past the unfortunate T1 incident and was up to P3-WOW!
I had Larry in front of me and I somehow was able to keep the gap fairly consistent the first few laps.
Then I notice Joseph in my mirrors and that's when things got very interesting.
For the next 12-14 laps Mr Mudrak and I were in a duel to see who blinked first.
He was able to narrow the gap at will but couldn't manage to get past me. I must have been running a few degrees less wing(3/5) than him.
I could keep him at bay down the straights but he'd reel me in in a few key turns. Quite a few times he actually got ahead of me, but I'd get him in the next turn's braking zone. Unbelievable control by us both, no contact for at least 20 minutes of racing, wheel to wheel in T1 as well as a few other corners.
Joseph was relentless, I'd pull out a very small gap then he was all over me again a few turns later.
This all ended though coming out of T5, the fast left hand sweeper under the bridge. I got a bit loose on exit and was hoping not to take out Joseph, who was right behind me. I'd lost him in my mirrors and didn't know exactly where he was.
I thought I'd caught the slide but ran out of road and got onto the grass, the car almost straightened out but I tapped the guard rail on the left side.
That was it for me, Joseph waited patiently for a few turns and then finally he took off(thankfully).I was at least 2 seconds slower now with a twitchy car.The car wasn't too bad, but it turned better to the left than the right, at least it drove straight for a while.
My podium run was over, I hobbled along for the next few laps 'till I lost it coming out of the second chicane and hit the other side of the car.
No way to carry on, car wouldn't drive straight now
Joseph really deserved the podium, some great racing for many thrilling laps.
I only wish I'd held the slide and continued on for what would have been my best finish here to date.Although Joseph would have no doubt pestered me the whole way.
Eric Schappach

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"; Mario Andretti

Team Lotus, Season 6

Posted Image

#8 Adnan Dizdarevic

Adnan Dizdarevic

• Mybroga
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

I also have to taknk to Kimmo, who provided me with quite a few great tips about the track and driving in general. Big thanks for patience teamy, it did make a difference.
Congrats to Kimmo, Larry and Joe for not only surviving the tuff race but also heaving some quite heavy racing at whole time.
Big sorry for Gabe.

Adnan
Posted Image

#9 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

That was one not to remember. I had some good time sweating when I got too careful and Larry strted to reel me in, then I thought "The hell with it - if I go out, I'll go out with a huge bang" and put my head down, pushing like mad. Of course that resulted in a few unneeded slides, at the worst possbile place (The dumber than a beachball chicane) but managed to keep it on the black stuff.

Got my 38 in the race so I guess that was confirmation that I did my homework.

Let's not do this track again, ever. Or any other bogus Fantasy track. They add nothing. Here's the proof - 3 drivers finished the race!

I had hopes you'd do well Bo, concetration tips? Hm... I have problems with that as well, but when I really want to go, I try not to look at the laptimes, sectortimes, or how far beind the next one is, nor how far ahead the next one is. I just drive, thinking 1-2 corners ahead. That helps.

Well, congrats to everyone who ev en enetered this most stupid race ever. Race in itself was ok, but man do these fantasy tracks suck ass! Did i mention that already?

EDIT: Of course I had high hopes on good Renault points from here as well, sorry for your shitty luck guys. If only I could rub some of my luck on to you.

Edited by Berko, 19 March 2009 - 08:25 PM.

#10 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:41 PM

I am really starting to hate racing online. Another useless race. I thought that this was the last race. I will finish my commitment for the season but I need to think about whether to continue or not. The enjoyment for this stuff is gone. I crashed out again. Lap 2 I think. I have only completed 2 races and in the last 2 seasons maybe 4 in total. I spend way too much time getting out of the way of others. I lack any confidence when racing with you guys. I know that when people are near me they have to guess what I am going to do. That is a serious problem. I do not know how to fix something that I obviously lack...skill with driving sims. Sounds like Kimmo was able to coach Bo and Adnan quite well but these guys always have had potential. Me? Maybe not. I just do not know what to do anymore. I secound guess everything that I do on the track. Maybe it is just the frustration talking but damn it all *&(&*%(*& &^&%$&^^% ()*&^^&   and   )(*&^^& #%$*((%.    Oh yes     *^^&(*( $##@^&%# to the *^%^%$^% ))*(^&*67     stuff as well.   :soapbox:

Congrats to all.

Edited by Phil Ashio, 19 March 2009 - 08:42 PM.

It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

#11 Adnan Dizdarevic

Adnan Dizdarevic

• Mybroga
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

Head up Phill. I do not have particular potential (see my racing history - few lucky 5 places). It sounds like frustration was driving tonight big time with you.
Try to drive smoothly no matter what speed it is.  I still have to learn that as well (see my result tonight).Catch Kimmo on server and I am sure he will have you start enjoying sim racing again with his tips. After Spa, my motivation started to go down and i got tyred of the pace we have racing here. But with a Kimmos help I found a driving iteresting again. This was again not a simple track tonight and many of us DNF.
We will see what s7 is bringing to us anyways (season 7 at all? mode? car choices? tracks?). Let  us finish season and see what happens.
Personally I would like to race bi-weekly. It provides some break between races, give more time to practice and get appropriate set up.
Naturally Aliens will stay in their element, but that is how it is suposed to be... :beerchug:

Adnan
Posted Image

#12 Ha Maha

Ha Maha

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:05 PM

Was happen whit me too Craig!!
Out of gas in 27 lap. #$@%!^&~~!!!
Do not know if you used the setup that I send u.
Sorry if you were betrayed by him.
I tried simulating at the week 35 laps and had no problems
I starting it for 38laps.
My control wheels make me Joke.
I was far from the time lap I had in week.
Congrats to Kimmo (man), Larry and Joe.
Thx all MRCs.

#13 Leo Menegucci

Leo Menegucci

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:42 PM

Oh well, it hapens!

Me and Gabe got into contact as he already said. No problem. Some times I loose  breaking too. We don't have complete control of the simulation. Don't worry Gabriel. Next race please.

Congrats to Kimmo! You earned your self a Ensin seat for next season you alien   :D

As the season is coming to the end we should think on something diferent to keep people int the league. I don't want to drive anyting else, but than, we should do something car wise. More variaty... don't realy know... ideas?!

#14 James Sikora

James Sikora

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:39 AM

I had a lot of fun ACTUALLY RACING (two weeks in a row)!!! :banana:  I was going back and forth with Adnan and Bo until I got on the gas a split-second too soon exiting a corner, and looped the car into the wall (not very hard) and broke off my front left wheel. :weeping:   Oh well...

Jim :gpler:
Posted Image

#15 Track Marshal#1

Track Marshal#1

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:01 PM

Race Replay and XML files

Attached Files

#16 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:09 AM

Video will be very late this week. 12 hours of Sebring today and I need my racing fix.  :)
It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

Sim Racing Links