S6 R11 Fuji - Mar 05/09

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Larry_Sheehy

Larry_Sheehy

S4 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Mybroga
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Online Racing, cycling, hiking, all other outdoor activities and of course Family.

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:57 PM

Screen freeze on L1...Hope I didn't take anyone out..Gunny was right behind me. Nothing else to say. :(
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 lukewarm54

lukewarm54

Eric Schappach

• GPLVOR
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Mt biking, Skiing, Kayaking,Gardening,
    DIY Bike Lights, Oh yeah-computer Sims!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:10 PM

I'm kind of annoyed.
After spending much time here all week I finally found some much sought after speed. Finally getting a setup dialed in.
Not a difficult place but a bit tricky in spots. I was hoping to get the wings right and the car balanced through that ferocious right hander that goes and goes.
I qualified a few tenths short of my PB but all times where very close other than Kimmo and Larry.
At the start I started moving forward and pulled off some good passes, was up to P4 at one point until I lost it under braking and slid across the inside of the turn and got hit by Gabe? Totally my fault, I never had the car snap away under braking here until tonight.
I hope nobody got too damaged...
Anyway after that the car was very unstable and tried to keep going but it just rotated into the wall 2 turns up from my first incident.
Lost the right front suspension-@#$@@!!!!
Man 2 races in a row with retirements, not too good for the points totals.
I never felt like I was really pushing beyond my ability tonight, so that was good. I was competitive at least, it's just too bad about the early retirement.
Eric Schappach

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"; Mario Andretti

Team Lotus, Season 6

Posted Image

#3 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

I'm completely pissed off about this race, enough for not writing a single report

The only thing I'm gonna say is: with this kind of luck, I have no regrets at all in my decision of quitting 79s at the end of the season.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#4 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:11 PM

Usual race for me. I am curious to see what happens to the league at the end of the season. My driving has not really gotten any better since the day I joined. Nothing to do with anybody but me. Everyone has tried to help but I just lack the skill. Might be the last season of all rfactor racing for me. Just not much fun at all. You guys are great fun to be around but man do I suck monkey balls.  :) Might be better to play by myself...and with myself as well.  :boxing:
It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

#5 Kardum31

Kardum31

Community Misguided Youth

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:11 PM

Larry, luckily (if you can call it that) you just disappeared, so there was no harm done.

I may owe Bill an apology, though, because while he was stationary, I tried to take the inside line and instead slid right into him. Hopefully that wasn't what took him out but I apologize if it was.

Other than that, the entire race was a great fight with Richard, who was quick and consistent all race long, apparently with less wing. :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

BATracer - Browser-based Racing/Management Game

#6 Gunny

Gunny

S2 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• GPLVOR
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:17 PM

Pretty weird race for me. I had a good car but for the first dozen or so laps my car didn't feel right.
I didnt push and lost a few spot at the start, once Leo got close to me is when my screen and other cars started dancing around.
Anyhow Gabriel and I got together, my car was hurt and I'm sure his was too but we were able to continue. I damn near pulled over and parked it. After the contact I wasnt into racing.
Well off to bed, I'm picking up my Corvette tomorrow! Man I feel like a little kid at christmas! Weather is gettin nice I can only hope it rains on thursdays! cause if it dosent it will be hard to get me out of the Vette!
I'll post pic's this weekend!

Gabriel
Sorry for the contact, I couldn't predict where the cars were! one second it was clear the next it wasnt.

Leo: Hey man at the start of the race your ping was way high, 800 - 1000 but at the end of the race when you let me pass your ping was at 150 ish or so and everything was cool.
was someone downloading a big file or something? cause when it was high your car to me looked like a UFO! LOL it was going sideways, blinking, flying, going thru things, ect.. ect..

Edited by Gunny, 05 March 2009 - 09:37 PM.

#7 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:16 PM

Good race! Good run Richard to P2 in the Big Mac, awesome job. Joseph, who I haven't seen turn a lap this week, P3. My understanding is that you had some interesting last few laps.

Sorry to see Larry disappear, and too bad for those who had various problems.

Well I had a good run doing what I had planned to do, which was do the best I can. This is where 400+ laps of practice with full race setup helps :) I can't understand why people spend so much time hotlapping... Maybe I should stop testing and practicing, and just do hotlaps because the way this is going I'm going to end up in an ATS and I would rather die.

One of the best things tonight was to see Bo smiling again (well I think he was anyway, just a figure of speach), after last week you didn't sound too happy. Keep it up man and I wish all of you Ferrari drivers will get a Williams FW07 next season, like Adnan said. Or any time soon.

#8 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

thanks to Kimmo for the much needed setup, and another from Gabe, to have something to compare i spent an enormous amount of time practicing this week. just Tues and Wed alone i put in nearly 7 hours.. i was finally satisfied getting under 34.

then tonite i couldn't get under 35 in qually. :P  i think it takes me THAT long (4 hour sitting) to get the flow of a track. coming in i was confident of a 33, but i probably tried too hard.  no worries, i don't try to qualify 'up front'  i just want to be respectable.  at 3 seconds off the pole, i felt better than the usual 5 or 6 seconds i am off :P

opening laps were FUN.. i was RACING.. Ha Maha ahead, Jim behind.. teammate Jim.. watching my '6'  ;)   Adnan started to pull away and Jim protecting my rear from the jaws of Adnan's Renault for as long as he could.. then Adnan was on me.. i was able to hold him off for what seemed like 10 laps.. but was really only 1 or 2 :D   exciting stuff!
then Jim (teammate Jim) started getting frisky.. making a bold move to pass going into 1, he overcooked it, and we touched... both saluted each other, and carried on, me ahead... for a while. meantime, Ha Maha was now behind and the 3 of us raced like a train for several laps.. till my teammate - Jim that is - decided to have another go and this time pulled it off.. well the way he pulled away from me, showed he was obviously faster. esp down the straight.  
i went for handling in the twisty bits more than speed on the straight.  but passing was near impossible in the twisty bits so speed must have been the answer~  
another battle with Ha ensued, but i lost that, regained it ,and then lost it again.. no matter. 40 laps of not only keeping someone in VIEW, but actually dicing for position.  that it was outside the top 5 didn't matter, i was having fun ~  and yes Kimmo, i did have a big smile on :)

i thought it was a good event - so sorry to hear of others misfortune. Esp Larry's disco :(
3 races left - lets make 'em all good and ones to remember!
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#9 Gintonika

Gintonika

S6 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Mybroga
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:16 AM

I've fell asleep at the wheel, AGAIN.....

I really wanted to race this one and had a good pace....

I will not be present in the next two because of holidays....

Congrats to the podium
Daniel Gomez
VOR Viper SRT-10 #530 (Art Design: Jake W.) THX!!
VOR Dome LMP2  #530
Mybroga '79 - Back in the champ winning #5 Brabham BT49, moahahaha!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Track Marshal#1

Track Marshal#1

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:40 AM

Fuji Speedway Race replay and XML file.

Attached Files

#11 Leo Menegucci

Leo Menegucci

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:03 AM

Man... What the hack?! I messed up with the fuel again?!

Two laps short. Rookie mistake.

Sorry for my ping going so high again. If that in any way messed someone race, please tell.

The ping was fine when I joined the server, but touwards the warm up it skyroketed. I figured just start the race and let the faster cars pass. Doing so, I found a solid seveth place, right behind a three car battle. I knew faster, but din't want to cause any trouble because of my high latency.

Well, the guys in front ended up being too slow fighting for position and I was able to pass by.

I had a nice pace  and was closing in to third when had a spin, lost a position. Then I started to worry about my fuel.

From the 26th lap maybe, I reduced boost to 1 and started short shifting, but that wasn't enough, fuel ended at the 48th.

By the final laps my ping was back to normal. I think is something related to the hour. Race time is right at the peak of internet trafick down here. My internet connection is not a top, and I plan to upgrade it to a faster service in short time. So, as I said before, if that is any trouble let me know. I won't feel ofended if I' m forced to be sidelined.

Race was fun anyway.

And please, don't give up people.

#12 C.Ascari

C.Ascari

S1-S3 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Administrators
  • 7,001 posts
  • Interests:Kicking everyones ass in a race.

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:01 AM

Congrats to Kimmo on the win ! :1a: Rich on 2nd :2a: and that pesky Mudrak on 3rd ! :3a:

Standings are updated and I'm suprised to hear Gabe grumbling about bad luck. Your 5 points away from a possible championship man ! Never has the championship been this close, 3 drivers within reach of it.

Same thing goes for Harrison, and his new toy hehehe. With only 3 races left your gonna sit there and tell me you'd throw away a possible championship to drive your car for an extra hour ! Well, ok, I can't say I'd be any different, but I think your either shoveling crap here, or your throwing away a good chance for a superb season comeback !

I think it's high time we give the 79's a break after this season, perhaps a new challenge is what everyone needs, I dunno, something fresh. The 79's will alway's be available, so let's finish this season on a good note guy's, and then concentrate on the next season.

Cmon Gabe, 3 more races !!!  You can do it man !

*whispers* - Larry, get your shit together and whoop those Tyrrell boys will ya !   :P
Who Said : "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day, teach a man to feed a fish and round round we go !"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MRC GPC79 HOMEPAGE
SEASON 6 STANDINGS
MRC GPC79 LIVE TIMING
MRC GPC79 HOTLAPS

C.Ascari rFRacing License

Posted Image

#13 Gunny

Gunny

S2 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• GPLVOR
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:30 AM

View PostC.Ascari, on Mar 6 2009, 10:01 AM, said:

Congrats to Kimmo on the win ! :1a: Rich on 2nd :2a: and that pesky Mudrak on 3rd ! :3a:

Standings are updated and I'm suprised to hear Gabe grumbling about bad luck. Your 5 points away from a possible championship man ! Never has the championship been this close, 3 drivers within reach of it.

Same thing goes for Harrison, and his new toy hehehe. With only 3 races left your gonna sit there and tell me you'd throw away a possible championship to drive your car for an extra hour ! Well, ok, I can't say I'd be any different, but I think your either shoveling crap here, or your throwing away a good chance for a superb season comeback !

I think it's high time we give the 79's a break after this season, perhaps a new challenge is what everyone needs, I dunno, something fresh. The 79's will alway's be available, so let's finish this season on a good note guy's, and then concentrate on the next season.

Cmon Gabe, 3 more races !!!  You can do it man !

*whispers* - Larry, get your shit together and whoop those Tyrrell boys will ya !   :P

LOL, yea man I'm not going to throw away this season! That is the thing about forums, things are taken not as intended by the writer.
I'm in man and I'm in a great fight and to give up the chase now would not be a good show of character on my part!
I love the  competition.

#14 James Sikora

James Sikora

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:17 AM

I have to echo Bo's feelings and comments. For the FIRST time in this league, I ACTUALLY RACED!!!!:banana: It wasn't the usual "driving" all by myself the whole time. This was by far the most fun I've had in a MYBROGA race! :thumbup:

It was intense for 39 laps...special thanks to Bo! :beerchug:

Jim :gpler:
Posted Image

#15 Kinst VonSterga

Kinst VonSterga

King of the Mediocre Racers at Mybroga!

• Mybroga
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:View Kinst's website for more information

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:58 AM

Congrats to the podium boys!   :thumbup:
Posted Image

"If someone says that SIM racing is a bonified sport and not an electronic game, then go unplug their PC to make your point".

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Kinst VonSterga's Movie Page

#16 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:15 AM

Where were you Kinst? :(

#17 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:20 PM

If my bad luck finally stops, perhaps I can do it :bangin:

But is not showing any signs of letting up :angry:

Larry is having a worse luck anyway :( Gunny and I shouldn't be even close to him on standings
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#18 Adnan Dizdarevic

Adnan Dizdarevic

• Mybroga
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:35 PM

My race report is in attachment.

Adnan

Attached Files

Posted Image

#19 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:55 PM

View PostAdnan Dizdarevic, on Mar 7 2009, 02:35 AM, said:

My race report is in attachment.

Adnan
One of the best race reports ever. Seems you had a good race after all. Ok, I'll do my best to get your Renault go really quick at Suzuka, I don't understand the sadistic 8 hour chicane though, but we need to be on the server at the same time for an hour, ok? ;) Obviously my setups are a tad hairy so we need to make you one.

#20 Larry_Sheehy

Larry_Sheehy

S4 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Mybroga
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Online Racing, cycling, hiking, all other outdoor activities and of course Family.

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:08 PM

Seeing the teammates talking about setups and all the good times working in togetherness on the track ( :gathering: ) just makes me want to cry! :cryss: Sniff Sniff.......CA?? Kevin????

A big congrats to Kimmo  :thumbup: and to Richard and Joseph for a podium..Was looking forward to seeing if I could stick with Kimmo last night but the racing gremlins have a big hold of me right now. :claw:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sim Racing Links