#1 lukewarm54

lukewarm54

Eric Schappach

• GPLVOR
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Mt biking, Skiing, Kayaking,Gardening,
    DIY Bike Lights, Oh yeah-computer Sims!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:33 PM

I didn't spend a lot of time here practicing this week. My qualifying times showed that.
I did have a decent race setup and was looking forward to a long run.
At the green I found myself moving forward due to some offs from others and was up to P4 by about lap 12 or so.
After I passed Gabe due to some 'agro racing' on his part I thought I could squeeze out a few tenths here and there to keep him behind- it just worked against me. I spun a few times pushing just a bit too hard and before I knew it I was looking at P7 after Kimmo passed me.I spun one final time in front of Dom.
I have a 3 strikes and I'm out rule, 3 unforced errors on my part and I park it to keep from taking out someone else
Stupid on my part- how long have I been doing this??? I should have just set a pace and hit the numbers lap after lap as I usually do. :soapbox:

I've had some good solid results the past few races and Team Lotus really needed the points, I hope I don't get canned...

Edited by lukewarm54, 26 February 2009 - 08:35 PM.

Eric Schappach

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"; Mario Andretti

Team Lotus, Season 6

Posted Image

#2 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:53 PM

well i'm depressed overall... want to know why?
first, i thought this would be a good track, but for some reason i simply couldn't find the rhythm here.

i practiced A LOT.. mostly to find a setup. tweak here, tweak that, i just couldn't figure out a decent setup. i don't know how many hours i tried. then tonite Gabe sends me his and i promptly knock a full second off my previous best time.
i don't know if you guys up front can relate to what that means, but its not good. i've now a good setup, but an untried one.

so off we go and from 14th i'm up to 10th before 5 laps are run. Craig had a moment and tho i saw him, and slowed to anticipate, we still made contact. i don't know if i suffered damage, but it didn't feel like it.  

but i have to be honest. the fun is draining the way sand falls from an hourglass. i am not a quitter, but continuing the frustration is - well adding to the frustration.  no! its not about Craig - i don't mean to imply that!   its the spirit of trying to come to grips with figuring out how to drive these 79s.  
too many hours in the seat for GPL?  
less complex?  i don't know.  i think if i could figure out HOW to develop a setup, so i wouldn't have to spend all my practice time doing it, i might not feel so low.

then, the sweeping left-hander, that i've had absolutely no issues with all week and i go straight off.  what a dumb a$$. when i stepped out of the car, i really felt like it was my last race in the 79s.  its now an hour and a half later, and i'm only 95% certain it was, so we'll see.  

its just tiring to be so non competitive.
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#3 Track Marshal#1

Track Marshal#1

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:20 PM

Hope you stick around Bo

Here are the race replay file and xml files

Attached Files

#4 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:20 PM

Pretty intense race here :gpler:

Qualified 2nd, a tenth away from my PB, and 7 tenths away from Kimmo's alien lap :alien:

But he had to start from pits...that means...that I start first :blink:

Green lights! And Wyatt Gooden blows by me. Tried to get a pace and follow him, but in the process Richard got the 3rd and started to push me hard. At one point it seemed as I was getting faster and starting to close on Wyatt, but I bobbled coming out to the 2nd back straight, and Hylands decided that it was a good moment to try an overtaking move...if you ask me, that's not a good place to do it at all. I have to look at the replay, but on that moment it felt like if Rich closed on me and touched my car, upsetting it and sending it into the grass and towards the wall. I could continue, but losing several spots and my car was now bent :angry:

From there, I tried to gain as much as I could. I did another spin, Eric passed me, then I started to chase him until he spun. Then, I was chasing Larry, 10 secs back. Something happened to him, cause I saw him spinning in the grass on T5. Something else happened to Wyatt...now on 3rd and trying to keep Gunny at distance. I was pushing to close the distance, but I wasn't achieving it. Then I spun again and lost all chances. Kimmo wasn't too much far away from me now, and he started to reel on me. A couple of spins from both delayed the final result, but on lap 40, he passed me on the straight. I started to follow him closely, and achieved to keep him at a close distance for two laps, until I messed my shifts in the last corners and he sailed away. But one lap later, he spins on the same place! Seems that some luck is coming back to me. Even better, Richard runs out of fuel in the last lap! That puts me on 2nd place! WHOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :clap:

Team Tyrrell rules man!

Congrats to Gunny on a great win, and to Kimmo on a tremendous run from the back. Also to Leo Menegucci, who was doubting to start the race, he did it from pits for not messing up anybody, and managed a beautiful 4th place. WTG!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#5 Larry_Sheehy

Larry_Sheehy

S4 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Mybroga
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Online Racing, cycling, hiking, all other outdoor activities and of course Family.

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:26 PM

Well I wasn't really expecting much from this race but it ended up being a pretty fun race until I just totally lost it under braking. After the first few laps I found myself chasing Gunny for P3. We were pretty equal through the curves but I was able to really move in on him on the front straight....He must have had some pretty high wings. Finally I had a good enough last turn to make a move and I found myself in P2 about 4 seconds behind Richard. So I decided I would push it a little more and hopefully keep Gunny behind me and at the same time see if I could close the gap on Richard and I hit the brakes and boom...off to the left and into the wall :weeping: ....Great fun while it lasted battling with Gunny....Great win Gunny!...and to the podium whoever you are. :thumbup:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:27 PM

View PostBo Bruce, on Feb 26 2009, 11:53 PM, said:

well i'm depressed overall... want to know why?
first, i thought this would be a good track, but for some reason i simply couldn't find the rhythm here.

i practiced A LOT.. mostly to find a setup. tweak here, tweak that, i just couldn't figure out a decent setup. i don't know how many hours i tried. then tonite Gabe sends me his and i promptly knock a full second off my previous best time.
i don't know if you guys up front can relate to what that means, but its not good. i've now a good setup, but an untried one.

so off we go and from 14th i'm up to 10th before 5 laps are run. Craig had a moment and tho i saw him, and slowed to anticipate, we still made contact. i don't know if i suffered damage, but it didn't feel like it.  

but i have to be honest. the fun is draining the way sand falls from an hourglass. i am not a quitter, but continuing the frustration is - well adding to the frustration.  no! its not about Craig - i don't mean to imply that!   its the spirit of trying to come to grips with figuring out how to drive these 79s.  
too many hours in the seat for GPL?  
less complex?  i don't know.  i think if i could figure out HOW to develop a setup, so i wouldn't have to spend all my practice time doing it, i might not feel so low.

then, the sweeping left-hander, that i've had absolutely no issues with all week and i go straight off.  what a dumb a$$. when i stepped out of the car, i really felt like it was my last race in the 79s.  its now an hour and a half later, and i'm only 95% certain it was, so we'll see.  

its just tiring to be so non competitive.

The reason why you couldn't get a good setup is maybe because 79s are not as logical as GPL in setup terms. You need to learn some tricks to get the car right. Now, with the force of will I know you have, I would expect from you to use the setup I gave to you tonight as a base for the remaining races. It's not that easy to build one from scratch, and few people can do it succesfully. And some aliens cannot...

After the season, we can talk about if you want to continue with 79s or not. But now you have something good between your hands. Use it man! :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

#7 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:30 PM

All right! That was fun after all. Was about 45 seconds back after lap 1 so i knew I had to push eally really hard. Which I did. A bit too hard actually...

At the end, once I had gotten lucky with traffic, most seemed to spin out from in front of me - I hope it wasn't my fault, I think Bruce, Gabriel and Eric were the only ones I passed properly. Some laps from the end with the rear tires totally screwed, I can not have had more than the carcass of the tire left - with about 10 laps to go I actually got the car sliding on a straight when I made an upshift. Did not see that coming... I was in front of Gabriel and mysteriously spun going down Lukey Hights. So I just sat and waited for him to go by then I spun around (That was very easy) and went after him, eventhough I knew I had ran out of time. Heard Richard swearing on ventrilo about the fuel light coming on with 5 to go, told him to slow down a little, but that's like asking a pyromaniac not to set my car on fire. Just won't happen. So passed him when he was rolling to a halt. Sorry to see so many DNF's, for whatever reason, but this track was very difficult for these cars. I believe these are desinged to perform at their best on old tracks. Phillip Island is old(ish) but it's really a motorcycle track...

Bo, this track was very difficult to set a car up for, so don't worry. I'm sure here are quite a few who can tell you what does what. If not,  I'll try to sort something out for you early for the next race. As soon as I learn it, all right? So don't you dare quit on us you hear?

Why would Eric have to park his car? I hope not, the server is pretty empty as it is so IF he's done 3 wrongs and the rules say he can not drive for the rest of the season, I beg you to make an exception in this case. We need all drivers we can get. Unless someone objects? I know rules are rules but...

Oh, duh, forgot the important. Congrats Robert on the win and Gabriel for a good 2nd. Good job!

Edited by Berko, 26 February 2009 - 09:44 PM.

#8 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:45 PM

Gabe and Kimmo..
thanks. ithat is what i will need to keep going. i spend so much time tweaking, i don't really 'practice' - and never being consistent enough doesn't help.
so yes, if you have time to send me something for the next race, i'll hang with it.

Kimmo, if you don't have time, i'll use Gabe's as a start template.  

thank you gentlemen. it will definitely help my approach.
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#9 Adnan Dizdarevic

Adnan Dizdarevic

• Mybroga
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:48 PM

Not much to say about tonight. In qualy could not get close to my pb from last night. Ended up 6th after start. Trying to keep up in first stage, I made a bad downshift under hard braking that sent me in not recoverable spin in lap 2. End.

As Bo I have spent lots of time practicing. Trying to learn difficult track and get a renault working. With my best wil, I could get neither one done properly. Seeing times that Kimmo is doing with renault makes me to conclude that I just do not bellong to the same speed class and possibly should sit in something faster. I also think that entire ferrari team should be a williams team. None of us would won the race, but we would have to work little less hard just to get feel we can keep up...
I plan to stick arround until end of season, but next one on my side will depend on car and track choices...

Congrats to Podium.

See you at next one.

Adnan
Posted Image

#10 Craig Hunter

Craig Hunter

• GPLVOR
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Radio control planes (IMAC), softball, shooting. Volunteer at the airport, tour docent at The Old Globe Theater. Touring. Civil war history. Astronomy.

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:12 PM

Geez! I thought I was the only one having problems with setups! Misery loves company!!! I like this track, used a setup Ha Maha that I got last week but had to soften the front end and stiffen the rear to get it to turn at this track. I almost ran into to Bo early on, just got caught out closing to fast and tried to duck under him ( expecting to slide past). Would have worked but Bo, big dummy that he is, still got in the way and we tapped. Had a brain fart late in the race overshot the hairpin for no reason what so ever, end of race. Wait until next week!

BO--JUST KIDDING-YOU'RE NOT A BIG DUMMY, ACTUALLY I DON'T KNOW HOW BIG YOU ARE.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Age is a state of mind.

#11 Leo Menegucci

Leo Menegucci

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

Thanks for letting me race guys , even with that 1000+ ping.

I still have to find the right way to use the qualyfing tire. My qualy lap was in race rubber, mid 1:24, though I'm not as fast as some guys here.

And right in race night I go through internet jam  :angry2:

Really just wanted to finish the race. I couldn't battle for position, as for others my car would be zigzaging all over the place, but all those dnfs helped a lot.   :drive1:

At the end I still had 25 l of fuel!   :bangin:

Top 5, good enogh for me!

You guys are a great bunch to race with.

#12 Gunny

Gunny

S2 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• GPLVOR
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:28 PM

What a lucky race I had. I had a very hard time trying to get a good handle on this track all week long! Low wings, high wings, rake changes, brake bias changes, ect... ect...
I couldn't string 10 laps together in practice to save my life.  Then tonight I jump on the server and lo and behold my car felt pretty good. I ran around with my race setup and was turning some pretty good lap times. For qual all I did was close the brake duct, emptied the fuel and put on qual tires and did a pretty good lap. So on to the race. I was nervous about the start (I messed up last week and did't want to mess up this race) We all take off and Richard was all over my car, he passed and then I had the task of holding off Larry! I soon discovered that my car felt different than it did in practice and even warm up. Prolly because of the red Alfa behind me. I did all I could but as Larry figured out I had a high wing setup and my car had no straight away speed so it was really a matter of time till he got me. So at this point I'm hoping for a solid top 5 finish. Richard and Gabriel were off in there own little battle and Larry and I were duking it out with 5th place lurking just a handfull of seconds behind. Something happend to Larry and he went off then I think a few laps later Gabriel had a off and I find myself in second place! So now it was all about keeping 3rd place from gaining and just try to keep Richard in sight! He was really fast and running a pretty smooth race.
At one point Gabriel got within 6 or 8 seconds but then I was able to string together a bunch of mid to low 1:26 laps and that seemed to keep the time distance the same. Then I was able to catch Richard (I prolly didn't catch him as he prolly slowed a bit to conserve fuel) anyhow I almost took the both of us out and he hit the after burners and was gone. As the laps started winding down I stareted to catch back up again and was able to pass as his car was sucking fumes from the fuel cell.

Whew, I was very lucky this race!
I don't really know what it is about phillip island but it was a tough track for me. slippery decreasing radius turns that to me were slightly off camber made it tough.

Anyhow congrats to all who finished running!

good times

Thanks

#13 Dom77

Dom77

Ascari's right hand man !

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:06 PM

Finished a race finally! not too good but its a start lol

Next time remember watch your language that goes to Kimmo and another guy forgot his name. Im sure the track marshall will look into that! Just because CA around doesnt mean you guys let your guard down.

What happen to the penalties from Spa? This is not good at all, im just reading them now.

Spa penalites, theirs no loopholes i shouldve read the penalites prior to the race :P Kimmo started on pole but pitted what on lap 1? Kevin started at the back oh well track marshalls will be busy :P

From Spa....

Judgement: Kimmo Kononen will start from pits at the next venue he enters.

Judgement: Even if Kevin exited by his own later, this was clearly his fault. Johnson loses all points earned in the race will start from pits at the next venue he enters. He will score half of the points earned at this race.

Dom

Edited by Dom77, 26 February 2009 - 11:24 PM.

Typing using the COLEMAK Keyboard Layout!

COLOSTRUM - Is the "immune milk" Supercharged with 97 immune factors and 87 growth factors. Colostrum is 3 times more effective than tamiflu.
VITAMIN D3 - Avoiding getting the colds/flu 1,000 IU per 25 lbs of bodyweight http://www.iherb.com/Vitamin-D                    
REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL
Workouts from Gym Jones, the guys that trained the actors from 300 movie Save the Boobies!! Detect Breast Cancer Sooner!
                        Jack Lalanne Face Workout! How To Poop Properly! Pooping 2.0

#14 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:19 AM

View PostDom77, on Feb 27 2009, 06:06 AM, said:

Finished a race finally! not too good but its a start lol

Next time remember watch your language that goes to Kimmo and another guy forgot his name. Im sure the track marshall will look into that! Just because CA around doesnt mean you guys let your guard down.

What happen to the penalties from Spa? This is not good at all, im just reading them now.

Spa penalites, theirs no loopholes i shouldve read the penalites prior to the race :P Kimmo started on pole but pitted what on lap 1? Kevin started at the back oh well track marshalls will be busy :P

From Spa....

Judgement: Kimmo Kononen will start from pits at the next venue he enters.

Judgement: Even if Kevin exited by his own later, this was clearly his fault. Johnson loses all points earned in the race will start from pits at the next venue he enters. He will score half of the points earned at this race.

Dom

Hey, I did start from the pits. Watch the replay or make sure otherwise first, ok? Noone ever said I wasn't allowed to qualify and try to get that bonus point, which I did. I even asked about it before the race, on the server, No one said anything. And Kevin started from the pits as well, he was right behind me.

I did say WHAT THE DUCK, except with an F, once, that has nothing to do with CA being there or not. Actually I asked him after the LeMans race if I was allowed to say something bad, and I was. So I haven't been watching my fingers as closely as I should on race day. Will do that. I am very sorry if it offended you, I even said "oops -sry" immidiately after, just in case.

Why are you so upset that you even blame Kevin for something he did not do? Is this not for fun anymore? I thought that you would be happy when you were allowed to bail out from Arrows in to the Renault team. Not that I mind that at all but this talk about loopholes... I see several others unhappy with their cars but they are sticking with them anyway.

Edited by Berko, 27 February 2009 - 12:39 AM.

#15 Dom77

Dom77

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:11 AM

Edited by Dom77, 27 February 2009 - 03:12 AM.

COLOSTRUM - Is the "immune milk" Supercharged with 97 immune factors and 87 growth factors. Colostrum is 3 times more effective than tamiflu.
VITAMIN D3 - Avoiding getting the colds/flu 1,000 IU per 25 lbs of bodyweight http://www.iherb.com/Vitamin-D                    
REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL
Workouts from Gym Jones, the guys that trained the actors from 300 movie Save the Boobies!! Detect Breast Cancer Sooner!

#16 Dom77

Dom77

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:11 AM

I just wanted clarification thats all.

I guess my movitation for this league down abit recently. Ive been here since Season 3 and all these penalties this year havent helped. 79 mod getting abit long in the tooth IMO :) Hopefully we try out Cart 98 in the offseason get some spark back.

REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL

#17 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:18 AM

We are still waiting for a clarification about why are you driving a RS12.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Dom77

Dom77

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:34 AM

CA offered me the BT48, Renault RS12 or Mclaren M28B go ask him. I think he has enough on his plate at present. I told him to give the the same offer to Jonathan Stiener.

Anything else? Im still running midback and you guys are running upfront and bitching about what car im in jesus. WTF? Whos we? Cmon come out of closet the we against Dom driving the RS12 Anyone else want to bitch about me driving the RS12?

Edited by Dom77, 27 February 2009 - 03:49 AM.

REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL

#19 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:22 AM

View PostDom77, on Feb 27 2009, 10:11 AM, said:

I just wanted clarification thats all.

I guess my movitation for this league down abit recently. Ive been here since Season 3 and all these penalties this year havent helped. 79 mod getting abit long in the tooth IMO :) Hopefully we try out Cart 98 in the offseason get some spark back.
All right. Hope you accepted my sincere apology for the rudeness I wrote during practice (It was not directed at anyone, everyone must know that, I just exclaimed my surprise when I realised how much that penalty would cost to serve).  I wasn't aware of that it would offend anyone that badly, especially not when it's not very uncommon; the F-word is being used here and there by lots of people.

Look, I'm not complaining at all, not the least bit, about what you drive. I only brought the matter up because you seemed very anxious to point suspicion at me for trying to sneak through the system. I would rather have people on track, driving what they want - within reason of course - than have people stay off the track because they are unhappy with their current situation. I just figured you shouldn't be so upset about trivial things - to me the F-word is trivial, it's even in the English dictionary - since I know how very entertaining the Renault is to drive and what a bi*** of a car the Arrows is. I had the dubious pleasure of driving one before the race and I can see why you don't want to drive it. Which is only fair. As long as others in a similar situation have the same chance.

But I don't like to be put under a microscope for something I didn't do. Even if it would take less than 5 seconds to find out by watching the replay, I don't like to be called out as a cheat. Now, let's all be friends here and just get on with the show, shall we? :)

Edited by Berko, 27 February 2009 - 05:28 AM.

#20 Dom77

Dom77

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:52 AM

no problem case closed, offended Rob kid thats for sure lol

REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL

Sim Racing Links