#1 lukewarm54

lukewarm54

Eric Schappach

• GPLVOR
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Mt biking, Skiing, Kayaking,Gardening,
    DIY Bike Lights, Oh yeah-computer Sims!

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:17 PM

Spent some time here doing lots of laps.
Didn't really nail a setup until Adnan sent me one for a Renault. Had to change gearing and raised the ride height.
Nailed a PB here in Q, 2:11.8-thought I was in for a good run.
Race started and ran for a few laps with some guys up front, had a few "moments" and fell back a bit.
Tires started to get taxed going through some of the really fast sweepers and just tried to pace myself.
I did have some good running with Gunny, but there was no way to keep him behind me.I had a BIG moment going through Eau Rouge- did a full 360 without hitting anything. A miracle in itself, decided to settle down and go for the finish.
Started to fall asleep toward the end until a quick spin and then Kevin was all over me for a few laps.
I think he spun-damn, was getting good.
Finished in P5, so I guess it wasn't too bad.
More points for Lotus and myself. Just glad to have had only a few spins and minor damage.
Eric Schappach

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"; Mario Andretti

Team Lotus, Season 6

Posted Image

#2 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:28 PM

got my best lap of the week in qually, and was good for a spot where i could still see the car ahead, who was in 10th on the grid.  the start was good, was able to miss Gunny turned 180 at la source, and then was last heading up eau rouge... except for those starting from pit lane.

at the esses(?) or turn 3 (?) someone had spun and when he came into view i spun to avoid making contact, full tanks/cold tires didn't help and i slid into the rail, damaging my steering on lap 1~  fun fun... soldier on-

only 28 to go.....
thru attrition i was able to move up and at the end found myself in 8th~ yay!  right behind my teammie for a 7-8 finish!
see Phil? i told you i had your '6' covered ;)

hope i didn't affect anyone too negatively as you were lapping me ... .now where's that Jim guy?  we could have had  a 7-8-9 finish!
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#3 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:30 PM

Well, mine was fun but not as succesful as I expected.

My bad luck this time was 0, with CA absent, my course was gone! :lol: but I drove crappy the whole 29 laps. I was extremely unconsistant, bobbling it on every lap. At one point I managed to get a good lap hitting all my marks with no mistakes, and there I got a temporary lap record. During the race, I started to think about the car's behaviour, and I realized that my setup was wrong. The suspension was perfectly balanced, but gearing and wings were not right. I would have needed more full tank laps.

Got a nice 3rd on Qualy. Race starts, and as I expected, Kimmo blew the launch, and I have to stop behind him, cause I didn't want to do a crazy swerving movement. I got tapped from behind, but this time I got no damage. Then arriving on La Source, Gunny spins, and I went wide to avoid him. Kimmo took advantage of it and grabbed back 2nd spot. After that, it was matter of seeing Richard and Kimmo fly away from me. Kimmo was faster, and was catching Richard. Laps later, I saw a yellow flag arriving on the chicane, and saw Richard stopped across the track. 2nd place! Richard started his attack, and thanks to my inconsistance, he caught me and passed me, with two laps of some beautiful close racing, before he pulled away. Then it was Gunny who was attacking from behind. Coming out of La Source, I blew it and tapped the wall, damaging rear suspension. Gunny came close, and after some laps of trying, he was all over me on Blanchimont. I blew it and went wide into the runoff, came back carefully and didn't see him anywhere, not on my side, not in the mirrors. I was more worried about him that myself, and blew the braking. Then I saw him passing unharmed. Fiiiiufff! Thank god! :)

Congrats to Kimmo on another great win, I didn't think that RS12 would perform so good here, you are definitely on another level man. Same goes for Richard, who is a true alien, on pair with Larry. And to my teamie Gunny, who came back from a hard time at Lap 1, he really outpaced me :bowdown:

This could have been my last race at MRC :weeping:, but I will confirm that tomorrow.

Let's hope I will be seeing ya at Phillip Island! :gpler:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#4 Gunny

Gunny

S2 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• GPLVOR
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:38 PM

Still Sweating!
Wow what a race. I hope I didn't mess anyone up at the start. Lights went green and I launched it. Pole position just stayed put. I checked my mirrors and when I looked back on the track I lost where I was. I hit the brakes and did a  little 180. I did my best to get right against the wall and not move. So from 2nd to last (or close to it) back to 7th in one lap!
what a race. Had a nice little battle with Eric and seemed to be holding steady with the leaders, I finally got by and started making up some time. I watched the battle between Richard and Gabriel and I think them racing gave me the opportunity to catch up. For the last dozen or so laps I was hounding my teammate and he was able to hold me off. I had some moments when my car felt really weird for a few turns and lost ground. At the end of the race I finally got by (didn't really know it was the end of the race) and had to run super hard to stay on the podium!
Just like to thank everyone for some clean racing and also the drivers who let me thru with out incident.

Thanks!
Gunny

#5 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:42 PM

Wohoo! :D:D I could get used to saying that... But this time I was really lucky. Messed up the start completely, my car was rolling backwards on the grid so i had to keep my left foot on the clutch and the brake and I couldn't press the clutch all the way to the bottom so I couldn't keep it in gear either. So my plan was to let go of the brake when there was just 1 red light left, but somehow it jumped a light before that, at least i couldn't see it and I was all confused for a while, then I forgot to put it in 1st and as the green lit, WAAAA-PA-PA-PA-PA nothing wtf WAAAA oh neutral, clonk 1st WABOAaaa oh right slip the clutch, WAAAAA-Skid-slide-slip and at the same time I watched Gabriel waiting behind me very patiently. After the race he said: "I knew you'd goose the star, lol"

Yeah.. somehow so did I... Anyway, so I came to T1, not too far away from Robert and Richard, saw Robert spin and slide right across the track and I was "Oh maybe it was good I goosed it, otherwise I would have been there as well..." So I had some extra time to find a way around the stationary rocketship. Richard got a gap from that, I managed to take that gap down to about a second, drove behind him trying to figure out where I could make a pass, if I ever could. So on lap 3 or 4 he spun going in to the Bus Stop, and again I was lucky I didn't push for a pass going in there. So Gabriel chased me for a while, the gap was anything between 4 and 8 seconds. Started worrying about the fuel, went for a slightly higher downforce that was untested so of course it used more fuel. Then the last half when my tires were all but good, Richard gave me a really hard time. I did what I could to maintain the gap, as well as trying to save the tires from meltig off the rims. Lucky for me his tires had passed the "best before date" as well.

Now, off to bed. See you at Phillip Island!

Was a good race, even if I was lucky beyond belief. You know, the sun shines even on a dog's arse occasionally... Grats all podiums and the rest of the finishers. Thanks to the lapped drivers for making my time as easy as they could.

#6 Track Marshal#1

Track Marshal#1

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:51 PM

Race Replay

Spa-Francochamps 2-19-2009

Attached Files

#7 Larry_Sheehy

Larry_Sheehy

S4 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Mybroga
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Online Racing, cycling, hiking, all other outdoor activities and of course Family.

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:49 PM

Sorry guys...I hated to miss this one but my mom is in the hospital. Hope you guys had a fun race and see you next week hopefully. :thumbup:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Dom77

Dom77

Ascari's right hand man !

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:51 AM

My comeback well lost it again on exit need to test more :P Lost it after eau rouge, then climbed back to 7th chasing down eric. I guess i have some rust to iron out.

Larry Hope your mother gets well soon.
Typing using the COLEMAK Keyboard Layout!

COLOSTRUM - Is the "immune milk" Supercharged with 97 immune factors and 87 growth factors. Colostrum is 3 times more effective than tamiflu.
VITAMIN D3 - Avoiding getting the colds/flu 1,000 IU per 25 lbs of bodyweight http://www.iherb.com/Vitamin-D                    
REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL
Workouts from Gym Jones, the guys that trained the actors from 300 movie Save the Boobies!! Detect Breast Cancer Sooner!
                        Jack Lalanne Face Workout! How To Poop Properly! Pooping 2.0

#9 Craig Hunter

Craig Hunter

• GPLVOR
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Radio control planes (IMAC), softball, shooting. Volunteer at the airport, tour docent at The Old Globe Theater. Touring. Civil war history. Astronomy.

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:28 AM

Had a fun time again tonight. As usual, I qualified well back and, nice guy that he is,  Ha MaHa send out setup and I grabbed it, tried it and liked it so used it for the race. He does things with setup that I never thought of so my hat's off to him. Took it easy on the start and just basically lurked waiting for the dust to clear. While, he never got on my rear wing, Phil was closing fast early in the race and I had to bare down to open a little gap. He lost ground moving for the front runners and I was able to pull well ahead until it came my turn to move over and he started closing again. Thankfully, he didn't have time to catch up before the race was over. I had to stay on it hard to keep ahead so he made me work for my sixth place--my best so far this season.

Larry, I hope things work out well for your Mom.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Age is a state of mind.

#10 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:53 AM

View PostLarry_Sheehy, on Feb 20 2009, 02:49 AM, said:

Sorry guys...I hated to miss this one but my mom is in the hospital. Hope you guys had a fun race and see you next week hopefully. :thumbup:

:(

Hope she gets better soon man. I was asking myself what happened to you as you didn't show up.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

#11 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:33 AM

I had a good race. My car was damaged on the first lap. I had 3 spins to work around and the 3rd car (Dom I think) spun a little after Da Red. I tapped the wall a bit trying to avoid him. Damage was minor but threw the car off just enough to reduce my pace to about 80%. I had fun chasing down Ha and Craig. I would gain time then lose time. Gain time then lose time. I could not push too hard. I really wanted to just finish. I almost finished on the lead lap. Almost. Fuel was about right. I was disappointed with my pace over all. Damn Migraine meds made the track seem different. I had fun. Onto next race. Well done to team Ferrari. WE BOTH FINISHED. Congrats to all.

Larry I hope that your mom is ok.

Edited by Phil Ashio, 20 February 2009 - 05:34 AM.

It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

#12 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:37 AM

View Postpai, on Feb 19 2009, 10:30 PM, said:

This could have been my last race at MRC :weeping:, but I will confirm that tomorrow.

Let's hope I will be seeing ya at Phillip Island! :gpler:

Work? Family? Video envy?  ;) I hope that it is nothing serious.
It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

#13 BoniPiket

BoniPiket

• Mybroga
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Tennis, Music, Racing Simulators

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:46 AM

Sorry to break the "24 hours suggestion for posting and flamming drivers on the web site, This will not be tolerated and the next incident will carry season long suspension and loss of points for all races..."
I am freeing my seat at Lotus, as I am no long racing with you.
Thanks for the few fun races I had.
Please feel free to give my seat for anyone at the MRC waiting list.
Kind Regards,
Luiz De Boni
Posted Image
Luiz De Boni

#14 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:46 AM

No Phil, university schedule, I will find it out in a couple of hours.

Boni, what happened? :(
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Gunny

Gunny

S2 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• GPLVOR
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:58 AM

View PostBoniPiket, on Feb 20 2009, 06:46 AM, said:

Sorry to break the "24 hours suggestion for posting and flamming drivers on the web site, This will not be tolerated and the next incident will carry season long suspension and loss of points for all races..."
I am freeing my seat at Lotus, as I am no long racing with you.
Thanks for the few fun races I had.
Please feel free to give my seat for anyone at the MRC waiting list.
Kind Regards,
Luiz De Boni

That too bad Boni, But you know sometimes it's good to take a break if your not having fun. Thats what this is all about.
give it a week or so and maybe take a few races off before you do something your emotions are making you do.
Anyhow I think I can speak for everyone, your always welcome back if you decide to hang up your racing shoes here.

#16 James Sikora

James Sikora

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:25 AM

I apologize to Team Ferrari (and the rest of the league) for all my absences. It seems that anything that can come up and cause me to miss a race, does. Hopefully, things will now change for the better. I haven't been a good teammate at all (actually, worthless). :angry:   I would imagine my contract is in jeopardy.:weeping:

I hope and pray that your Mom gets better asap, Larry!

Jim Sikora :gpler:
Posted Image

#17 Ha Maha

Ha Maha

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:50 AM

Not for this Craig, u did a good job!!!
And u going do a  great Season!!!
Congrats in the name of Brabham team!!!
Unfortunely i did not finish.
I did crash out in 17lap in 8place.
My Dear Wife was bring intho my dark room and cause my desconcentration.
Eh, eh i think u understand why i do not much comunications.
My crap english...

#18 Kinst VonSterga

Kinst VonSterga

King of the Mediocre Racers at Mybroga!

• Mybroga
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:View Kinst's website for more information

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:14 PM

Great driving by Kimmo, Richard, Larry and Gunny ... congrats!   :thumbup:
Posted Image

"If someone says that SIM racing is a bonified sport and not an electronic game, then go unplug their PC to make your point".

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Kinst VonSterga's Movie Page

#19 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:50 PM

Just got back from university, thursdays nights are still free! I'm in for the rest of the season :D :gpler:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Richard

Richard

• Mybroga
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:31 PM

I'll take a hard fought P2 from Spa knowing that I couldn't do much better against Kimmo. I had a good start and with the mishaps up front I lead the first few laps only to turn myself around entering the Bus Stop downshifting into first to early. I keep forgetting to dump the clutch to keep the motor running and I lost much more time than an average spin would normally cost. I set my sights on Gabriel and it took me quite a long while to get close enough and he finally had a little bobble exiting Malmedy and I was able to dart up the inside entering Rivage. He hounded me for a few laps and once Gunny got on his tail this allowed me to edge the gap out. Kimmo was masterful at keeping the gap between four and five seconds and I was pushing the whole way to keep him honest. In the end it was a great race and I look forward to Philip Island.

Larry, best wishes to your mum...hope she gets well very soon.
Richard Hylands
The Excitement Gang

Sim Racing Links