S6 R08 - Lemans - Feb.12/09

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:00 PM

I had a good race setup, but a bad race. 3rd lap in crashed still drivable. 4th lap crashed, not drivable. Oh well onto Spa.
It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

#2 BoniPiket

BoniPiket

• Mybroga
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Tennis, Music, Racing Simulators

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:07 PM

...disco´d...
my Internet is in worst shape than me....
....something strange happened these days on my comp...
..strange messages from Windows...no HOST for WIN32 processor...svchost.exe NEED TO BE CLOSED...
I´ll have this week to seek what´s happening to thos &%$&$** computer...
Before the race I had to re-boot and restore a configuration from January!
Matchmaker simply didn´t work...
...but I see at our LIVE TIMING, great battles are happening!
...I whish I was there...snif....snif...
...well, I am waiting you at the BAR on the left side of that long straight!
onto SPA...
  :beerchug:
Posted Image
Luiz De Boni

#3 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:08 PM

can't believe it - WHAT A BRAIN FADE!..had a p8 battle going with Craig.... he  had me covered everywhere but could only pass before going onto the Mulssane ... to which i was able to repass with ease... several cars crashed out ahead of me.. Joe, and Phil and i was just minding my own - typical pace - when i FORGOT where i was on the damn track and drove at full speed into the barrier at ?? Arnage i believe,  sharp and slow right hander~

i felt good actually racing someone, and with only 5 laps in, running 8th, felt a top 5 was possible.. guess not :P
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#4 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:21 PM

Boni. Sounds like you might need to reload Windows.
It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

#5 lukewarm54

lukewarm54

Eric Schappach

• GPLVOR
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Mt biking, Skiing, Kayaking,Gardening,
    DIY Bike Lights, Oh yeah-computer Sims!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

Had what I thought was a good race setup...
That was until I see Kimmo running 10 seconds a lap faster, gonna be a long night.
Race started bad, someone in front of me checked up and I darted to the middle lane. I ran along side a Brabham for a few seconds, then we tangled.
I got half spun and took the nose off.
I got going and then found the car was running over 200mph down the straights,WOW.
The handling wasn't too bad as long as  I didn't push too hard in the Porsche or Craner Curves.
I slowly slid back and found myself racing alone, lap after lap.
Had a few more minor off's, just to even up the rest of the bent parts.
I had all 4 corners lit in yellow and the front wing in red.
A final off due to tires going off and I lost it into Indy-Oh well, minor points night for Team Green.

Boni, Sorry to hear about your ongoing issues. I run a program weekly called System Suite from VCom.
I don't have any affiliation with them but it keeps Windows running very cleanly on my system.
If you need to reinstall Windows you might want to try running something similar, NOT Norton.
Good Luck :weeping:

Edited by lukewarm54, 12 February 2009 - 09:29 PM.

Eric Schappach

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"; Mario Andretti

Team Lotus, Season 6

Posted Image

#6 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:44 PM

While it had some fun moments, it's a race I want to forget. This track may be a classic, but it's not a good F1 track by any means.

Threw 2 qualy laps, had 8th place, it was ok.

Start of the race, I got off the line carefully, and everybody stopped in front of me. I couldn't do nothing and tapped CA, which costed me a damaged front bar and damaged front wing. Then I saw Maha and Schappach bobbling their cars beside and in front of me, don't remember if got some damage on the rear too, but the thing is, my car got seriously understeerish, which meant that the advantage I had for putting a fight with the guys around me was totally gone.

I watched CA go away and couldn't do nothing, but I was surprised to see Addie so slow on first laps. I was running 6th and was ok, the Danno had trouble. Well, 5th, nothing bad at all! :) Then Pablo spun his car on the last chicane, now I'm in 4th and with a good battle with Pabs on my hands :gpler: I saw many people in practice and in race doing swerving on the straights to cut off draft...I thought we raced in the old fashioned way here, it dissapointed me. Pabs seemed to not be able to keep his car on a straight line, that's why I decided to run behind him. Afterwards, a spin put me 5 secs back, then offs and spins here and there made Addie come closer to 2 secs behind me on the last two laps. Second to last lap, after Mulsanne Kink, I picked the inside lane and let Addie try an overtake on the outside...didn't like that side tap at all, it put me directly into the wall, could continue, Addie spun on Mulsanne and I had the spot back. But he was charging like a madman, and on the last lap, again we were side by side going into the braking at Hunaudieres Straight, and the big french guns were too much for my poor little Cosworth. Followed him through the rest of the track, but I wasn't sure to try a last minute dive. Then, a  little spin heading into the last straight made me give up.

6th place, it was more or less what I expected before the race, but after watching all that happened, I can't do anything but curse my bad luck again and again. It can't be possible that I can't round up a good race for christ sake! :soapbox:

Congrats to Larry, who is heading directly towards his second crown, Richard (LeMonster!!! ;) ) and CA (lucky bastard :P)

Edited by pai, 12 February 2009 - 09:46 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#7 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:46 PM

I did do my best to drive really slow the last half of the formation lap, but it wasn't enough. Looked at the track position thingy and it appeared the entire grid was really tight. Well I guess not... Engine meltdown right after the start, which wouldn't have happened otherwise. Sorry to whoever was behind me and hit me, I had to hit ESC and then confirm it. I had set the car up for no formation, and that killed it. I didn't think of that until I was on the straight, but simply to put a bigger rad on wouldn't have helped, it would have screwed up the setup.

Oh now I heard rFactor restarts the engine by itself in time for green. Sweet mother of God, what have I done... This was... Very upsetting to learn.

Anyway, good job all finishers, especially the podium. Larry was driving real good I saw from Richard's car, and Richard... Well no one has told him a McLaren should not be on the podium at LeMans.
Then I didn't really watch what was going on further back, but either way, I do know after several hours of practicing that this track is a challenge with these, cars since you have to run a low downforce setup. And it wasn't boring at all doing laps. Damn it. Now I am going to just have a nervous breakdown and come back. See you at Spa!

Edited by Berko, 12 February 2009 - 10:52 PM.

#8 Kinst VonSterga

Kinst VonSterga

King of the Mediocre Racers at Mybroga!

• Mybroga
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:View Kinst's website for more information

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:13 PM

Nice win Larry with kudos to Richard and CA.
Posted Image

"If someone says that SIM racing is a bonified sport and not an electronic game, then go unplug their PC to make your point".

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Kinst VonSterga's Movie Page

#9 Track Marshal#1

Track Marshal#1

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:14 PM

Interesting start !

Edited by Track Marshal#1, 12 February 2009 - 10:15 PM.

#10 Larry_Sheehy

Larry_Sheehy

S4 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Mybroga
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Online Racing, cycling, hiking, all other outdoor activities and of course Family.

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

Man I hated to see you go before the first turn Kimmo...I was really looking forward to seeing if I could hang with you. :(  As for my race it was a blast for 2/3's of the race with Richard and I switching the lead several times...Have to see the replay but it had to be more than 10. Richard was faster through the turns and would open up a gap but at the long straight I was able to reel him in just about every time before the 90 degree right. :fishing: Then he would out accelerate me in time for the next few turns.  :g:  This went on for many laps until my Alpha popped the wheelie from hell going over the hump and somehow we touched before the right and Richard spun. Not knowing if I helped cause this I let Richard catch back up and the battle continued for another few laps until he spun out on acceleration at the 90 degree right. I was able to open up a 12 second lead and it stayed pretty much the same until the end. I had a small lack of concentration and had a small off but didn't hit anything. Awesome race Richard!! :beerchug:  and also to CA for another Alpha podium!!!........I knew picking this track would be a disappointment to some but I guess I just love going fast. :P  and after all it looked like there were a few good battles...So on to Spa!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:34 PM

View PostTrack Marshal#1, on Feb 13 2009, 05:14 AM, said:

Interesting start !
Uh-oh... Please Mr Marshal, don't ban me. I will change my PLR file, or where ever the line is, so that I don't have to reach for my mouse to click the exit race confirmation. I didn't even know it was on, didn't even count on having to use it that soon... :(

Larry, what I meant to ask you on the server before it lagged out was that did you really push all the way or were you just chilling and kicking it there? I heard you waited for Richard after he spun and well. Not too many would have... Hey I was looking forward to the race as well! Oh well, maybe some other time.
EDIT: I heard about that wheelie from hell on Ventrilo. It sounded a little like:

Richard: "Holy "#¤%"  
Sad mofo: "What, did you crash??"
Richard: "No, Larry just popped a really big wheelie! I swear he was looking at his own rear wing there for a while!!!"
Sad mofo: "Oh... I guess he's pushing then..."
Richard: "Nah, he's just toying with me."
Sad mofo: "I don't know about that, I have seen him in practice doing that and he was going for it then..."
Richard: "Oh, ok. It was big anyway"
Sad mofo: "Just get on with it"

Edited by Berko, 12 February 2009 - 10:57 PM.

#12 Richard

Richard

• Mybroga
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:33 AM

You guys will soon get fed up with me thanking Kimmo for giving me a setup that makes driving these cars a blast so let me begin by thanking him for a LeMans set that allowed me to give Larry a race. Qualifying went really well as Kimmo and I worked together very well in the draft and I was able to claim P3 in a car that 'struggled' along at 194mph. I got a really good start but Kimmo's misfortune caught me out and I tapped the back of his Renault and this allowed Larry to get away and Pablo to sneak past into T1. the three of us worked the draft and I found I could out-accelerate Larry out of the slowest corners so I somehow managed to cross the line after lap one as P1. The Alfa was just too quick in a straight line and I could not keep Larry behind but we kept swapping the lead until the nose of Larry's car was almost over his head. I was caught out slightly and my car went a bit squirrely under braking and I tank-slapped him causing us both a bit of trouble.  He did not have to wait for me, but he did, and we resumed our battle until I made a race-ending mistake getting on the throttle too early and spinning the car.

I haven't had so much fun sim-racing in a very long time and I have to thank MRC for allowing me to race here and Larry in particular for his unwavering gentlemanly driving. He deserved the win and I can't think of anyone I'd rather see ahead of me other than Kimmo. I am looking forward to Spa and then Philip Island, two tracks that I absolutely adore.
Richard Hylands
The Excitement Gang

#13 Larry_Sheehy

Larry_Sheehy

S4 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Mybroga
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Online Racing, cycling, hiking, all other outdoor activities and of course Family.

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:12 AM

No Kimmo...It was flat-out all the way :thumbup:  I just thought since Richard and myself were having such a great battle... I didn't want to spoil it if I had anything to do with us getting together there and him spinning. I really didn't think it was my fault but I didn't want to look at the replay and say d*&^&....For whatever reason..with pretty full tanks the car would want to launch at the hump and normally I would lift just a tad to keep it on the ground. In Qual it wasn't nearly as bad. But when Richard was right on my tail I didn't want to let off the throttle too much and have him hit the back of me..so I kept in it and it just wouldn't come back down lol... :beerchug:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:15 AM

Hey all right! I looked at the incident report and found I didn't take anyone out physically when my engine died. Almost ended Richard's race, I am so glad I didn't. It slowed him down on the straight a little though... :( And I didn't bash anything to bits here at home either so maybe it wasn't such a bad day after all, once Richard did a good one. Eric, I do hope it wasn't my flaming Renault that forced you to go to the middle, get hit and then what ever happened after that. Believe me I try to get out asap.

Ok, now I can go to sleep with a almost clean conscience.

Note to self: If I ever start near the front again, I will turn off the engine. And leave it in 1st, or does it matter?

Edited by Berko, 13 February 2009 - 08:04 AM.

#15 pflores

pflores

• Mybroga
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:59 AM

I touched you Kimmo, I first thought I took you out, but then i saw some big fire.. hehe.

Hey.. I had a great start.. I was FIRST on T2, but well, i couldn't do anything on the straight. I was 3rd having a fight with Daniel, but he missed the braking on Indianapolis and bent my rear right suspension. I couldn't go straight lol.
Then i had a error on the last chicane, and CA overtook me, with Gabriel. I overtook him, then i was catching CA, we had a good battle, then he started slowly to gain some advantage , and near the end i had an error so it was to cruise to the finish line.
Hey.. pretty good for an m28.  Congrats Larry !

Edited by pflores, 13 February 2009 - 09:17 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 C.Ascari

C.Ascari

S1-S3 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Administrators
  • 7,001 posts
  • Interests:Kicking everyones ass in a race.

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:54 PM

Leman Server Replay

Standings are updated and include the 2 point reduction for Larry for scoring in all the races in the first half of the season. Possible Superman award, among others Larry ! Your on fire man ! :thumbup:

I got into getting a setup going last weekend, but couldn't find the time to really perfect it, though it wasn't a bad setup considering I was at 1/2 wings and the car felt great.

I knew Kimmo was doing well, and he and Richard had the drafting down to fine art for knocking off alot of time. I tried to weasel in on that in qualifying hehehehe. Didn't work out too well. Tried it with Danny too, same result. So I set a 3.25 and was happy starting in 6th.

Sorry again about the formation foul up guy's, That  was a big foul up on my part and possibly played a role in Kimmo's demise.  :(  So sry dude. I was SURE I had it set to Standing Start, I must've overlooked something, ( Like my wall clocks time hehe )

In any case, I got off the line quickly, but had to stop dead behind Addy's Renault, and then felt a sharp bang into my rear from Gabriel. Fortunately, the tap wasn't enough cause damage to me, but it definately hurt Gabriel. Not gonna harp on that Addy, it's the 2nd time I've lost 3 or 4 spots because I was behind you ( Limerock ), and I know you don't do it on purpose, it just throws me into a position I don't wanna be in at the start, especially at this track when I was counting on drafting up. You need to get that car off the line quicker if your going to qualify high dude. Let's work on it ok, I'll help ya out if I can.

So after that little squirmish, I got lucky and avoided Ha Maha and Eric getting tangled, unlike Gabe who's luck equals a 1 legged dog trying to get laid this season, and made my way behind Addy to the straight. Drafted with him a bit, then he drafted back, then passed him after and chased down Daniel as much as I could, but by this time, the top 4 or 5 were drafting and pulling away.

Except for Pablo hehehe

Basically caught Pablo by 1.5 seconds every time we hit the straight, and once I got closer he completely choked and spun it at the S/F, I went by without even recieveing a friendly wave !!  WTF !!   :P

Now in 3rd with Danny out, I was just watching Pablo trying to catch up, and we were pretty close, but he couldn't make up for the time lost on the straight to me, and I made little to no mistakes to give him any chance.

All in all, I love this track and would drive it again in a second. Like Larry said, it's just too damn fun going that fast ! But how fast you can go on low wings can be the tough part for some guy's, like Gabriel hehehehe  ( I'm just kiddin bro  ;) )

Grats to Larry and Richard and the nail biter position changes  :1a: :2a:

Sad to see Kimmo out, next week man, get that ignition worked out !

Till Spa !!!

CA
Who Said : "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day, teach a man to feed a fish and round round we go !"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MRC GPC79 HOMEPAGE
SEASON 6 STANDINGS
MRC GPC79 LIVE TIMING
MRC GPC79 HOTLAPS

C.Ascari rFRacing License

Posted Image

#17 Craig Hunter

Craig Hunter

• GPLVOR
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Radio control planes (IMAC), softball, shooting. Volunteer at the airport, tour docent at The Old Globe Theater. Touring. Civil war history. Astronomy.

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:21 PM

I had a fun time. Just couldn't seem to find any straight away speed except for drafting--that was fun. I went for 1/2 wing setting and a little over steer to try and make up my poor speed in the corners and it worked pretty well. Had a fun time chasing Bo. I'd give him hell in the corners , get him entering the long straight and he'd blow by like I wasn't there. I was really tempted to block enough to cost him rpm but I'll save that for another day.

(Just kidding, I won't do that, even to BO!)
Posted Image

Posted Image
Age is a state of mind.

#18 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:33 PM

View PostC.Ascari, on Feb 13 2009, 07:54 PM, said:

All in all, I love this track and would drive it again in a second. Like Larry said, it's just too damn fun going that fast ! But how fast you can go on low wings can be the tough part for some guy's, like Gabriel hehehehe  ( I'm just kiddin bro  ;) )

But you are right :lol: I can ride these beast without problems with wings down to 1/4 (I did that on Lime Rock Mountain, and it was the place were I performed best), but once I get the rear down to 3, 2 or 1, it starts to get really hairy on some fast corners :o If I could have practiced more, I could have got more speed, I was taking it easy on some sectors, and the 1/2 wing setup was working really well. But I still don't learn how to compensate the damage on the car and still keep the pace. I see some drivers on these league taking damage on their cars and not losing pace, while I always suffer of at least 0.5s drop everytime I get my car bent. This time it was even worse, because this track has low grip and it's bumpy on key sectors. I had the front anti roll bar set at maximum for keeping my car stable on fast corners, and the damaged wing+bar put me on a situation that I wouldn't know when my car would stop from understeer to start to oversteer (and any little mistake would show me when...on the mean way :lol2:)

Guess I wasn't made for being a driver, heheheh. God bless the simracing! :clap: :gpler:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#19 C.Ascari

C.Ascari

S1-S3 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Administrators
  • 7,001 posts
  • Interests:Kicking everyones ass in a race.

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:47 PM

I could sense your frustration long before this race, and last nights start definately didn't help ya out !

Just need to settle in, get some track time at Spa, and get off the line well. It will happen Pai !

I just remembered something, the evil hex I put on you 3 or 4 races ago !!  LOL !!!

I take it off now that I'm ahead of you in the standings, and I put it on....hmmmm.....let me see....

Psssst.... * whispers * .... Larry Sheehy  LOL  !!!

I don't think Spa will be doing me any favours with the Alfa and it's weight on fuel. I love the car, but lately I've been getting very aware that I'm not totally on top of my race with it. Larry uses the weirdest gear combo's, and it works for him, but I find them strange for some reason and not something I can get used too quickly enough for a race so I use my own and lose AT LEAST 1.5 - 2.0 seconds because of it.

Might have to bite the bullet for Spa and see what happens, I'd like to be able to race with him dammit !
Who Said : "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day, teach a man to feed a fish and round round we go !"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MRC GPC79 HOMEPAGE
SEASON 6 STANDINGS
MRC GPC79 LIVE TIMING
MRC GPC79 HOTLAPS

C.Ascari rFRacing License

Posted Image

#20 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:07 PM

Wrong thread d-oh...

Edited by Berko, 13 February 2009 - 06:07 PM.

Sim Racing Links