33 replies to this topic

#21 BoniPiket

BoniPiket

• Mybroga
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Tennis, Music, Racing Simulators

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:45 AM

View PostAdnan Dizdarevic, on Feb 7 2009, 01:27 AM, said:

... the turn before pits I did not understood well, and was a lottery for me each time - will it stick or not...
...It was great fun for me Boni to try to follow as close as I could.

Same here, Adnan! We had 40 laps, and I did that turn in 40 different ways!!!
At the start people disapeared from my screen for 1 or 2 seconds, and Pablo and others made an excellent start, so I´ve dropped a little and at T5 Eric tapped me softly, no big deal, but I´ve half-spunned and dropped to ....11th!
After getting back to 5th position, it seemed we had a TRACTOR BEAM between our cars!
I´ve made 4 mistakes, lucklly managed to stay on track, and I could hear the sound of the Renault´s engine inside my helmet all race long! GREAT FUN and adrenaline!

I just don´t understand the fuel issue I had: I practiced with the AIs a day before the race, 40 laps, with fuel for 42 laps (106 liters), and it was ok, at the end I had fuel for 2 more laps...
But at the end of our real race, I still had fuel for another 10 laps, meaning I was toooo heavy...with the same 106 liters...strange...

Kongrtas to KKKKimmo "Hakkkkkinen" KKKKonomen and all the finishers, podium or not! Great track, Great race!

Sorry to hear about PAI´s and Gunny´s issues....
Posted Image
Luiz De Boni

#22 lukewarm54

lukewarm54

Eric Schappach

• GPLVOR
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Mt biking, Skiing, Kayaking,Gardening,
    DIY Bike Lights, Oh yeah-computer Sims!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:11 PM

Boni, I also had some fuel issues-but it was at the last venue.
I put in enough fuel to get me the race distance-plus 2 laps, even with the warm up lap.
By 3/4 distance I realized I was in trouble and would run out with 1-2 laps remaining.
I don't know why the fuel consumption would be different off line compared to online though.
Maybe Gunny has some insight...
Eric Schappach

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"; Mario Andretti

Team Lotus, Season 6

Posted Image

#23 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:23 PM

It's always better to do a run on an approximate amount of race fuel online, do 5-6 laps, then find out what's your fuel consumption per lap (I use my spotter for that) then do the math and load the appropiate fuel. I always add 7 litres to what math says :)

Edited by pai, 07 February 2009 - 12:34 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#24 C.Ascari

C.Ascari

S1-S3 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Administrators
  • 7,001 posts
  • Interests:Kicking everyones ass in a race.

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:07 PM

Ya, alway's test the fuel online. I usually put in enough for 4 laps, including the outlap, then do the math for the entire race. It works flawlessly and you carry the exact amount, plus a cup more incase of a spin, or whatever.
Who Said : "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day, teach a man to feed a fish and round round we go !"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MRC GPC79 HOMEPAGE
SEASON 6 STANDINGS
MRC GPC79 LIVE TIMING
MRC GPC79 HOTLAPS

C.Ascari rFRacing License

Posted Image

#25 BoniPiket

BoniPiket

• Mybroga
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Tennis, Music, Racing Simulators

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:16 PM

View Postpai, on Feb 7 2009, 01:23 PM, said:

... do 5-6 laps, then find out what's your fuel consumption per lap...add 7...to what math says :)
That´s what I do, Pai, in that hour before the Oficial Qualy...
...I don´t think my race pace was that slow to leave me 30 liters in the tank..
I don´t know...maybe it was... :rolleyes:
But that means that if I´ve ran with 76 liters, that would be enough?!? I´m not sure...
Anyway, maybe we musicians are not that good in Math!
:P

...and yes Eric, the opposite already happened to me..!!!
...anyone has any clues?!?

...but it was a funny race anyway!
Posted Image
Luiz De Boni

#26 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

Some people that approach music in a rather "cold" way say that music is based on maths...baaaaahhh :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

#27 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

Adnan I'm not here to steal your seat buddy... :)
Hey all right, there's gonna be a video? Great, hope it's got plenty of onboard footage as well... :P I'd like to have that fastest lap in a video, I don't know how to do it myself, if i may request something... :)

#28 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:22 AM

View PostBerko, on Feb 7 2009, 11:12 PM, said:

Adnan I'm not here to steal your seat buddy... :)
Hey all right, there's gonna be a video? Great, hope it's got plenty of onboard footage as well... :P I'd like to have that fastest lap in a video, I don't know how to do it myself, if i may request something... :)

Making a full race video takes lots of seat time. But making a fast lap vid it's something rather simple. I can do it for you, but I can also explain you how if you want :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:00 PM

Oh could you? That would be great. Only from in-car would be great, and with the engine sound. Yeah, I didn't think anyone would do a full race length video, just some highlights maybe.

I don't have the computer to be able to do good quality clips, I have tried with fraps and it looked crap.

Edited by Berko, 08 February 2009 - 08:01 PM.

#30 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:29 PM

It only takes a while to do an onboard lap vid. But wait...you want your race record or your pole lap? Because I don't have the qualy replay for the latter...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#31 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:48 AM

The one from the race if it is not a lot of trouble. Has anyone ever extracted telemetry from MoTec and like pasted it into the video somewhere? Not that I had MoTec on but it would be cool some other time perhaps. For anyone. I'm not going to post it anywhere, it wasn't that special or anything like that, just that I'd like to have it as a reminder, for my personal use, and of course when I want to brag to friends. I have one special friend in mind, and I don't know how to get him to start racing with us here... But maybe if I show this he'll go: "Oh you bastard. Where's my wheel, I'll shut you up"

#32 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:29 PM

:)

Couldn't activate the HD mode, I need to find out how.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:12 PM

Great! Thanks man, say, could you send the full file to me through msn or something? I'll give it to you in a PM if you use it.

#34 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:12 PM

" Я хочу иметь вашего младенца !! Я хочу иметь вашего младенца"

I just read the report. "I want to have your baby!! I want to have your baby"   :clap: :clap2: :claire:     You Da Man!!!

Edited by Phil Ashio, 17 February 2009 - 09:13 PM.

It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

Sim Racing Links