lukewarm54

Eric Schappach

• GPLVOR
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Mt biking, Skiing, Kayaking,Gardening,
    DIY Bike Lights, Oh yeah-computer Sims!

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:11 PM

Wow what a thrill ride!
I turned many laps here all week and did rather well in Qualifying, got within a few seconds of pole which is always good.
Had a very nice race setup and was looking forward to a good run.
When the green lights came on I picked up a few spots due to someone sleeping and tucked in behind CA and Larry.
Gunny was leading but I was actually P4-HUH??
I ran a few laps behind them and watched as CA ran wide in a fast sweeper, Larry got by and CA seemed to be damaged.
I ran lap after lap trying to crack him, I would gain in a few fast sweepers and he would get me coming out of the slow stuff.
I fought tooth and nail with him for about half the race-cleanly.
After the halfway point it took so much effort to match his lap times, tires were going off just enough to lose a few tenths here and there.
Gabe came storming through and managed to get tangled up with CA in the last corners and I was back up to P3-WHAT?
I was hoping for a very rare podium(in any league) for me, but after a while CA and Gabriel caught back up. I was just trying to finish the race.
Then I noticed my fuel load- uh oh, might be very close.
With 3 laps left the fuel light came on and my heart sank, CA was on my tail and I decided to push.
Car twitched and into the sand I went. CA was by and  then looped it in front of Gabriel and decided to call it a night-no way to stretch the fuel- I was done...
I just couldn't match either CA or Gabe after a while, but it sure was a bunch of fun while it lasted.
Great running with you guys! :thumbup:
Eric Schappach

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"; Mario Andretti

Team Lotus, Season 6

Posted Image

#2 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:23 PM

Fun: Good
Result: Not as good as I expected

Again, I had the pace to fight with the lead, but it seems that something always has to happen to me. This time, it was my well deserved penalty that sent me to the back of the grid. With only 13 cars starting (few :( ) and a track with good overtaking points, it shouldn't be sooo hard to climb from the back...wrong.

On T3, a Brabham took the corner in a way I did not expect at all and I was going to ram him, so I have to take a spin. Last again. I'm catching Ha Maha in the back straight, and he opens his line right were I was going on the braking, had to take a picnic in the grass, almost last again...

From there, I tried to slowly gain positions again, until I was 5th. I took a deep breath and started pushing hard to catch Eric and CA, who seemed to be in an interesting fight. I caught Eric on the slow 90 degree turns, and slightly tapped him on the back, sorry :( waited a bit, we both regained our pace and we stormed down the straight side by side. I had the inside, so I kept the spot. Eric was driving fast today, because I couldn't shake him off! Nice driving man! :thumbup:

Then it happened something strange with CA: going to the second to last corner, I came out of the sweeper way faster than him, and took the inside line. I was holding my inside when braking time came, and I was in a good spot for taking the 3rd position...or at least that's what I thought. When going forward in the braking, I saw CA's car moving, and I got tapped from my side and went spinning. I saw a strange bug of cars moving by themselves on that sector, so I'm almost sure it was that what caused our contact. Eric regained 3rd place, and I let CA go by. One or two laps later, CA goes wide on the same spot, and I went into the chase of Eric. But my suspension was bented from that incident, and I spun by myself on the sweeper of the 3rd sector :soapbox: 5th again. Eric then spun, and I was trying to catch CA, but I felt like lost, avoiding Eric safely costed me precious seconds, and CA was going fast towards the end, I lost motivation and brought it to the finish line. I tried a last attempt to get the lap record at the end, but I only got a couple of ugly slides, and my brand new teamie Gunny did the job! :bowdown:

Congrats to Larry, Gunny and CA on a terrific race.

The leaders are sailing away from me in the championship :weeping:

Edited by pai, 29 January 2009 - 09:25 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#3 C.Ascari

C.Ascari

S1-S3 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Administrators
  • 7,001 posts
  • Interests:Kicking everyones ass in a race.

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:37 PM

Rattlesnake Server Replay

Standings Updated

Set a personal best in qualifying, but having said that, i was a little miffed with Larry's pace in the Alfa compared to mine. His gear settings are different than mine, and I think it helps him, but that ain't the only issue, he's just on it quicker than I am !

Sitting 4th on the grid was alright though, I knew i might be able to jump out quicker than Piket, and his slow start didn't help his cause. Got a run behind Gunny and pulled just a tad ahead of Larry into T1 and had to start thinking, " Can I actually hold my teammate back while Gunny runs away ? "

Decided to give it a lap and see what happened.

Stayed fairly close to Gunny after 1 lap, but Larry was close enough to tap me on the shoulder and it was obvious I'd be holding him back, so I eased up and let him go after the long front straight.

Following Larry into that fast sweeper after the esses and hairpin, I went a little off and took out a brake marker and damn near thought I was done, I was amazed I held onto it the way I did, I flying through there, way too fast and on the grass, I thought my race was over.

That's what you saw Eric. I didn't get any damage though.

Eric caught me by this time, and the battle for 3rd began !

We swapped positions for a couple laps then he spun it in the same damn corner I nearly died at and came around on the track and I didn't have time to completely avoid him, and my front left suspension recieved " slight " damage, but nothing that made it hard to race, it was very minor and I tried to put as much distance between myself and him as possible.

Got up to about 7 secs, then Legnini's name replaced Eric and I thought, my God, here he comes !

Took Pai about 5 laps to finally grab a pull from me and the battle was on. I was so much faster in later part of sector 1 and 2, but he was all over me in 3, especially heading into the 2nd last corner. He grabbed a good run off the 3rd last corner, and at the time I thought he just missed his brake point and smacked me in the ass. Having watched the replay, it wasn't that way at all.

He get's a run on me and pulls along side, but he isn't even with me by no means, but it was a definate out-braking moment coming, and as we both brake, he moved into my rear left side, and caused my car to react the opposite way,  and he went off, and I went wide onto the sand, and Eric went through lol !

No damage, just a hairy moment for both of us, I was making him earn this 3rd place ! Had he been all over me for an entire lap, I would've let him go, but as it was, we both had advantages and I wasn't gonna let him waltz on through man !

Now we're chasing Eric down, and Gabber took a spin, so I decided to try and catch Eric myself and I was gaining some real momentum with a handful of laps. Finally got to within 2 secs, and he took a mean spin off the track, looked like the car just jumped the other way, and I was back in 3rd, Gabe wasn't gaining ground.

Awesome race all round, and the track really made you work, but it was nice to have those straights to wipe the sweat from your eye brows !

Man !

Grats Larry and Gunny !!
Who Said : "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day, teach a man to feed a fish and round round we go !"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MRC GPC79 HOMEPAGE
SEASON 6 STANDINGS
MRC GPC79 LIVE TIMING
MRC GPC79 HOTLAPS

C.Ascari rFRacing License

Posted Image

#4 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:46 PM

had precious few laps of practice this week and came to race with a goal to race clean and finish.
achieved part "B".... almost had part "A", but with 9 laps to go i went off - straight off the right hander... umm 3d turn from end of lap... thru the sand and banged the wall - not once but twice. bent the suspension, and then drove about 60% and lost 9th to teammate Phil.. (i owed him anyway)  getting 10th was nice but in a field of 13 not much to feel good about~
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#5 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:49 PM

I was very disappointed with my race. I was turning low 26's and high 25's consistently most of the week. Come qualifying all I could manage was 27's. This was a bad omen for the race. Started great jumped to 6th was feeling good. Came up T3 and one of the braking markers was gone. I realized this too late. I had been practicing without the markers just in case but forgot all about it come race time. Anyways I braked way too late spun off. No damage but now 12th. The rest of the race was just poor braking causing me to spin a lot. I did my best to stay out of everyone's way. I had fun chasing Bo. I could catch him but every time I tried to pass him I had issues. I then realized that for me I just needed to finish. Which is what I did. 2 races in a row. Congrats to all. Seemed like most had a good time. :beerchug:
It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

#6 Gunny

Gunny

S2 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• GPLVOR
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:51 PM

Man what a race. Team Lotus wanted me to do to many Pilates commercials thinking they could make a quick buck showing off their rejuvinaed ole man! Well I didn't want any of that. Made a few calles and Team Tyrrell said they would buy me as many burgers as I wanted, the choice was easy!

Anyhow, damn man what a race. Got a nice little qual run in but really wasnt to sure about my race setup. My ole trusty mechanic was still thinking Lotus when he tuned my Tyrrell and to be honest the mechanic was right! Had a great fight going on with Larry for the first half of the race as he kept the gap at 1 second or less most of the time. I attmpted to shut my mirrors off but I was to scared to let go of the wheel!  :unsure: (note to self, map button on wheel to shut the mirrors off) So about mid way the law man started poking around to find a weakness and I was paying more attention to that than racing and had a tiny little off. Larry seized the opportunity and took the lead. I hung on for a little while and then he opened up a little gap as I wasnt really trusting my setup choices. In the last few lap I had a pretty big gap to third so I said to myself let push some and see if we can catch up. Well I started catching up but I started to late! My fast lap was my last lap. Great race to Larry for winning, and CA for the podium and a  :thumbup: to my new teamie Gabriel for a great 4th place.
Good stuff.

#7 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:53 PM

I checked the replay, and there was no bug there. From the cockpit, it seems I'm going in a straight line, but from the outside, i'm turning slightly to the inside. First my car moves, then his car moves. Good thing I lifted and let him retake the spot. Sorry CA.

Dammit, I drove extremely crappy tonight. I hope to redeem myself, because I'm seriously needing it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#8 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:55 PM

View PostBo Bruce, on Jan 29 2009, 10:46 PM, said:

and lost 9th to teammate Phil.. (i owed him anyway)  getting 10th was nice but in a field of 13 not much to feel good about~
Hey man you owe me nothing. I was mad at the time but I realized that stuff happens and I was to blame as well. I slowed down too much for the aliens and well our cars mated at that corner. I still finished that race and this one to. Besides we are team mates. LONG LIVE FERRARI!! :thumbup:  Until I get my new ride next season.  :)

#9 C.Ascari

C.Ascari

• Administrators
  • 7,001 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:05 PM

Hey Ferrari boy's ! Get a room !  :P

Gabe, during qualifying, or testing this week, that was the exact spot all the cars would do a little jig. I don't see it happening in the replay, but who knows man. In any case you were nice enough to give me the spot back, although at the time I wasn't sure you were going too, and I was thinking " Like Hell Legnini, come back here ! "

Was a great battle man, and you came out just short of the podium, I'm sure it will be impossible to even get near you at St.Jovite from the start, so hold your head high man, it was a hell of way to spend 70 minutes !

Eric Schappach !

BRING

IT

ON !

:fouet:

Was sad to see Craig not able to race  :(
Who Said : "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day, teach a man to feed a fish and round round we go !"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MRC GPC79 HOMEPAGE
SEASON 6 STANDINGS
MRC GPC79 LIVE TIMING
MRC GPC79 HOTLAPS

Posted Image

#10 Adnan Dizdarevic

Adnan Dizdarevic

• Mybroga
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:35 AM

After I managed 5th in qualy with solid 1:22 I had some hopes for the race. Unfortunatelly, Boni was caught by surprise on green light and I got stuck behind, got a slight tap on the rear and my wing damaged. Rear downforce was gone to certain degree what made a car quite nervous and I could not drive as fast and consistent as I was hoping i could. That is how it goes sometimes...
I had to make new plans and quickly found myself a company in a tyrrel from Jo Mudrak and Ferraries from Bo and Jim Sikora. I quckly lost Jo due to unnecessary mistake and spin mysides, but stayed for a while with red cars, until they spun and I could get some 20 sec ahead of Jim. After Jim retired, with Ha Maha driving 25 sec ahead, and Bo being a minute back, i decided to find out what could I get out of damaged renault. Trying to push it under 1:25, I only managed to push rear right suspension against the wall. After that all I wanted was to keep it in 9th.
Late retirenments from Eric and Ha did bring me up to 7th few laps to go. I guess damage limittation. St. Jovite does not look like a track for Renault. A race in EOLC on Sunday will not help my practice time there, but I hope for a good race and another finish.
Sad to see only 13 drivers on start. Cannot explain leak of interest latelly. Let us hope it will pick up back in second half of season.

Grats to speedy guys last night and to all that finished.

Adnan

P.S. Do really not want to open another can of wurms but could we think about changing penalties rules. Race suspensions might be little to heavy. Can we just take points and have pit lane starts. Suspensions could be issued for severe errors (i.e. 2 or 3 occurences in same race). With Dane and Augusto we excluded two pretty regular guys from racing. It would make us 15 last night, I know not much better, but better... just my two cents, and please do not get offended by proposal.
Posted Image

#11 Larry_Sheehy

Larry_Sheehy

S4 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Mybroga
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Online Racing, cycling, hiking, all other outdoor activities and of course Family.

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:47 AM

Well I have to say that was one of the more intense races  I've had in a while. Started P2 with Gunny's purple people eater on the pole. At the start...I really didn't think I had a "bad" start but here comes CA's Alpha running up beside me...awesome start CA :thumbup: , I glanced over and sure enough he was up on me by just a tad so I backed out and settled in P3. Took me a while to get my Alpha warmed up where I felt like I could push it and Gunny and CA opened up a 2 second gap really quick. I was thinking that Gunny would run into the sunset while I battled to get by CA but team orders came down from on high and CA let me by on the first long straight. Thanks Man!...You didn't have to do that but I appreciated it anyway. :man:   From there I didn't really know if I could keep up with Gunny's race pace or not but I was pleasantly surprised to see myself actually gaining by a couple tenths or so a lap...but I was pushing the Alpha to the ragged edge and really didn't know if I could do anything with him once I got up there. We had some really close racing for a few laps with me tucked right on his tail.....I took a look a couple times but couldn't make it stick and he kept the lead. Finally he slipped a little wide after the two left handers and I was able to take the lead. He stuck on my tail for a couple laps but then I started to stretch it out just enough that I could relax a bit. Going into the last lap I had a 4 second lead and Gunny shaved that down to around 2 seconds with a super lap....I'm glad you didn't find that speed earlier Gunny!... :showoff:  Congrats to Gunny and CA for podiums. :thumbup:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:49 AM

View PostAdnan Dizdarevic, on Jan 30 2009, 09:35 AM, said:

P.S. Do really not want to open another can of wurms but could we think about changing penalties rules. Race suspensions might be little to heavy. Can we just take points and have pit lane starts. Suspensions could be issued for severe errors (i.e. 2 or 3 occurences in same race). With Dane and Augusto we excluded two pretty regular guys from racing. It would make us 15 last night, I know not much better, but better... just my two cents, and please do not get offended by proposal.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe let the guys race but for less points or no points. It is kinda dumb to suggest it now 6 races in, but I never thought that anyone would get suspended. Sorry for stirring the pot.

#13 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:15 AM

and i'm one that spoke up for stricter rules... but like Phil, err Mike.. and Adnan, i really didn't think it would happen. to me, the mere thought of being suspended - after MULTIPLE chances, would have me driving with extreme caution. Alas, for some this isn't possible. maybe for others it was being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  

Suspensions do have a tendency to thin the grid. taking away points is good only if points were actually scored in that race, meaning a bonehead move on lap 1 taking out a victim and the guilty party does nothing to the guilty one. unless we consider deducting points already earned.

and believe me, as a league admin changing rules after a season started is something i tend to avoid at all costs.... but~
maybe addition thought on Suspending needs to be reconsidered.  

just voicing my 2 cents, if we stay with the rules as is, i'm good with that, only that as i said, being one that wanted stronger penalties before this season started,  i feel obligated to agree with SLIGHTLY softer penalty, short of suspension.

please feel free to totally ignore this post if it stirs up any frowny faces.
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:

#14 Dom77

Dom77

Ascari's right hand man !

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

Couldnt make it last nite preparing for my mums bday today. All i will say we need bums on seats just penalize people with back of the grid 1, 2, even 3 races these race suspensions will just make people more prone to errors after not racing 1-2 even 3 weeks or more with suspensions, real life issues etc... I hope a new mod comes up for next season im not talking about 91 mod zzzz

Edited by Dom77, 30 January 2009 - 12:29 PM.

Typing using the COLEMAK Keyboard Layout!

COLOSTRUM - Is the "immune milk" Supercharged with 97 immune factors and 87 growth factors. Colostrum is 3 times more effective than tamiflu.
VITAMIN D3 - Avoiding getting the colds/flu 1,000 IU per 25 lbs of bodyweight http://www.iherb.com/Vitamin-D                    
REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL
Workouts from Gym Jones, the guys that trained the actors from 300 movie Save the Boobies!! Detect Breast Cancer Sooner!
                        Jack Lalanne Face Workout! How To Poop Properly! Pooping 2.0

#15 Adnan Dizdarevic

Adnan Dizdarevic

• Mybroga
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:42 PM

Well Dom, is there anyone making in secret 1982 mode? Not 1992 or 1972 but 1982?

Please tell us we will not tell anyone else!
:secret:

Adnan
Posted Image

#16 C.Ascari

C.Ascari

• Administrators
  • 7,001 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:50 PM

While I can see where your coming from here, with the shorter grids and all, but keep in mind, with the shorter grids, it doesn't take long for a driver to make up the positions he's lost. Gabriel started in 13th last night, and had his eye on 3rd with plenty of time left, and also grabbed the bonus point for most positions earned. It's almost a prize to get that penalty.

There should be NO back of the grid starts. Everyone should start from the pits, and wait 30 secs before leaving, whether the lights work or not.

If we want to get rid of suspensions now, I'm fine with that.

Have drivers start from the pits, loss of any points in the race the incident took place, and only be awarded half the pionts earned in the next race. If they finish that race, cleanly with no obvious incident in which they are at fault for, they can rejoin qualifying the next race.

If they fail to race that race cleany, they must do the same thing again until they do race cleanly.

This should pertain to all the laps in a race, not just lap 1.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MRC GPC79 HOMEPAGE
SEASON 6 STANDINGS
MRC GPC79 LIVE TIMING
MRC GPC79 HOTLAPS

Posted Image

#17 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:28 PM

good deal CA...

i agree with starting from back NOT being a penalty, but also it makes for a dangerous setup for us slower cars back there. also, if such a penalty is applied to someone like me, a 'back row' start is no penalty at all.

for fast drivers back there, the stress of a smart / clean start, has the added worry about some rocket roger trying to gain 1/2 the grid back before turn 2.  so thanks for making it a pit start!

as for points, brilliant. all the race it happens in, and 1/2 the next -  and repeating till they get it right~ all good!.
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:

#18 C.Ascari

C.Ascari

• Administrators
  • 7,001 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

Ok, i thought it sounded like a reasonable alternative as well.

Should we then say that Augusto can race at St.Jovite, starting from the pits for half points ? Better than sitting it out I would think, but the " Clean Race " idea will still apply.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MRC GPC79 HOMEPAGE
SEASON 6 STANDINGS
MRC GPC79 LIVE TIMING
MRC GPC79 HOTLAPS

Posted Image

#19 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

i would say 'yes'   - emphasizing CLEAN
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:

#20 Adnan Dizdarevic

Adnan Dizdarevic

• Mybroga
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

Very good points CA. Like pit starts and points proposal. I think that these are motivation factors enough. with 30 sec penalty and 1/2 points in addition to loss of any points in the race pennalty was issued for is enough of set back to get us all think before we decide to put someone else in danger. Not even the fastest one will catch other top guys with 30 seconds delay.  As far for us slow guys, when we start with 30 seconds delay we will also have to work hard to get to the guys of similar speed that start normally. And us slower drivers earn points in more difficult way and not as many as quick guys do. So point loss hurts enough.

Thank you,

Adnan
Posted Image

Sim Racing Links