Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:45 AM

http://www.vimeo.com/1846994  :gpler:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#22 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:12 AM

Well done. I especially like how the music ties into some of the action on the screen. What program are you using to make the video's?
It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

#23 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:27 PM

I use FRAPS for capturing the takes from rFactor, then I do all the edition on Sony Vegas. It has a pretty nice interface, easy and intuitive to use. It has some tricks though, but if you are patient, you can find all that you need without much effort. It also helps if you have a couple of friends that have used or are using the program, and can throw you some hints :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

#24 ThunderDog

ThunderDog

THE OLDER I GET............... THE FASTER I WAS ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Mybroga
  • 1,259 posts
  • Interests:rFactor<br /><br />My '79 L82 Corvette ~ 32k Original miles<br />My Sexy Gilfriend ;)

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:03 PM

SIMPLY EXCELLENT   :thumbup:

Thank You so much for these films Gabi.... I really really enjoy watching them and I apreciate the time and effort you put into it!  

What a great race that was and a very fitting film tribute that showed so much of the great action :)  There were some fantastic passes made and some wheel to wheel racing that was amazing to watch.

Thanks to CA as well for the writeups you do on the MRC site - they never fail to amuse.  Thanks too for all the stats work you have to do!!

Considering all the great racers, the great racing, the great movies, great writeups, great stats, etc. etc. ......  this has to be one of (if not THE) best leagues anywhere anytime!!!   :thumbup:  

:punk:  :bowdown:  :D

( I'm surprised that I haven't been kicked out yet, it's so good! )   :lol2:

Edited by ThunderDog, 30 September 2008 - 04:06 PM.

Cheers
ThunderDog
Michael Muldoon

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#25 Larry_Sheehy

Larry_Sheehy

S4 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Mybroga
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Online Racing, cycling, hiking, all other outdoor activities and of course Family.

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:32 PM

Ditto TDoggy :P ....I find myself just waiting for the next video and reading the writeups. :clap:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 oliver

oliver

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:01 PM

great opening gabby.  that was perfect as those guys roll up to the grid and the lineup scrolls by.  with the music it was terrific (and i hate the music too but liked how it worked at the beginning!!!).
Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:06 PM

Man, YOU CAN'T HATE ROADHOUSE BLUES!!!!  :bangin: :punk:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 oliver

oliver

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:30 AM

like i said tis fine until jimbob starts singing!  where is the barfing smiley!!!????

lol
Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 C.Ascari

C.Ascari

S1-S3 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Administrators
  • 7,001 posts
  • Interests:Kicking everyones ass in a race.

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:49 AM

Great job Pai, I liked the scrolling grid slots alot, great idea to include that Ollie.

Musically, don't matter to me, I like the suprise of not knowing what to expect until it starts playing   ;)
Who Said : "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day, teach a man to feed a fish and round round we go !"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MRC GPC79 HOMEPAGE
SEASON 6 STANDINGS
MRC GPC79 LIVE TIMING
MRC GPC79 HOTLAPS

C.Ascari rFRacing License

Posted Image

#30 Jonathan Stiener

Jonathan Stiener

Jonathan

• GPLVOR
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:06 PM

I have to agree, that start sequence was awesome, right up  until it showed me carrening off into the grass!! :) Gr8 job, your best work yet, your gettting more creative and witty with this stuff every week!

Thanks!!

Jonathan
I like to go fast................

Posted Image

Posted Image

J.Stiener rFRacing License

Current GPL rank:-52.051
Monster rank:-257.981
Challenge Rank:-25.472
Historic Rank: -8.075

#31 Steve B

Steve B

• Mybroga
  • 760 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:56 PM

Simply awesome to have something like this to show off.  Now when my wife asks me how the race was, I just let her watch the movie.  She's really diggin 'em, and so am I.  Keep up the good work Gabe  :thumbs:

Really cool watching the grid form up.  I didn't realize so many of us did the last minute burn-out thing.  Nice to see so many cars line up too... they just keep coming and coming.

We rock!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:37 PM

http://www.vimeo.com/1944793 :gpler:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:34 PM

Well done!! You are getting more creative with each video. Hmmm Do I smell an Oscar in the future??  :punk:
It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

#34 Adnan Dizdarevic

Adnan Dizdarevic

• Mybroga
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:46 PM

another fantastic one!!! Bravo Gabe!
Posted Image

#35 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:54 PM

outstanding!
thanks~
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#36 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:21 PM

Thanks everybody :). This video has something different from the rest. In this one, the usually known as "backmarkers" are the ones who appear in most of the takes :gpler: Addie, Jim, Bo, Boni, and Dale trying to regain lost ground between them, they all put a terrific show out there :thumbup:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 Kardum31

Kardum31

Community Misguided Youth

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:02 PM

Allow me to offer a bit of constructive criticism, but know that I consider your videos really well done. :)

I don't know that I like the choice of music: I would be fine listening to it by itself but I really don't think it works all that well with racing. I might prefer exciting and harsh instrumental or orchestral pieces instead, but that's as specific as I can get.

The old-style video effects could stand to be toned down a fair bit: maybe (compared to the raw rFactor video) a little bit of image noise/grain can be added and a very slight grayscale or sepia tint could be used, but be careful not to overdo it.

Also I like the split screen stuff, and some of the various car-mounted cameras could be used a touch more.

But this is all little stuff, and the videos are still very enjoyable to watch. :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

BATracer - Browser-based Racing/Management Game

#38 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:10 PM

Thanks for your comments Joseph :)

About the fx I used...I've think I mistaken the filter. It adds some visual effects of an old film that aren't what I've thought on first place. I need to do some work on colours and tints for nailing that retro feeling, using a different filter. Perhaps watching again and again Villeneuve vs Arnaux video for getting an idea of what I should aim for :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 James Sikora

James Sikora

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:38 AM

BEAUTIFUL WORK, Pai!!! :clap:

It must take quite a bit of time to create these videos...thanks very much!! :bowdown:

Jim :gpler:
Posted Image

#40 ThunderDog

ThunderDog

THE OLDER I GET............... THE FASTER I WAS ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Mybroga
  • 1,259 posts
  • Interests:rFactor<br /><br />My '79 L82 Corvette ~ 32k Original miles<br />My Sexy Gilfriend ;)

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:30 PM

:thumbup:  :thumbup:

Another Great Video Gabriel !!!!!!!!

It may be an age thing or something similar... but I have enjoyed all the music that you have chosen for the videos!!?!  
Lots of great action shots in this latest work, really sweet.

I have one complaint though.....  Watching all my mistakes over again on video makes me feel bad !!!   :lol2:

Huge Thank You for all the work and effort and time and energy you put into these "films" --- I honestly get excited just waiting to see the next one presented!  :clap:
Cheers
ThunderDog
Michael Muldoon

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Sim Racing Links