Posted 24 September 2022 - 08:28 AM

https://www.twitch.tv/singionhawk

#3 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The Answer Man

• VOR Admins
  • 5,141 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 10:41 AM

Peter kept me on my toes. Very unfortunate that he blew his engine.

I had two almost encounters with the cones of death, but no contact. You just can't relax, although the wide track makes it hard.
Bob Simpson

#4 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 11:40 AM

The Tony Mountain boys had a mixed result today, a case sort of like kissing your sister. Claudio retired after 29 laps with light damage but I managed to hang in for the duration, miraculously avoiding contact with both cars and cones. This leaves us just short of having the koins necessary to repair our repeatedly banged-up Lotus, and without which we're a team that once again is looking to go into battle without rifles or bullets.

I like this track, as I do most airfields (especially Silverstone). But these cones are ridiculously, stupendously --- and I mean that in the kindest possible way --- dangerous. Can anything be done to reduce the utterly asymmetric damage that is produced merely by coming in close contact with one of these TNT-laced bastards?

Edited by Pepe Higdon, 24 September 2022 - 11:41 AM.

#5 Peter Lohmar

Peter Lohmar

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 11:41 AM

Congratulations to Bob for his masterful win and to Eduardo for moving into 2nd place in the D2 standings!

I geared the car to hit about 8800 rpm max in any one gear, but apparently the bumps caused an overspeed often enough to cause an eventual header failure.

Hoping for a better outcome at Road Hotlanta.

#6 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,854 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 06:55 PM

I expect that the cone damage can be mollified via a revised or perhaps new '.3do' file associated with the cone(s).  Don't know how to do that personally, I'm afraid.

#7 singion

singion

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:Remote control Planes

Posted 24 September 2022 - 07:47 PM

Qualli

woke up with man flue and was of my best pace by over a second
managed a 18.xx for 4th so was happy with that

Race
i was behind Eduardo in 4th with only a small less than a second gap for 25 laps
we slowly pulled a gap on Alex GPL of 8 or 9 seconds
with about 20 to go i made a small half spin into t2 and that opened up a 8 second gap and Alex was back on my tail
then with about 12 laps to go Eduardo made an error or was delayed with a back marker and the gap was back down to 3 seconds
i then made another spin into t4 and Alex got by
i felt with 11 laps to go i would catch Alex as he was 4 or so seconds ahead
but then i made a error at the last chicane and drifted into the tyres, i set of again and when i braked for t1 the car just span off with clear suspension damage
so i parked the car Race over

#8 Claudio Pablo Navonne

Claudio Pablo Navonne

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 03:40 AM

The idea was to arrive with the whole car, and nothing more than that. I was doing my job, until Bob came by to take me for a lap. At that moment, in the braking of T1, I started to think about the difference in speed between the Eagle and the Cooper, and when I came out of my daydream I realized that I had passed the braking point and was on my way to ruin Mr. Simpson's race by crashing him from behind. The only option was to slam on the brakes and get off the track. I hit the grass bale (I think it was steel) and ruined the left front suspension. I tried to continue, but the car was unmanageable, and to avoid further damage I abandoned when I went through the pits.
Member of AtlasF1 GPL/NR2003/Mods/etc.

#9 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The Answer Man

• VOR Admins
  • 5,141 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 08:52 AM

Oh crap! I  saw that and wondered if I caused your misfortune. I'm glad it wasn't me but sorry that you couldn't continue.
Bob Simpson

Sim Racing Links