• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Chuck K

Chuck K

Team Matra

• Mybroga
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:00 PM

i think the list should be of tracks that are banned, not ones that are allowed. we know there are tracks that bring discos, have glitches, are unfinished, etc.

i guess i can see it from both sides concerning dunrod. having an off, and then getting DQed trying to get back on the track isnt fun. remember the railroad cut at saschenring? thats a race-killer in a 67, but we didnt ban running it.

MRC rule #1 is and has always been To Have Fun! Yes, i shouldnt make mistakes, but hey! guess what? im going to make mistakes, even a track like monza that ive run a thousand laps on. thats whats fun about the game, going out and driving on the edge. some tracks dont lend themselves to that style. recognizing it and adjusting for it is part of the challenge. i recognized that at dunrod, just wasnt able to adjust to it.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
Mario Andretti

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Long Live Mybroga! Posted Image

#22 Eaglerapids

Eaglerapids

• Mybroga
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 07:44 PM

You know what this reminds me of?
The Season From Hell!
Remember all the boo hooing and wringing of hands? The season when we had one week to learn Schottenring and it seems like 3 or 4 other long and difficult tracks and it was a 14 race season as i remember.
It was tough as hell but now we regularly race those long difficult tracks and look forward to them because we finally know them.
After all these seasons of arguing over what mod to run it sure pleases my ears to hear the wails and banging of heads over the difficult tracks. All is well in Mybrogaland!!

BTW, I still think the way the hazards are laid out at Dundrod is lame. But with another week of practice I believe I could finish a race there.
Posted Image

#23 BSmooth

BSmooth

• Mybroga
  • 621 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 08:53 PM

Tracks that are banned or tracks that work,really doesn't make a difference to me.Now this is for all who say that If we practice enough we wouldn't be whining about this in the first place.If thats the case what the heck happened at Suzuka? I practiced a lot at that track,which for me might mean 5 or 6 total hours.Thats right,thats a lot for me.I'm sure there are those who practice a lot more,and thats great If you happen to have the time to do so.Well ,you know what happened? We didn't even race that track at all.
Why didn't we find out sooner,hey stuff happens.
Also I think someone here said something about being behind,and maybe If you practiced more you might qualify further up front.Well wouldn't that be great !Too bad it just doesn't work that way.Some of us regardless of how hard or long just aren't great qualifiers.You know sometime I only get 5 or 6 hours at a track at all before a race? Some of may have raced there for 10 or 20 times that much.So I think I do pretty well considering.
I asked for opinions on this idea and all I've gotten so far is whining about how bad its all going to be.You sound like a bunch of old ladies.
As I said before It wasn't about Dundrod,Its about tracks that are fun to race on.Talk about missing the point altogether.
Should we just poll this and see If its what you want or some other way?
  This is a minor thing really and you may even get more crazy ideas from me who knows.But changes are going to happen ,one way or another.And if it just happens to make it slightlier easier to pick a track,then I'm all for it.
So just say it,do you like the idea or not? Please no more whining or complainng.If I want to hear that all I have to do is go to work, or home actually come to think of it.

Edited by BSmooth, 10 November 2006 - 08:56 PM.

Posted Image

#24 Bentcam

Bentcam

• Mybroga
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:38 PM

5 or 6 hours!! Wow, must be nice. I'm lucky if I can get two half hour sessions and then the half hour for qualifying before the race.

Oh crap!! More whining! <_<

#25 Michael Valls

Michael Valls

• Mybroga
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:04 PM

[quote]And now the witch hunt is on! Hot damn a Salem Revival, nay, this could well eclipse the Salem hunts. It'll be international. Tracks from all over the world, found to be unworthy of MRC will be burned by the roadside, hung from the trees(use the trees that are solid). Their creators will be impaled on sticky bales and left to rot. Other creators will be taken out into the fields and left to find their way back without running into anything solid.[quote]

I love it!  Can we start with Grand Vally Three please!!!

There are a lot of good points here.  I espesially liked Bsmooth and Strider's posts.  What the hell did happen to Suzuka.  I loved that track and many others did.  Dundrod and IOM were very dificult but a joy to drive once you got them down.  

There are not many tracks I dislike.  I'm finding it had to think of any now.  When It comes to GT3 However I compair it to IndyF1, Spa98, Longbeach, or many other converted or unfinished tracks.  IndyF1 and Spa98 are fun tracks to me, but they are not close to being good tracks for online racing.  Longbeach is a stretch esp. sence I can't really remmeber it, but know its not up to snuff.  Laguna comes to mind, we had a lot of CTD isuess and glitches there but was a fun track.  We are working that slipper slope.

I know its late.  I did ask for reconcideration of GT3 at the begining of the season though.  I've had 1 CTD and 1 CT GPL and many other flashes in game.  GT3 is unfinished, has no track markers,  rediculus banking in some corners and in my opinion unfit for mybroga(let the torch burning begin).  If we run this track Longhall will be my next track choice and I expect it to be run.  

I'll get off my  :soapbox:

P.S. I can't wait to Delete GT3

Edited by Michael Valls, 26 March 2007 - 09:05 PM.

#26 DC Snr

DC Snr

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:37 PM

There are so many good tracks (real) and yet the Moon and this one crept in ??? I think each person who has the privelage of picking tracks should pick two each and then the people racing decide the one to use. They should be real tracks.

DC Snr
Seen all the greats from Fangio to Senna,
Enjoy watching my son racing and Racing with GPL .

#27 Bentcam

Bentcam

• Mybroga
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:08 PM

Totally agree about GT3. I mean, tunnels through the trees!! Oh boy. It's a challenge to drive but i don't think enjoyable at all.  I'm getting flashes on it also. I'm only gonna run this one out of respect for the guy that chose it. And to prove my loyalty to Team Cooper!!

#28 falcon221sprint

falcon221sprint

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:05 AM

I really don┤t like this track. Banked turns are kind of too unreal, not too many passing spots and I actually having no fun at all driving it.
Got a couple of discos yesterdar (1 mass) while training.
But I will also race it because it was chosen and approved.

I disagree with DC Snr, The Moon is a great track to drive and race. It was really fun to drive fast through it.
It was though, yes.... But not too much.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#29 G_Forcin'

G_Forcin'

• Mybroga
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:45 AM

I disagree with Moon and GT3.  Great tracks and places to pass or for people to make mistakes, IMHO.  Could be computers and/or video cards out there that do not like them, I suppose.  

After ALL of the stink that SO many people raised about Alex T's Janakala, has not one person verbalized any adversions to the solo track Isle of Mann?  After turning the page, answer: yes.

Edited by G_Forcin', 27 March 2007 - 07:19 AM.

Posted Image
"Keep the rubber side down" Dave Despain, Motoworld
[IMG]

#30 Pela

Pela

• ADC
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:25 AM

personally i prefer real tracks, but i know that at moon (fantacy track) we had good races too.
I believe that when we choose circuits, those  should be finished to have the minor possible quantity of failures
Grand valley looks like a pretty track, only that I believe is not finished.
embraces!

Edited by Pela, 27 March 2007 - 09:01 AM.

#31 JosÚ FierroFord

JosÚ FierroFord

• Members
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:45 AM

Man: si esta permitida, no esta prohibida, se puede elejir...........

Si quieren elejir pistas, terminen dentro de los 4 primeros del campeonato, y elijan..........

Posteen pistas que les gusten, sugieran, no puras quejas luego que la gente legitimamente elijio ya.....

JFF

http://www.elmundo.e...mp;t=1173970756

http://translate.goo...com/translate_t

Edited by JosÚ FierroFord, 27 March 2007 - 09:06 AM.

Posted Image

Libertad es poder decirle a los demás, lo que no quieren escuchar….

#32 Chuck K

Chuck K

Team Matra

• Mybroga
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:08 PM

anybody can pick any track they want in my opinion, but if has too many glitches, with discos and screen freezes, then it needs to be replaced.

junkalunka was one of these, there were textures in the middle of the track, and just too many weird things. since i never did install the moon, i cant say anything about it.

this track (grand valley) is a bit goofy at times, but it is finished enough to have a race on i think. i havent had any glitches with it yet, but then i havent driven a whole lot of laps here either. mass discos are a killer though, if we see a lot of them in practice it may be wise to schedule something else. the trouble is it isnt fully tested until just before the league races, and then it's hard to call everything off.

too bad RSC or someone else doesnt have a list of tracks that have a high incidence of problems ;)
Mario Andretti

#33 falcon221sprint

falcon221sprint

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:08 PM

I guess we can┤t race again at Montjuic and Oulton Park V2.
Lots of people getting Discos while training and racing.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#34 Jeffopp

Jeffopp

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:46 AM

View PostEaglerapids, on Nov 9 2006, 08:11 PM, said:

What Rick said.

Now, I've been thinking a lot today, at work, about what Tex and HO and others have said about this track.
Firstly we should get off Andreh's case about his choice. Let me say when I called for him to be skinned alive I was really just joking:-). Andreh had a right, that he earned, to pick any track he wanted inside the guidelines he was given. I seriously doubt he had any idea how the track would run online with a field of racers. Mybroga has a long history of running tough tracks, we've never backed away from them. And if he did know, he STILL had the right to pick it. The track ran fine, no issues at all like Janaloopa where mass discos seemed to be the rule. Tex loves the tough tracks and in an inferior car they give him an edge because he learns them fast and while everyone else is flying off, he's cruising. I learn tracks excruciatingly slow so when a new one pops up, I start whining. It's just the way it works.
If this track had come up for review and I was a reviewer I would have had to pass it. It ran fine. I personally think it's a very flawed track but I would have passed it.
Really, I can't believe somebody hasn't picked Isle of Man or Watkins 49. If they did we'd have to run them. Would I spend a bunch of time practicing them?  No, but I'd whine a lot. And I'd call for THEM to be skinned alive.
:-)

Isle of Mann....hehe.....yeah, yeah....another great track, Jim.  Wish I'd have thought of IT, over even Dundrod!  ;)

Ooops, just noticed the date on this......boy, it's discouraging being such a DWEEB!  Oh well........

Edited by Jeffopp, 29 May 2008 - 10:47 AM.

#35 Chuck K

Chuck K

Team Matra

• Mybroga
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:45 PM

lot's of screen freezes at Mallory Park. not appropriate for a league race. :rasp:
Mario Andretti

#36 Chuck K

Chuck K

Team Matra

• Mybroga
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:41 PM

add blue mountain to the freeze list...
Mario Andretti

#37 Chuck K

Chuck K

Team Matra

• Mybroga
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:33 PM

Urbanya also has troubles... :(
Mario Andretti

#38 HoracioOstoich

HoracioOstoich

• Mybroga Admins
  • 4,602 posts
  • Interests:family cars golf gpl

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:33 PM

FREEEZES AT PAUL RICARD

NOT  GOOD FOR LEAGUE RACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MYBROGA THE LEGEND IS ALIVE THOSE MYBROGERS ARE GOOD

#39 HoracioOstoich

HoracioOstoich

• Mybroga Admins
  • 4,602 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

http://forums.speedg...showtopic=21200

but we raced in some tracks of that list without problems.......................example: sandown, sepang, riverside

pero corrimos en algunas pistas de esa lista sin tener problemas............ejemplo: sandown, sepang, riverside

#40 HoracioOstoich

HoracioOstoich

• Mybroga Admins
  • 4,602 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:10 PM

and bathurst, indy, goodwood................

Sim Racing Links