Nurburgring Sim Vs Reality

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 zzbusch1

zzbusch1

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:07 PM

As some of you know, rFactor2 is my favorite sim right now. They just released their versions of Nurburgring a few weeks ago. This a comparison of a real life driver on the 'Ring in real life and in rFactor2.  Same driver, same car.

https://www.facebook...ExODIyOTA2Mzc5/
racecar is racecar spelled backward

#2 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,952 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:43 PM

sick.... watching top/bottom, i couldn't tell difference w/out really LOOKING :P
but~
its not GPL ;)

and your sys can run rF2?
i remember getting frustrated back some years when i raced rF1..
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#3 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:34 AM

rad!
oAo - Heavy Metal Racing - Division1, group4

#4 Rudolf Goertz

Rudolf Goertz

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:music, motorsports, super-8 film, old racing bikes

Posted 22 November 2019 - 02:42 PM

Wow... that is unbelievable! I have to check that out on rF2. However the Ring is not my favorite bit it looks astonishing. There is also a version of Rouen btw. :) There is just one thing I really don't like with rF (like most Sims I think): You can cheat with the clutch. As far as I know GPL is the only sim where I actually have to press the clutch to engage a gear (I am using an h-shifter). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

#5 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,952 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:24 AM

Rudy...  you can check the box "auto clutch" (or whatever its called) you still have to  lift off throttle before each shift... but don't need to use the peddle :)
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#6 zzbusch1

zzbusch1

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:38 PM

View PostBo Bruce, on 23 November 2019 - 11:24 AM, said:

Rudy...  you can check the box "auto clutch" (or whatever its called) you still have to  lift off throttle before each shift... but don't need to use the peddle :)

It's called "auto blip".  The other drivers, real or AI will use whatever they have set. It is a sort of cheat. It does make shifting easier. How much of a cheat it is, I'm not sure. I know I'm not faster with it on or off. I"m just slow anyway I drive.

I checked. There is an option for auto clutch, so you don't have to use a clutch pedal.

Edited by zzbusch1, 29 November 2019 - 04:11 PM.

racecar is racecar spelled backward

#7 Tames

Tames

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:30 AM

amazing!

I just tried assets cross with an oculus rift. The emersion is really cool, tracking you head movement is exactly what it should be. Looking back at your engine in the Lotus 49 is awesome and you really can move your head around hen racing against others. But the resolution in the distance is simply not good enough imho. I sent it back, but whenever they come out with better resolution, I will certainly look at it.

Sim Racing Links