2 rookie mistakes... oh well. I really feel like a stupid driver :(
AP

#22 TerryMcMahon

TerryMcMahon

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:24 PM

View PostDonnie Yourth, on 18 August 2015 - 06:54 AM, said:

Great to see the series shaping up, Artie!  It's getting what it needs.  More competitors!  :)

I'd appreciate an upload of the replay cap.  Thanks.

We´ll sure miss you Doni !!!  Be safe bud :)

#23 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:50 AM

Race Results

http://simresults.net/150819-1GP

Server Replay

https://mega.nz/#!7M...GbIXZYl-upV1gHw

Edited by Arturo Pereira, 19 August 2015 - 05:00 AM.

AP

#24 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:32 AM

Right before the race, I decided to use a new setup, much stiffer than the one I used before. The problem was that I drove it as if it was a much softer setup. The consequences: 2 spins I couldn´t control and the suspension destroyed.

Congratulations to Lee for a wonderful win and to German y Marcelo for their podiums!!

Jeez... these rookie guys will make a tough competition ;)
AP

#25 Lee Simpson

Lee Simpson

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:57 AM

Great to be back racing with Atlas even if it was a slightly rocky road to the win.

First I want to apologize to Terry.  On lap 28 he and Oscar were having a good race for the lead while I was very close behind.  Entering T2 Terry ran really low allowing Oscar to pass on the right and I, further back, had good speed (I was running boost 5 at that point) and thought I would do the same.  Terry came back up the track after Oscar passed, which was totally his right, but I could not slow down before hitting him in the rear taking him out of the race.  Again very sorry.

German and I tangled wheels a few laps earlier (L22), again coming out ot T2, and that caused him to spin but neither of us touched anything hard and it seemed like I still had speed when racing continued.  Other than that if was an amazing first race.  I think at every yellow I changed boost strategy starting the race at boost two and then going to boost five for a few laps and in the end running every other boost (1, 3, & 4) thinking it was the fastest way to get home without running out of fuel.  In the final race laps Juan and I were running 1st and 2nd, swapping the lead, until the final yellow with 5-6 laps to go.  A strange drag race to the checkered flag and I luckily held the lead.

The Swift I chose to race this season seems to love Pocono.  I don't know why but I hope it holds for a few more tracks.

Great to see the new racers too, and thanks again to Art for putting on this race series.

Edited by Lee Simpson, 19 August 2015 - 09:20 AM.

#26 TerryMcMahon

TerryMcMahon

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:29 PM

NP Lee, race deal, in fact a went out a bit wide haven´t noticed you were there at all !!!!  I was so concentrated in this guy passing me on the outside line again and again !!! :) :)

It was a fun ride for sure, good to have some close competence again, looking forward for next one.

Congrats all the podiums :)

Sim Racing Links