31 replies to this topic

#1 David Fletcher

David Fletcher

ADC Founder

• ADC Admins
  • 6,222 posts
  • Interests:SimRacing

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:32 PM

Alright guys, we’ve finally updated the GPL Track list a bit. Not a wholesale change, but we’re much happier with this list. In all, we’ve added ten venues that are either new to us or have been previously retired, and removed a few that we felt needed to take a back seat for a bit, for one reason or another. You’ll notice that we’ve made some changes to what was previously suggested. We’ve heeded your requests to keep a few of the longer venues in. So you’ll see Clermont-Ferrand and Dundrod 1950 returning to the calendar, to join the Nurburgring and Solitude in providing the long-track masochists (like me, hehe) somewhere to abuse ourselves. We have spared you the Isle of Man, though. :P

We’re also changing the way we do the track rotation. In the past, we rotated in a 1 Papy/2 Addon pattern. Now, we’ve divided the venues into two lists, which will be rotated week-to-week. We feel it will run simpler this way.  

The ‘Season Venue’ list contains all the venues that were used in their relative seasons by the mods that are supported in the ADC (although not released yet, we do feel the ’66 mod will be out relatively soon, so it was factored in). The second, ‘Addon Venue’ list, of course contains the fine addon venues that we run in the ADC. In all, we’ll race at 34 different venues, up one from our previous 33.

Season Venues

Kyalami
Mexico City
Monaco
Monza
Mosport
Nurburgring
Rouen
Silverstone
Spa
Watkins Glen
Zandvoort
East London
*Clermont-Ferrand
Brands Hatch
*Reims
*LeMans Bugatti
Montjuich Park

Addon Venues

*Adelaide '02
*Albi
Crystal Palace
Dijon-Prenois
*Dundrod '50
*Keimola
*Jops Siffert
Laguna Seca '67
Lime Rock Park
*Monza 10K
Oulton Park 60's
Salburgring '74
*Sandown '68
Sandown Park
Snetterton '67
Solitude
Zeltweg '70

*= New or re-added

We’ve really worked hard on this list. GPL Board members, plus a couple of individuals from outside the Board, have spent considerable time working on this list. We’re sure though that not everyone will agree with our choices. The addition of the fantasy track Jops Siffert is an example. Usually, we don’t run fantasy venues in the ADC, with the only past exceptions being Thornham and Road 67. Some will say that there are other ‘real’ tracks that should be on our calendar before a fantasy track, and others will suggest that there may be other fantasy venues that they would rather include first. But it’s our hope that you’ll try this one out, as it has really struck a chord with a few of us. We think this is a very special, race-able venue that should produce some fun laps for us.

In fact, we’re hoping that you’ll have a good look at this entire list, and give it a try. Like I said, there has been considerable effort and much gnashing of teeth trying to put together a good list of venues that should perform properly, and provide us with some fun, clean, racing.

I’ve updated all the links on the download page of the website, so you can download the venues over there. You’ll start seeing a new venue or two showing up on June’s calendar. Between now and then, I’ll produce a new ‘season.ini’ file that will be specific to this list. It’s a great feature of GEM to be able to select different ini files to use right from the desktop.

http://adc.speedgeez...k-downloads.php

Fletch
"In racing as in life, you're either in someone's way, or they're in yours..."

#2 MikeB

MikeB

GPL European/Australian Director

• ADC Admins
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:31 AM

Great list, David :)

Hey maybe when the full 37 miles of the Isle of Man comes out we can bin CF, Solitude and Dundrod and just get out "Long Track" fix at one venue :D  ....................................... Just joking !!!
Cheers

Mike Beattie

#3 Oliver Carter #

Oliver Carter #

• ADC
  • 648 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:11 AM

Nice list Dave.  :) Monza10K will be fun, especially with 69s. :gpler:

#4 John Fulk

John Fulk

• ADC
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:40 AM

Nice job Board      :clap:

Looks like a lot of thought  and hard work went into this process.

Should be Interesting and Fun    :gpler:

Good Job,

John

#5 David Fletcher

David Fletcher

ADC Founder

• ADC Admins
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:54 AM

Quoted by Mike:

"Hey maybe when the full 37 miles of the Isle of Man comes out we can bin CF, Solitude and Dundrod and just get out "Long Track" fix at one venue  ....................................... Just joking !!!"

And follow it up with a Big Race at the Targa Floria... :P

And regarding Monza 10K. Surprisingly Oliver, it's even a ton of fun in the 65's. I think we'll enjoy it.

I will say that two of the nicest surprises were Jops, as mentioned earlier, and Albi. Mike Beattie had been pushing me to try it, and once I did I fell in love with it. A blast of a track, and very fast, especially considering it's regarded as an 'F2' venue. I especially enjoy the feel in the first section with it's multiple apexes, similar to the 'Four Corners' section of the Isle of Man. Very nice...

Fletch

#6 Phil Neville

Phil Neville

• ADC
  • 245 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:00 AM

Clermont-Ferrand, Solitude and Dundrod! :clap2:  :clap:....thanks Dave, I knew you wouldn't let us down :)

Thanks to the Board for a good solution to a real 'no win' problem  :bowdown:

#7 Mark Uribe

Mark Uribe

• ADC
  • 859 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:14 AM

Looks like all the debate and deliberation turned out a fine list. :thumbup:

Very happy to see the board truly use the suggestions of the membership. Very nicely done, gentlemen. Props to the Pres. and the Board. :clap3: Harumphf! :clap3: Harumphf! :clap3:

To have Reims, Clermont, Dundrod, Montjuich and a pleasant surprise with '10K' is just awesome. :yahoo:

Thank you for your attention and consideration, and for making the ADC hands down the best place to race online!  :bowdown:

Can't wait to get on some of the new venues. :gpler:

B)

Edited by Mark Uribe, 02 May 2007 - 10:07 AM.

GPL Rank     +35.920
GPL 65v2 Rank     +26.098
GPL 66 Rank     +13.692
GPL 69 Rank     +65.124
GPL GT Rank     +55.942
GPL F2 Rank     +5.256
GPL 69X Rank     +51.527

#8 Pete Aron

Pete Aron

• ADC
  • 563 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:19 PM

I wish I could complain, but I can't :)

I have a request; maybe this isn't the place for it, that when the track is installed into GPL, that somehow the graphic for the track gets put into GEM.

It's impossible for me to talk about the tracks without knowing all the curve names, and I cant type while I'm in GPL.

Am I out to lunch here or what?

thanks!

:)
3rd place Division C Mybroga Season 19 -- Cooper, Constructor's Champions !!
5th place Division B Mybroga Season 20 -- Honda, Constructor's Champions !!
Drivers Champion Division B Mybroga Season 21 - Ferrari 246 Dino 190 points
Division A Driver Mybroga Season 22
Division B Driver Mybroga Season 33 -- Cooper

PL rank = -14.2
GPL66 rank = -8.0
#$%@%ing Nurburgring @%@ :)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 David Fletcher

David Fletcher

ADC Founder

• ADC Admins
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:44 PM

Pete, as long as you're connected to the internet, select from the dropdown in GEM which track you want to run. In the blank space below, point with your mouse and right-click; a box will open asking you if you want to download the picture from the database. Select yes, and it will appear shortly. I hope I'm understanding your request, and this is what you're looking for.

Fletch

#10 Stelvio

Stelvio

• ADC
  • 521 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:58 PM

Great track choices! Kudos to the board for listening & trying to find us all great places to enjoy the racing :thumbup: . I'm glad some of the longer tracks are back.  I've tried the Jops track as well & love the flow and atmosphere of the track. Really fits in well with our sim.  I hope to try it soon with the rest of the club.

Claro
Posted Image
Claro Palma

#11 Pete Aron

Pete Aron

• ADC
  • 563 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:50 PM

Thanks, Fletch, now that I think about it, I seem to remember this function.  I'll let you know if it doesn't work.

thanks, and see you tonight!

(I think I'm gonna have some trouble tonight :)  )
3rd place Division C Mybroga Season 19 -- Cooper, Constructor's Champions !!
5th place Division B Mybroga Season 20 -- Honda, Constructor's Champions !!
Drivers Champion Division B Mybroga Season 21 - Ferrari 246 Dino 190 points
Division A Driver Mybroga Season 22
Division B Driver Mybroga Season 33 -- Cooper

PL rank = -14.2
GPL66 rank = -8.0
#$%@%ing Nurburgring @%@ :)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 David Fletcher

David Fletcher

ADC Founder

• ADC Admins
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:30 PM

As promised, here is an ADC-specific ini file for the new track list. So starting in June, you can use it. Just place the 'adctrack.ini' file in your GPL/Seasons directory, and then from GEM, in the Seasons pulldown, select 'adctrack.ini' and you'll have it.

Fletch

Attached Files

#13 Marc Parker

Marc Parker

• ADC
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:40 AM

I like the looks of this new list :thumbup: Good choices, nice variety.

Can't wait to try Monza 10K and I'm glad Dundrod and Clermont-Ferrand are on the list. :clap:   Can't say as I'm shedding any tears seeing that a couple of the super short variety tracks are missing. :punk:

#14 Jim Carvalho

Jim Carvalho

• ADC
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:43 PM

:clap: Great list of tracks, Board. Thanks for the work in putting this together for us. :clap:

Jim
"The best dividends on the labor invested have invariably come from seeking more knowledge rather than more power." Wilbur and Orville Wright.

#15 Hank Probert

Hank Probert

• ADC
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:14 PM

Nice list indeed :)

Just to clarify: is the version of Dijon-Prenois the 1981 version or the 1973 version?

#16 Syd Drake

Syd Drake

• ADC
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:05 AM

It's the 1981 version.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
Albert Einstein

#17 pigpen81

pigpen81

• ADC
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:35 AM

Which Lime Rock Park are we racing?

#18 David Fletcher

David Fletcher

ADC Founder

• ADC Admins
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:59 AM

This one, PP:

http://gplmz.bcsims....?showtopic=3138

Fletch

#19 Eduardo Gaensly

Eduardo Gaensly

• ADC
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:43 AM

I think that the Zeltweg link, on the track download list is broken, at least now it isn't working.

And I was wondering, maybe we could have a race in the old Interlagos circuit. I know we already have a lot of tracks, but perhaps, in a future change on the track list, this may be a nice addiction since this old track does not exist anymore and has an historical value because it was on this track that the greatest brasillian drivers like Emerson Fittipaldi, Nelson Piquet, José Carlos Pace and probably Ayrton Senna too, learned how to drive.

This is just not a request, is just like, when you read a nice book, you want that other peaople read it too. After a few laps, I started to really like it, so parhaps you ADC gents will like it too.

Here's the link where you can find it:

http://dixierunners....s.net/smogbike/

#20 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:50 AM

I'm petitioning the Board to drop the JOPS circuit.  There are several valid reasons for its exclusion.

1. It's a fantasy track.  That in and of itself is enough to have it ditched when other fine GPL offerings of real-life, historical import could be used which are both challenging and fun to drive.  A few examples:

Aintree
Avus
Bridgehampton
Syracuse

There are lots more, of course.

2. The 'yump'.  @#$%^&*  A total blunder on the part of the GPL track builders/editors.  It introduces a phony element of difficulty and chance that is utterly unacceptable.

I will not participate in any event scheduled for it in future.

Sim Racing Links