Race Video Thread

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rob Janca

Rob Janca

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:42 AM

Anyone is welcome to make race video's! I wasnt that good when i first started, but as i made more and more i got better and better each time, and i learned the program i was using.
I would like to encourage more people to atleast try making a race video, its very fun and enjoyable!
If you have any questions or need help just ask.

Race Video's will be posted here so it is easy to find current and past vid's, without having to search through pages of posts.

Bruce's Zandvoort Video

Bruce's Lemans Video

Bruce's Mid-Ohio Video

Rob's Mid-Ohio Video

Bruce's Sepang Video

Rob's Hidden Valley Video

Rob's Rattlesnake Point Video

Bruce's Spa Video

Rob's Spa Video

Rob's SpeedForce Video

Rob's Misano Video

Rob's Osterichring Video

Rob's Singapore Video

Rob's Shanghai Video

Rob's Watkin's Glen Video

Rob's Miller Motorsports Video

As Always, Comments, Suggestions, and criticism are welcome.

Edited by Rob Janca, 14 September 2009 - 08:49 AM.

EVERY DRIVER SHOULD READ THIS!
http://forums.speedg...showtopic=29154

iRMopars from CSL

PS3 Username: Mighty_mopar

Posted Image

#2 Ryan Mayfield

Ryan Mayfield

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:36 AM

are you going to post the links to each video you have done so far? i am linking people to them so often that this would be a nice convenience ^_^

#3 Rob Janca

Rob Janca

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:01 AM

Ok, Video's are current, and included past one's per Ryan's request ;)

I would like you guys to atleast try making one, its fun and enjoyable in the end :)

Bruce - I couldnt find a link to your Road America Vid anywere.

Sticky this if you would like.

Edited by Rob Janca, 10 September 2009 - 07:11 AM.

iRMopars from CSL

Posted Image

#4 Ryan Mayfield

Ryan Mayfield

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:14 AM

thanks!  :beerchug:

#5 Bob Lee

Bob Lee

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:13 AM

awesome videos Rob...
Posted Image

#6 Mik Mercier

Mik Mercier

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:09 AM

Great vids Rob! Love those on car camera views! :clap:

Edited by Mik Mercier, 15 September 2009 - 08:10 AM.

Lightspeed

#7 Bill Brehm

Bill Brehm

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:58 PM

What do we need to make them?
In order to win you have to be aggressive - with your car, with the racetrack, and with the competition.   But you don't have to be stupid about it.

Carroll Smith

#8 Rob Janca

Rob Janca

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:32 PM

View PostBill Brehm, on Sep 29 2009, 05:58 PM, said:

What do we need to make them?

YAY someone interested :)

Hey Bill,

Recording's-
All video's were "Recorded" from rFactor's Replay Theather mode using Fraps (www.fraps.com). This program allow's you to  record thing's that are on your screen ingame. You can adjust the screen size area of what you want to record, and you have the option of showing the FPS (frames-per-second) so you know the performance your getting.

I did shell out a few $$ for this full program. There is a trial offer you can use which to my knowledge doesnt expire but it does have the website words at the top of the screen that are very small.

There are other programs out there to use aswell, if anyone know of them please post below. Hypercam, Riverview are 2 that i know of.

Movie Editing-

The movie's at the top of the list (first few) were made in Windows Movie Maker, which should come standard on your PC. Pretty basic stuff, very easy to use and no fancy effects.  Im not sure if Bruce only used WMM or another program during his.

Im currently using Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 to edit the video's along with additional software i bought called "Riot Gear".

iRMopars from CSL

Posted Image

#9 Bruce Fisher

Bruce Fisher

• VOR Admins
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:15 AM

I too used Fraps (purchased... like $20) and the free Windows Movie Maker.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Bill Brehm

Bill Brehm

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:23 PM

OK thanks.  I'll check it out.

The Fraps is only for recording, not editing.  Do I use it to record the official replays or do I just let it run while I'm online? I will also need to buy some editing program then, correct?
In order to win you have to be aggressive - with your car, with the racetrack, and with the competition.   But you don't have to be stupid about it.

Carroll Smith

#11 Rob Janca

Rob Janca

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:49 AM

Bill,

Yes Fraps is only the recording program. After a race when Bruce posts the Server Replay and Race Report, you put the Server Replay in your rFactor Replay folder, which goes into the ILMS folder inside it. There are "Hotkey's" you can setup to press to Start/Stop the recording's. Mine are F9, and there is a box that tells you all this info.

On a side note, in rFactor's Control panel, near the bottom you will see about 24 different Camera controls you can use, i can help you with those if you want.

As for the Editing program, Window's Movie Maker is FREE, and should come on your PC, if it doesnt you should be able to download it without paying for it. Again, this is your basic editing software, nothing fancy, and very easy to use.

And when you want to start recording a video, start up Fraps, then start rFactor, go into the Replay and get to the correct time/camera angle's you want then start recording and stop when you have the footage you want. Move the camera's were you want it next, then start again, ect. When your all finished gathering footage you will find all your Video Clips in the Fraps movie folder or were ever you choose to have them go (this is done when you get Fraps). Then import them into Window's Movie Maker and they appear in a Timeline and you can move the clips around, make them in any order you want to. Setup a Title, ending credit's, music ect.

When you are done, upload it to www.sendspace.com and pass the "Download link" to Bruce, he will upload it on the VOR forums for you.

Any questions just ask :)
----------------------

Bruce - You have to render WMM correct? If so do you remember the process? Been awhile since i used it.

iRMopars from CSL

Posted Image

Sim Racing Links