Targa Participant Lineup

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 BurtAugust

BurtAugust

• ADC
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:47 PM

I like a Targa format 2 laps total time, 1 min interval start Shift-Rs allowed with time penalties.

#22 Aljones

Aljones

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:57 PM

View PostMichkov, on 15 July 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

Open the track.ini and change the pitbox setting,
Look for the line
stall_0 = 71359 -27 ;gas station start 62781 8.3
The first number is the longitudinal distance from the start finish line in meters, the second the later from the tracks center line. Everything past the semicolon isn't read by GPL

You need to figure out how far along the lap you want to start and just plug the number into the file. Works for any other place on the track as well, problem is that you can materialize in a wall, nothing a shift-r cant cure.

Looking at the file the "gas station start" may even be at the start of the long straight. Try changing the 71... to the 62.... and see what happens.

Thirded, we had Targa in the championship one year. Bit of a 3 stage rally type event with 3 hotlaps making up the final result. Though I prefer to run the track with the GT cars with others on the track. It doesnt even need to be a points paying race, just an annual fun event would be fine. That way you can open it to the wider GPL community, seeing that we only had 11 runners, there is plenty of space.

thank you for the breakdown Michi !
I agree with you just being a "fun" race, no coin or nothing involve, just paying respect to that monument of track  :yeah:
" Racing is Life, the rest is just .... waiting "

#23 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:09 PM

If Bruce let's us hold the server hostage for a week during the summer break, I'm up to organize it.
I just wanna race

#24 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:17 PM

i'm not against it.
organize it Michi and send me details :)
and remind me next summer break :o
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#25 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The Answer Man

• VOR Admins
  • 4,564 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 10:34 AM

Not much to say about my effort here. I've done better laps in the past.

On the first lap I had two spins, one of which left me stuck, so I had to use a reset. Then I blew my engine for my second reset. I tried a second lap but after some errors, I gave up.

As grim as that sounds, I really enjoy Targa and constantly marvel at the effort that the track makers put into it. Someday I'll hopefully learn most of it before Alzheimer's set in.
Bob Simpson
VOR GPL Race Series Manager

Sim Racing Links