Useful Links For Mods, Patches And Utilities

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hondaman

Hondaman

• Validating
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:17 PM

In order to clean up this forum because maybe there were too many stickies, we decided to create this thread that contains links to our most useful threads that used to be stickies.

We hope this will make the forum easier to read.

So if you're having problems with GPL, here's where you can start looking.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Threads about getting GPL to work

List of all available mods and patches: http://gpltd.bcsims.com/?ir=Mods

Setting Up Gem+ For Online Racing: Help to get you started

'66mod - Installing Advice

Gpl Latest Patches: 65mod, 66mod, 69mod, Pribluda, etc.

60fps Patch Released: smoother frame rates

Other useful threads

Setups - Advice And Sharing

The Rules: A reminder

Tracks With Freezing Problems (Not suitable for online racing)

Times Around The World: Time convertor for 8:30 Central US time

Gpl Manuals, In Case You Don't Have Them: GPL Game manual and "Four-Wheel Drift"

Instructions To Get "Teamspeak" Working (voice chat)
Richard

Posted Image

#2 Brian Harlow

Brian Harlow

Brian Harlow

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:28 PM

Excellent idea, Richard! Thanks.
Brian Harlow

#3 Brian Harlow

Brian Harlow

Brian Harlow

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:01 PM

Could you put in advice on how to install a Setup? In GPL it shows a folder that says "Setups". Then you have "Players/XXXX65/66/69 Setups". So if you D/L a Setup for, say, a 65Ferrari to drive at Brands Hatch, where do you install the Setup icon? In the "Setups" folder, or the "Player/XXXXX65/Setups/Brands", and the "Setups" folder in GPL? Or just the Player65/66/69/Setups Folder? It's very confusing for a newby. I have Setups floating all over the place and can never find the one I want!
Brian Harlow

#4 Hondaman

Hondaman

• Validating
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:22 PM

View PostBrian Harlow, on Oct 3 2009, 10:01 PM, said:

Could you put in advice on how to install a Setup? In GPL it shows a folder that says "Setups". Then you have "Players/XXXX65/66/69 Setups". So if you D/L a Setup for, say, a 65Ferrari to drive at Brands Hatch, where do you install the Setup icon? In the "Setups" folder, or the "Player/XXXXX65/Setups/Brands", and the "Setups" folder in GPL? Or just the Player65/66/69/Setups Folder? It's very confusing for a newby. I have Setups floating all over the place and can never find the one I want!

Just in "Player/XXXXX65/Setups/Brands".

Please read this post: http://forums.speedg...s...st&p=330288
Richard

Posted Image

#5 Greg Munch

Greg Munch

• ADC
  • 568 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:51 PM

I'm trying to setup a G27 wheel. I can't get GPL to 'see' buttons on wheel and associate it with GPLoMe chat? Or, an alternate, does anyone know how to assign GplShift chat to red buttons on the wheel?

Thanks
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Brian Harlow

Brian Harlow

Brian Harlow

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:54 PM

View PostGreg Munch, on 12 March 2011 - 05:51 PM, said:

I'm trying to setup a G27 wheel. I can't get GPL to 'see' buttons on wheel and associate it with GPLoMe chat? Or, an alternate, does anyone know how to assign GplShift chat to red buttons on the wheel?

Thanks
Greg, I can tell you how to use the wheel buttons to talk on Teamspeak 3, but for using it to Chat by typing the words I can't tell you. Do you have a headset with Microphone?
Brian Harlow

#7 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The Answer Man

• VOR Admins
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:26 PM

Greg, I think that GPLOMe can only recognize keyboard keys.  The way around this is to use the G27 profiler to assign one of the wheel buttons to a keyboard key.  I haven't done it in a while, but I think that you left click on the text "Button x" in the profiler, select "Assign a keystroke" > "New keystroke" and record the keystroke.  You can also assign a combination of keys like shift R.

So after you assign the keystroke to a button, you can use that keystroke as an assigned slot in GPLOMe.

GPLShift will only do the text that is in the GPLShift.ini.  So you should be able to assign PO, PI, Sorry and No Problem, but I don't think those messages are editable.  For that, set

[ GPL BUTTONS ]---
CountingButtonsFromOne = 1

and use the red wheel button number that you see in the profiler.
Bob Simpson
VOR GPL Race Series Manager

Sim Racing Links