106 replies to this topic

#101 scottcalif

scottcalif

Scott Arrington

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:08 PM

View Poststevie, on Jan 5 2010, 12:22 AM, said:

You didn't need to worry, I was trying to unlap myself! I'd messed up pushing as hard as possible (or harder than possible...), thinking you weren't going to stop and and made a mess of my rear end so had to pit and fix it. Then I saw you pitting and almost stopped to face palm myself. :rolleyes: Fun stuff as ever Scott. I've definitely come to the conclusion I prefer to chase you than be inches in front. :lol:

I have the scoring board that shows 1st through 5th on my screen and it showed you in 2nd place I thought,so when you tried to outbrake me in turn 3 I had just put on new tires and didn"t realize yet that my brakes were almost completely gone.But yeah definately, it"s fun stuff racing with you,without Wyatt and Paul to chase around I"m glad that you and Jon have decided to race more over here,should be a great season coming up lets just all be really honest and help get these cars as equal as we can so we don"t have too many updates throughout the season.

Scott
Posted Image

#102 Pawel Korbel

Pawel Korbel

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:21 PM

View PostPaul Danrich, on Jan 5 2010, 02:06 PM, said:

Have 1 car we test and get all the bugs worked out for each class, like we did with the GTC.  Once we get it about perfect, then change the bodies and engine sounds to reflect all the cars in the series.  The variation in the cars will come from front/rear weight, where a front engine car can have no more weight towards the back than 50%, mid/rear engine no more weight than 50% towards the front.  Then change the RPM and torque power bands to reflect the real cars, so you'll have higher revs on some, lower revs on others, but every car would have same horspower, weight, tire grip, and aerodynamics.  I think there still would some variation in the cars and which tracks they will be better at, but maybe not as much as we're hoping for.  Just an idea to get all the cars more equal and maybe for some better racing where nobody feels the other guy has a huge advantage with a different car.

Exactly my thoughts Paul.  Paul's method would be the fastest with less work adjusting all cars every time and  fewer updates.
Sorry, couldn't join testing, life's thrown few projects at me, not much time for anything atm.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#103 john jogan

john jogan

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:48 PM

as for the race, it seemed all the cars, with the exception of the vette, we're pretty close to the same pace.  what paul said is right, you gotta use your throttle foot under braking to get the 430 and beemer to turn.  i'm not sure if there's any "right foot brakers" out here, but i can imagine they'd have their hands full with these two cars.  the racing was close and the draft seemed to be much improved.  all that's left is to adjust the fuel mileage on the viper, vette and the aston (maybe?) and then we can turn our attention to the vette. change whatever needs to be tweaked to the brakes so the temps and wear are understandable.  then we can slap the new bodies on the beemer and aston and get to racing!  i'm sure when the mod's done, they'll release the readme info that will tell us what ballpark the tire/brake/engine temps should be.  i know the tires optimal operating range are lower than last version.  

as far as the "one chassis for all" concept....i seriously doubt that will happen.  how can we ask the mod makers to just toss out months/years of their work?  

oh, one thing i noticed.  a few posts someone asked where the fuel tank was located 'cause once the gas started going down, the car became loose.  i agree.  in the beemer, after about 9 or 10 laps, the back end got real loose.  it finally settled down after about 4 laps, but it took me by surprise.
Posted Image                     practice, fool

#104 Rick Adams

Rick Adams

I gotta turn right?

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

From a post Bruce made a while back.

Tire Temps

The tires have a new optimum temp range (based on Michelin Tire Guide numbers a little):

Hards - 97.75C (207.95 F)
Meds - 97.25C (207.05 F)
Softs - 96.75C (206.15 F)

#105 tomas

tomas

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:chemistry<br />SIM racing - rFactor + SIDLM!<br />music - progressive rock<br />vinyl's<br />keyboards - synthesisers + hammonds<br />web design - Fl + Fw + Dw + PS<br />FSX<br />basketball

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:58 PM

View PostRick Adams, on Jan 5 2010, 10:10 PM, said:

Hards - 97.75C (207.95 F)
Meds - 97.25C (207.05 F)
Softs - 96.75C (206.15 F)

That's opposite of the tyres in v2.65....Hard & Med tyres had a lower opt range than Qualy tyres....
VOR Driver, Tomas Manrique

#106 James Walker

James Walker

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:30 PM

Didn't have much time to practice any of the cars other than the Porsche, so that's why i chose it.

Fluffed the start then ran wide at Turn 2 sending me to the back of the pack.  Gradually worked my way back up though most of the time it was due to others mistakes/retirements.  Every time I spun I became a magnet for others to hit me!

Brakes wear was 2.58/2.61cm Front, 2.88cm Rear.  Ran ducts of 6, bias of 52:48.

Like to look of the new site!

James
Please support the loyal workers of Johnnie Walkers Whisky in Kilmarnock & sign the petition

http://www.keepjohnn...nkilmarnock.com

Posted Image

#107 TimCollier

TimCollier

Champion Motorsports

• VOR Admins
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:03 AM

View PostPaul Danrich, on Jan 5 2010, 02:06 PM, said:

Here's another idea I have but not sure if it's welcome, especially after all the work that's gone into this mod.

Have 1 car we test and get all the bugs worked out for each class, like we did with the GTC.  Once we get it about perfect, then change the bodies and engine sounds to reflect all the cars in the series.  The variation in the cars will come from front/rear weight, where a front engine car can have no more weight towards the back than 50%, mid/rear engine no more weight than 50% towards the front.  Then change the RPM and torque power bands to reflect the real cars, so you'll have higher revs on some, lower revs on others, but every car would have same horspower, weight, tire grip, and aerodynamics.  I think there still would some variation in the cars and which tracks they will be better at, but maybe not as much as we're hoping for.  Just an idea to get all the cars more equal and maybe for some better racing where nobody feels the other guy has a huge advantage with a different car.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's preferred to keep the process and cars the way they are...especially as we're out of time for testing.  Besides, no one wants a spec series.
Tim Collier - Champion Motorsports

Co-Developer ILMS 2010 Mod

Sim Racing Links