Clearing Up An Unclear Point

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:59 PM

As everyone knows, respect is the #1 foundation rule of oAo. So with regard to that, in the past the understanding has been if you have an incident, and find yourself in an untenable position on track or slightly off track, that the idea was to <esc> out .. of that position and the race in total.

i've been in some races of late, where not escaping immediately has caused another car to become involved. well... i've given this some thought, and i feel that altho its a nice gesture, it is unrealistic to do this.

a car spins, and there should be 'yellows' waving. Yellows tell you to be cautious. That is your responsibility. Hopefully the yellows will be present at all our circuits, but that isn't always true.

in any case, in the real world, there are times a disabled cars will collect someone that is still racing. and that is racing luck. It takes a while to clear a disabled car off track, or even at the side.

So if you find yourself in such a position, this season it will not be required for you to take yourself out of a race if there is a chance for you to get back into the  competition. JUST DO IT SAFELY. That still is a RULE and still will be judged accordingly.

thx
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#2 Carey Barnett

Carey Barnett

• GPLVOR
  • 917 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:08 PM

Nice, Bo.  I like that, and agree.
I'm willing to put up with you, if you're willing to put up with me.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do ;-)

#3 Claudio Pablo Navonne

Claudio Pablo Navonne

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:41 PM

:clap: Good point Bo, I agree.
Claudio.
Member of AtlasF1 GPL/NR2003/Mods/etc.

#4 Sadik

Sadik

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

Speaking of unclear points and my ignorance......... would someone please explain:

"HOT"    "PINNED"   and "STICKY"  topics or posts.

Thanks

#5 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

Hot=after a certain number of views... don't know what that level is - probably something the Admin sets
Pinned, is just to keep a topic at the Top of the list within that section
Sticky,  hmmm i'm going to have to guess on this, that its another way of saying 'pin'  to keep it topped.

otherwise, messages /  posts... sink down and eventually offscreen as newer posts are added.
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

Sim Racing Links