hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#2 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:28 PM

The consummate supremo, is he not?  Makes it look so easy.  Grats, Rob!  :)

Well done to all and cya for S22!

#3 Claudio Pablo Navonne

Claudio Pablo Navonne

• Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:47 PM

Congrats Robert!!!
Member of AtlasF1 GPL/NR2003/Mods/etc.

#4 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The Answer Man

• VOR Admins
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:58 PM

Joy is doing your best! Congrats!
Bob Simpson
VOR GPL Race Series Manager

#5 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:09 AM

Congratulations Rob
I just wanna race

#6 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

• Members
  • 2,083 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:32 AM

Thanks guys!

After I got a screenfreeze in the penultimate lap at Brno49 and made a terminal mistake early on at AintreeR, I didn't expect to be able to become D1 driver champion again. Iestyn had gained 21 pts there. But after that I ran almost perfect, and that's what was needed to clinch it this year. Iestyn missed the Monza race and that might have been my biggest luck.

Arguably I ran even a better season than last year, but the handicap system made it real hard for me, and the team. I had my moments, a 360 spin at the season opener at Adelaide; losing the car at Montjuic into the armco. Recovering but running into Tristan who had a halfspin and then falling back with an ill car and eventually getting a screenfreeze. As said the screenfreeze at Brno49, and my early mistake at AintreeR.

At Interlagos I ran one of my best races, after passing Roy for the lead. Whole race chasing Michi at Tandil, great to see a G5 driver taking a win by his own strength. Chasing Michiel at Schottenring, where Michiel sadly spun out. Chasing Iestyn at Zeltweg, no chance for me with Iestyn in Lotus, but it was a real hard driven race by me. At Monza went off at Para early race, but was able to recover from that. For the rest most wins were rather uneventful, apart from the incidental pass for the lead. I was really lucky on the mechanical side, as well keeping it on the track, and avoiding contacts with others.

Right now I've won in all cars but for BRM and Honda, so there lies another challenge. Also I'd like to be more in the mix, then again I have to make sure scoring points for the team as well. This season I made a step using the Cooper and Brabham and getting away with it, and I hope to be able to do more of that next season.

Thanks to Iestyn giving me a good fight for the drivers championship. Michael as well despite fading a bit late season. It must be noted Michael has trouble running system demanding tracks, he would have been up there normally. It's a testament to the handicap system that in potential many could become champions, as long they keep their finishing rate up. Also we still had 5 different race winners. Dominating races isn't too much fun, but sometimes it's also hard to anticipate what cars will be used by the opposition.

I'm extremely thankful being able to share my passion for GPL/online racing here at oAo. I just want to be one of the drivers on the grid. Without other drivers I am nothing. Many thanks to my teammates Enrique, Ronnie and Mick for the support and the camaraderie. It's been a blast (so far). Now we're supporting the D2 drivers for their last 2 races. There's still something to race for ;)

Thank you oAo! :)

Edited by Robert Fleurke, 11 November 2018 - 07:35 AM.

#7 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:37 AM

Rob, in the season before this when you picked Niky and me to be your team's ace D2 drivers I recall telling you, "I've never been on a team where our D1 guy didn't win the championship. So as your attorney, I advise you to follow my lead here and we'll get you that trophy." And indeed you did win your first crown. But today's win proves that you can even do it without my help, so I have to tip my hat (or helmet) to you in sincere congratulations.  :)

#8 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:25 AM

Bah! It's all smoke and mirrors.
oAo - Heavy Metal Racing - Division1, group4

#9 snafu

snafu

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
  • Interests:GPL
    F2B (Control Line aerobatic model aircraft).
    Motorcycles
    Crown Green bowling

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:29 PM

Congratulations Rob,  A worthy champion indeed, One thing I could bet my house on is when I dropped onto the server leading up to the D1 race the chances were you would be there, circulating with an annoying metronomic consistancy (Several seconds faster than I can only dream of). Never taking anything for granted and always willing to offer advice.

A credit to oAo.

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable. Choose any 2.

Beat it to fit, paint it to match..

1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced.
Look closely at 3 of your closest friends. If they seem OK it's probably you.

#10 efarina

efarina

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, and womans. obviusly money.

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:28 PM

congrats, teammy, you are a amazing driver, one of the best I've ever seen., and is a honor enjoy that races in the same team, I need to learn to much the "driving style" in gpl for tring to turn me in "alien", but I dont think so,,hehehehe
   next year i'm in again in this great team and this fabulous league:
  thanks Bo for your hard work:
  and cheers everybody it's time to party......
:disco:
Posted Image[img

#11 Ed_Cullen

Ed_Cullen

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 12:58 PM

Congrats Rob on your 2nd Championship
Your affords and hard work has paid off !

Not a bad bloke ether :bowdown:

Sim Racing Links