Mike Bennett

• GPLVOR
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:46 PM

No Rick...

one member that is too lazy
...that's classy.

You have no plucking idea.

Edited by Mike Bennett, 17 August 2009 - 03:40 PM.

#42 Rick Adams

Rick Adams

I gotta turn right?

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:57 PM

View PostMike Bennett, on Aug 16 2009, 08:46 PM, said:

No Rick......that's classy.

You have no fucking idea.

also read as: guy who loathes practicing

In any case you got your fixed setup. Enjoy your race.

#43 Leo Menegucci

Leo Menegucci

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:54 PM

I'm up for monday.

#44 Wyatt Gooden

Wyatt Gooden

• Mybroga
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:50 PM

hahaha true dat Rick... trueeee dat!
Race drivers exist in a world that is measured in fractions of seconds...decisions that could be the difference between life and death, are made in the blink of an eye...you do not allow yourself to be held to ransom by emotions, especially fear.

#45 Wyatt Gooden

Wyatt Gooden

• Mybroga
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:00 AM

View Postkruvas, on Aug 15 2009, 05:23 PM, said:

and also we need (with murad) to test our game 4 mismatch. where it can be done?
ps: Wyatt Gooden - remember me? ;)

Heya dude! Bummer I didn't get to race Spa with you guys last time after all you helped me out with trying to get everything setup. I've been trying to get up to speed with iracing lately, but I will make it a point to be there tommorow night!

Also as for the track download, umm it's in the first post I would think. You should be good to go after that. You MIGHT need a new install of the mod because I remember getting a mismatch after having some of the OWRL stuff installed? Server should be called "VOR Open Wheel" and the pass is up a few posts.

Edited by Wyatt Gooden, 17 August 2009 - 12:01 AM.

Race drivers exist in a world that is measured in fractions of seconds...decisions that could be the difference between life and death, are made in the blink of an eye...you do not allow yourself to be held to ransom by emotions, especially fear.

#46 scottcalif

scottcalif

Scott Arrington

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:37 AM

View PostMike Bennett, on Aug 16 2009, 08:46 PM, said:

No Rick......that's classy.

You have no fucking idea.

TJ you need to get rid of this guy,theres no excuse for this kind of language on the forums, if Mike can"t post responses in here without dropping the F bomb then he needs to go.And yes Mike the fixed setup Idea of yours won"t change a thing and yes we don"t like it.Just like you were against either me,Wyatt or Pawel making a fixed setup for everyone because it wouldn"t suit your style, the same can be said for the default setup.If you guys want fixed setups go drive the VW beetle mod,this is F1,the bigtime,makes absolutely no sense running fast cars with default setups.

Scott
Posted Image

#47 Bruce Fisher

Bruce Fisher

• VOR Admins
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:52 PM

keep it clean guys.  There is nothing wrong with disagreeing... just keep it professional and respectable.

I have no stake in this argument, and hadn't even been following this until another member brought it to my attention...  but my understanding is this is testing.  If TJ (running the series) wants to test fixed setups, then it's his call.  He may ask for feedback and may try some options to help get it ready for an upcoming season.  If the decision is made that fixed setups won't work - then that's the decision.  If the decision is to try it - then that's the decision.  Feel free to voice your opinions (in a respectable way) but it's TJ's call.  Whether 1 person or 20 people wanted to try fixed setups is irrelevant...

No reason for name calling and fighting.  Activities like this are what rip a league apart real quick...  Don't make me put you in time-out  ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 TJ Halsema

TJ Halsema

• VOR Open Wheel Series Admins
  • 361 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:58 PM

Oh wow, yeah guys lets not be swearing at each other. As for the Default, this is purely to show it cant be done and it wont suit people and it will be different from this race forward. Because this isn't an official season yet..... I'm taking this time to explore our possibilities so we can have more fun in the end.

Remember fellas, we are all here to have fun. No money is won or lost. I told the same thing to someone in the ERL race Saturday who was complaining. So I'll tell you guys.

When I was racing legends cars I was WRECKED out of the race event during the practice session. For a bump pass I performed on the kid a week earlier, this bump pass allowed be to finish 6th, not 1st. After I had put my wadded up car back in the trailer. I saw that he was up on the grid waiting to roll out for our Feature race in a BACK-UP. Needless to say, he had the money and I didn't. I think after the summer was over I had blown through $15,000 for repairs. I raced there for fun, and it cost me money.

Now I'm here where we have the taste for racing, but get to do it thankfully for free. Fights will never fix anything just make racing here for tense, because you don't know what the person you are in a fight with is going to do when you are around them on track. There are greater challenges in life to worry about, so lets not make this one of them.

TJ
Posted Image
“To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one’s ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone.”

– Bruce McLaren

#49 Mike Bennett

Mike Bennett

• GPLVOR
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:57 PM

Actually...I'm pretty sure I wasn't the guy who brought up fixed setups in the first place, I only added some more input.  I guess that's not welcome...despite it being asked for.  I'm flattered you all think all this is being done just for me...but get your facts straight.  

As far as me being lazy...well...not liking practice has nothing to do with being lazy.  Anyway, as said...you have no idea what you're talking about so perhaps you shouldn't be pointing fingers and name calling?  I'm going to react to that as I'm sure you would Rick.  As far as your buddies coming to back you up...maybe they should mind their business...oh but when you post your insults publicly I guess it becomes everyones business?

To be honest, I'll be more than happy to go...just say the word, but I'd like you to remember whos insults started the affair.

#50 Rob Janca

Rob Janca

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

View PostMike Bennett, on Aug 17 2009, 02:57 PM, said:

As far as your buddies coming to back you up...maybe they should mind their business...oh but when you post your insults publicly I guess it becomes everyones business?

Hey Mike, last night you popped in the VOR server, laughed, then left. I wasnt sure at all what that was all about, but then i read these posts, and thought you laughed because Rick, Scott and I were in there, Rick was with his "buddies" is why u laughed? Im not sure why you did, and i dont think you have an issue with me "yet", but like other's have said, keep your verbal abuse to PM's or keep it to your self, we dont need to see them.

As for the setup deal, thats up to TJ and he's doing his best to come up with a solution that best suits everyone.
EVERY DRIVER SHOULD READ THIS!
http://forums.speedg...showtopic=29154

iRMopars from CSL

PS3 Username: Mighty_mopar

Posted Image

#51 Mike Bennett

Mike Bennett

• GPLVOR
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:01 PM

Nope doesn't concern you Rob.  Thanks for the advice.

#52 TJ Halsema

TJ Halsema

• VOR Open Wheel Series Admins
  • 361 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:14 PM

Ok, fuel settings: The original fuel settings is what the default is. That can't be changed in time for the race...that being said the Pit stops are open, you can put as much fuel as you want during your 1st, 2nd stops etc. Just be on the lookout during the stops since all of us will have to stop in the first 5-6 laps.

TJ
Posted Image
“To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one’s ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone.”

– Bruce McLaren

#53 Mike Bennett

Mike Bennett

• GPLVOR
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:26 PM

Apologies to the membership for the language earlier.

#54 kruvas

kruvas

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:52 PM

I'm a stupid he-he. while has set up brake pressure, fuel pitstop and steering lock - not enough time to reach the start. remove formation lap - was a bad idea )))
if I not start from the boxes on a cold tires, I think it could come in higher.
for 2-3 hours of training I think a successful racing
very pleased with correctness - thanks, guys ( and girls :) )
fight with you, it was nice.
sorry for mistakes in above - my english very bad

Sim Racing Links