Monjuich

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BurtAugust

BurtAugust

• ADC
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:05 PM

Wanted to post about my race.  Too bad about the stability issues its a fun and very pretty track.

I had a misconception during the early laps that Tomy was in back of me in the BRM.  Since I was more than a second slower in qualifying I was really surprised  when a BRM caught and started pressuring me and I was determined to try and hold 11th place.  I think it took 12 laps or more until i went wide at Roselda that he got past.  Only after the race did I find out it was Alex not Tomy in the BRM.  That explains how he left me for dead after he got past.

Congrats to all who didn't crash out and particularly to those who lapped me so effectively..  Great win for Roy and commiserations to those including my teammate Ies who lost positions due to the major disco.

#2 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

• Members
  • 2,416 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:25 AM

Good job Burt, glad you (and Roy) were able to get by me being unsighted after T2, after my cock-up. That could have ended in tears, had to really restrain myself not reversing. Also you're always one of the most aware and easiest to lap. :thumbs:

I'm happy how I dealt with being twice a hazard on the track, however suffered severe damage recovering the first time, kind of panicking trying to stay in front of Tristan and Yannick. This explained why I lost some pace and had a hard time getting by Tristan, apart from the connection. Also everyone did a good job getting by me the second time, particularly Michael. At that point was on the racing line and wanted to reverse. But always, when traffic comes up, you simply have to halt. If the spinning car in front is moving left or right just aim for it and it will be out of the way when you arrive. However it's not always easy to anticipate the right way, Tristan was just in front and spun out of the corner just when I was accelerating, there was simply nowhere to go for me. Also Yannick had nowhere to go.

And it was great to see Roy getting a break for once. Hoping to have some good fights with Roy, Michiel among others the rest of the season.
It's good there are fights and close competition throughout the field. I will continue to try to take slower cars, but also have to keep in mind to score enough teampoints (and yes, driver points as well).

Doni was very unlucky not being able to start even...Francois did an admirable job being aware, and deserved a finish. I tried to use him as a pick to pass Tristan, but it didn't work out. I think he will have more fun in D2 arguably, with all due respect.
Well, my socks and shoes always match, is it luck?

Sim Racing Links