Jim Clark Memorial Race

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Michiel Pompert

Michiel Pompert

• oAo
  • 339 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:39 PM

Well done Yannick! Good job driving it home, saw the video, hairy moments but those are inevitable at Monaco. Only need to look at the lap 1 mess! I hope it is spared for us in D2, with a bit of luck :)

For me pace came quickly before the Qually, and felt if getting chicane right a mid 27 was easily possible. I never really got the cleanest of laps in but my last effort was enough for a 27 with a good chicane run but less effective earlier part of the lap and last corner. I saw in sectors that lower 27 was on the cards but what can you do with so little time :)

The race was another disappointment, seeing the melee starting to unfold I did a Bandini myself which in fact helped to slow down a lot to try and then carefully roll through but the mess was too big and clipped Roy's Lotus and ended up on the head...a bit too much bad luck so far this season and hope to break through it in the next couple races. Onwards to Sachsenring, the last GPL track I really really hotlapped like in the old days. The BRM PB I drove was an overall WR for over a week after track release, and still stands as BRM WR. I hope to beat it in the Cooper, or maybe I will return to the tank depending on funds after D2.

No worries Roy, this stuff can happen easily and you did well on your comeback drive to the podium! Commiserations to Rob who had it in the bag earlier and the unfortunate collision victims here.
Graham Hill: "I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, the car is my brush."

#22 MGL66

MGL66

• Members
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:57 PM

View PostMichiel Pompert, on 10 April 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

Onwards to Sachsenring, the last GPL track I really really hotlapped like in the old days. The BRM PB I drove was an overall WR for over a week after track release, and still stands as BRM WR.
That BRM lap will forever remain in my replay folder. It is breathtaking.

Michael

Edited by MGL66, 10 April 2019 - 01:58 PM.

Sim Racing Links