#1 lukewarm54

lukewarm54

Eric Schappach

• GPLVOR
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Mt biking, Skiing, Kayaking,Gardening,
    DIY Bike Lights, Oh yeah-computer Sims!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:14 PM

First let me tell everyone how much I hate this place-never liked it, too constricted.
I didn't do too much practice here but found a decent setup.
Qualified P4- shocked :banana:
Green light went and tucked in behind Larry and Leo.
They slowly puled away as I thought and found myself running P3 but alone.
I noticed Adnan a ways back and just kept him in check as much as I could, leaving the gap at about 5-6 seconds.
Slowly he worked his way forward, I wanted to finish and wasn't going to throw a good finish away.
Eventually he found himself on my tail-it took him about 20 laps but he found me.
We dueled for quite a few laps and traded places a few times. Eventually going threw the essses I think I bumped him from behind and spun myself.
That was the only place i could make up some ground on him.
I looped it but kept going, trying to claw my way back to P2.
With 2 laps to go I had a quick spin and just settled for P3.

Not a bad season overall.
I did somehow manage to find some extra speed and had some fantastic wheel to wheel racing this season and it was for some good positions.
Overall I'm very pleased with the season and look forward to running with you guys again.
Thanks to CA, Adnan , Joseph and a few others who kept a smile on my face and didn't make contact while fighting for position.
Eric Schappach

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"; Mario Andretti

Team Lotus, Season 6

Posted Image

#2 Track Marshal#1

Track Marshal#1

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:18 PM

Race replay and xml files.

Attached Files

#3 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:21 PM

Congrats Larry for the win and the championship! And Addie and Eric for their first podiums! :clap:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#4 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:41 PM

Well I actually finished a race. I had a good start and picked up a spot or 2 by the end of the first lap. I then was behind Ha for the whole race. I would close in under braking and he would pull away in the twisty bits. About 15 laps in Daniel was on my rear. It was tough but fun trying to keep Daniel behind me while staying close to Ha. A couple of times I caught Daniel off guard with my braking points but no collisions. At one point Daniel made a passing attempt at the end of the front straight. I saw him coming in very hot so I let him go and he ended up collected Ha. Ha continued but I do not know what happened to Daniel after that. Towards the end of the race I was closing in on Ha. He made a mistake at the end of the front straight and I tried to avoid hitting him but I couldn't. The front end of my car was not the same after that. A well earned 5th spot. No unforced errors on my part. Larry lapped me with about 10 to go. So all in all it was a very good race. Fuel settings were bang on. Thanks for the fun tonight gents. Onto Season 7.

Congrats to Larry, Adnan and Eric.

Edited by Phil Ashio, 26 March 2009 - 08:42 PM.

It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

#5 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

well Done Larry and to all those that made the season possible. sad that attendance dropped off so drastic from one race to the next. not sure why or what all was happening but a shame after the strong start of season.

my race was typical. started ok but got passed by 2 cars immediately off the green, i  got sloppy and had a couple early spins, then settled down to chip away at the laps. moved up through attrition. couldn't gain at all on the car ahead (Craig) so it was just do the laps for me. lapped only once, was nice (expected 2)  and ended up p7 which is about where i'll end up for the season.. imagine that~  typical.  it was enjoyable but at the same time a lot of work.

so on that note, i'll have to say i was relieved when the race/season ended.  rFactor may be what many looked to to replace GPL, but i for one, still prefer GPL, and with all the time it takes for  me to prepare for an MRC race, my GPL skills (limited anyway) was taking a beating, not getting to practice as much.

it is for that reason, that i will take at least a time out from rF. regardless of what mod you fine gentlemen decide to go with for the next season. right now, i want to concentrate totally on my own league and GPL.

its a pleasure knowing each and everyone of you - i hope to keep in touch, i hope you will also (oAo is always looking for new / used talent)  ;)

enjoy racing -  enjoy the coming F1 season !  
see you around~

bo
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#6 Kimmo

Kimmo

• Mybroga
  • 485 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:28 PM

:( Just woke up, I hope you lot had a good race. Congrats Larry!

#7 pflores

pflores

• Mybroga
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:32 PM

damn shutdown...

Energy came just a few minutes ago...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 James Sikora

James Sikora

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:31 AM

Fun race for me...while it lasted. Unfortunately, I inflicted some damage to my car in a couple of offs. The accumulation took its toll and I had to park the car about 20 laps into the race. :(

Thanks for all the hard work the admins put into this league...very much appreciated!! :beerchug:

Jim Sikora :gpler:
Posted Image

#9 C.Ascari

C.Ascari

S1-S3 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Administrators
  • 7,001 posts
  • Interests:Kicking everyones ass in a race.

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:45 AM

Congrats to Larry on the win and Championship !

I set out to at least get some kind of updated page on the website today, but my youngest (4yr boy ) is home with a virus of some kind and kind of taken all my PC time away from me   :)

It was a shame to see the numbers drop off so badly, and I'm not sure where everyone stands as far as participating in another season. I know I'm definately not running in another one just yet, but I can still take care of standings and the website if we decide to continue in some fashion.

Maybe a good break is needed, I don't know.

For now, way to go Larry ! Your a hell of a driver and member to have in this league !
Who Said : "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day, teach a man to feed a fish and round round we go !"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MRC GPC79 HOMEPAGE
SEASON 6 STANDINGS
MRC GPC79 LIVE TIMING
MRC GPC79 HOTLAPS

C.Ascari rFRacing License

Posted Image

#10 Gunny

Gunny

S2 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• GPLVOR
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:40 AM

Nice season Larry! Great championship run.
Gabriel, Wow your getting fast man!

Things just didn't work out for me these last two week and I couldn't make the races (work last week, tiger scout meeting with my boy last night)
Anyhow it was a good season and I was pretty happy just to run  when I could.

I'm just going to throw this out.
The weather is starting to get nice, maybe a fun league for the summer.
We can get put together a series of fun races to check out a few different mods.
My suggestion would be to get 3 or 4 mods and run 3 races with each mod. This would be purly for fun, no official points, ect.. ect.. thats not to say someone could have a unofficial tally sheet.

So if there are any other suggestions I'm game for anything. I think we should start another thread for this.

Again
Thanks to everyone who participated this season! I had alot of fun.

Thanks
Gunny

#11 Dom77

Dom77

Ascari's right hand man !

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:54 AM

Congrats larry again on winning the championship hopefully more guys can challenge you next season :) Thanks for CA & Gunny for keeping this league up and running! Also the new guys that chipped in as well in CA absence.

I be back for the next season just was busy sightseeing this week whos on holiday here.
Typing using the COLEMAK Keyboard Layout!

COLOSTRUM - Is the "immune milk" Supercharged with 97 immune factors and 87 growth factors. Colostrum is 3 times more effective than tamiflu.
VITAMIN D3 - Avoiding getting the colds/flu 1,000 IU per 25 lbs of bodyweight http://www.iherb.com/Vitamin-D                    
REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL
Workouts from Gym Jones, the guys that trained the actors from 300 movie Save the Boobies!! Detect Breast Cancer Sooner!
                        Jack Lalanne Face Workout! How To Poop Properly! Pooping 2.0

#12 Gintonika

Gintonika

S6 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Mybroga
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:53 PM

Congrats Larry !!!!!

You deserve it man, you are the best of us!!!!  :bowdown: :bowdown:  
And with an Alfa, what a performance.

I've came to the track without practice, but already had a setup from the previous failed event.

Tried to keep it smooth behind Phil, but my PC is infected with some kind of worm and CSRSS.EXE file was putting some overhead on my CPU every 5 seconds, and all became jerky and stuttered.

When I've failed at the overtake and almost ruined Ha Maha race, I've decided to drive back to the pits to avoid hurt anyone.

I'm in for the fun races
Should we try some other mod for these?
Daniel Gomez
VOR Viper SRT-10 #530 (Art Design: Jake W.) THX!!
VOR Dome LMP2  #530
Mybroga '79 - Back in the champ winning #5 Brabham BT49, moahahaha!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 pflores

pflores

• Mybroga
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:59 PM

Larry, you know. I don't have to say anything because you know what i think.

Congrats ;).
Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:30 PM

I am still in for races with you guys. The TCL is an awesome mod.
It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

#15 Adnan Dizdarevic

Adnan Dizdarevic

• Mybroga
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:29 PM

Well, living in a world that takes my hobby as a stupid video gaming, mid life crisys, blah, blah, blah... you will have to take it:

YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA!!!!

My first podium in MRC. :band1:  :disco:  :trink4:  

Did not had too much time for practice this week. Just took old ring set up, took out some oversteer out of it and drove some laps on full fuel Tuesday night.
Was happy to be 3rd in qualy and sad that not many guys showed up. After start I lost one position and was wondering if I can keep Ha behind in first laps until tyres get to temps and fuel get lile down. That worked well, at the same time I was able to keep in touch with Eric. I noticed that I could make some time on him in first sector and in first half of second sector. To keep up in esses was a real challange with renault. It took a long time but I was able to eliminate his advantage of 5-6 sec and fight for 2nd was fantastic. We have switched position few times. I could not really relax even after Eric first spin and started to belive that I can take 2nd place only in 2 laps before end when Eric had a 2nd spin. We had some close drivies this season Eric and each one was great fun as in some races our speed was closely matched.
Fantastic race for me and a little payback for all the hours I dedicated to MRC and GP 79 in last 3 seasons.
Larry did not decide to stop for cup of coffe so total sensation last night did not happen.
Congratulation Larry for a Championchip!. Well done all season long!
My 4th place in end standing was only possibile due to some early retirenments of some really fast guys and due to consistent point finishes. Little misleading but I will gladly take it. :beerchug:
Big thank you for CA and Guny for all what they have done for this league.
I am not sure why interest in the league decreased latellty. What I can say from my perspective is that weekly racing in such competitive league takes a lot of time and preparation even to keep up in mid field. Does not leave much time for other stuff at all. And in such great pace considering that in each season we had different cars, different tracks lots of practice is required (learn the track, search for set up, practice for race,practice for qualy) not much time is left for anything else, let alone trying to drive in other modes. So as a midfielder it was GP 79 almost only. That is possibly the reason why some guys lost interst.
If there is a season 7 bi-weekly racing would be much more appropriate in bussy times. It would leave more time to prepare for race and at the same time do some normal stuff and even drive some thing else...
Posted Image

#16 Larry_Sheehy

Larry_Sheehy

S4 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Mybroga
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Online Racing, cycling, hiking, all other outdoor activities and of course Family.

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

Thanks for all the good words guys. It's been a blast running with everyone this season. There are some very talented drivers in here. Hey CA!!! We got that Alpha at the top!!! :thumbup:

As for the race...It was pretty much uneventful except for the first few laps chasing Leo. He had a pretty good race pace and it was just a matter of who would make the first mistake. I have to learn how to get off the line better! <_<  But Leo finally lost it in one of the turns and I was able to open up a gap and then he must have crashed out and that left me pretty much alone the whole race. I came upon Ha Maha and Phil having a pretty good battle and decided to back off and let them have at it since I was up by almost 30 seconds. Finally one of them lost it and I was forced to pass so I decided to kick it back in gear and try to pass the other one so they could get back to racing. Ended up capping off the season with a nice win...although the small field was a disappointment. I hated to see Gunny and Gabs miss the races at the end since it was looking like it would be an exciting end to the season....But I'll take it anyway. :P   Congrats to Gabs and Gunny for finishing in the top 3 for the season and also to Adnan and Eric for a podium in the race  :beerchug: . I also want to thank Phil and Gabs for the awesome videos...one of the things that makes this league great. Then to Gunny for the server and all the work that comes with that. Finally CA for being the glue that holds it all together. Can't wait to see you back on the track!!!

I'm pretty much ready for a break myself since I've run several seasons back to back in a previous league and then the last three with MRC. I think Gunny has the right idea with testing some different mods to see what everyone likes and to help pick up the attendance. I've really enjoyed the 79's but it seems the interest is definitely dropping off. I would even be for trying a season running 3 or 4 different mods...in 3 race stints for each one...to make up a full season. But whatever mod you guys decide on is fine with me. Every other week might help take the pressure off some guys too..to help get the attendance up some..but I'll be here for the next one whenever we're ready to get after it again! :smokin:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Dom77

Dom77

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:46 PM

trying out a new mod would be nice but will see what CA has in mind i would a new mod myself :)

COLOSTRUM - Is the "immune milk" Supercharged with 97 immune factors and 87 growth factors. Colostrum is 3 times more effective than tamiflu.
VITAMIN D3 - Avoiding getting the colds/flu 1,000 IU per 25 lbs of bodyweight http://www.iherb.com/Vitamin-D                    
REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL
Workouts from Gym Jones, the guys that trained the actors from 300 movie Save the Boobies!! Detect Breast Cancer Sooner!

#18 Dom77

Dom77

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:57 AM

Can we test for example Cart 98 ;) during the offseason perhaps Gunny can upload the updated mid ohio with Cart98 demo?

Cart 98 u can modify turbo for each team if needed, or give them only hard tyres ;)

Brabham BT52 mod have those aliens drive with only 5gears upgrade and steel brakes hard to enforce i guess...Also tweak the turbo towards closer racing as well.

create 4 brabham teams and tweak each team to use different upgrades (5 or 6 gears) (brakes carbon/steel), limit boost range...

Use Tyka program to enforce upgrades.. http://67.225.168.23...?ID=Tyka Client

Edited by Dom77, 28 March 2009 - 12:42 PM.

REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL

#19 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:47 PM

Something that we must bear in mind, is that we won't find a mod with such perfomance differences like 79s easily. That differences were a good thing for the car assignment system we have been using since season 3. The only mods that allow you to do that are F1 mods, and besides 79s, the only good ones are the modern F1 mods like CTDP 2006 (an excellent mod if you ask me, you should try it), and also Aurora 79, the beautiful 79s expansion. You should really try that, I raced a venue at Kyalami and it was damn fun. They are also easier to drive, so it could make the field closer. They are similar to 79s in some way, some people would like that, others maybe want a more drastical change and will not, but it should be tested. CART 98, as Dom points out, is one amazing mod. You can also try 88s again on a short stint of races, but I think that now, with that great excitement when it just came out vanished, you won't like it much.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#20 Kardum31

Kardum31

Community Misguided Youth

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:59 PM

View PostDom77, on Mar 28 2009, 12:57 PM, said:

Brabham BT52 mod have those aliens drive with only 5gears upgrade and steel brakes hard to enforce i guess...Also tweak the turbo towards closer racing as well.

create 4 brabham teams and tweak each team to use different upgrades (5 or 6 gears) (brakes carbon/steel), limit boost range...
I spent a while fiddling with files, and I've successfully created a series within rFactor which uses one car for every upgrade option possibility. Each car has also been given a class number, so it would be easily checked. If the need arises, I can also easily assign each class a boost limit (which could prove a better balancing tool than the gap between the ATS and the FW07, because the BT52 boost is powerful).

I see a lot of potential in this plan, and think we ought to look into it.

Edited by Kardum31, 28 March 2009 - 05:00 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

BATracer - Browser-based Racing/Management Game

Sim Racing Links