Good Bye Xp......oh No...wtf Is This.......?

window10 display

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Mick Chapman

Mick Chapman

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:24 PM

New PC. i3 7100: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050ti  W10 Home 64Bit Build1709.

I can only drive gpl @ 600x400. Anything higher, and the display is offcenter (The left side;mirror,FR tire is where it is supposed to be, but, on the right side everything is off the edge.

Also FOV setting does not work fromGEM.

I have tried both openglV2 and d3dv2.

Monitor 16:9   ....ish.

I installed Gpl using GPLPS Installer (What is gpl v1.3)

Also, when I create a channel(#oAo) in iGOR  #oAo does not appear in the chat box when I select it in the channel list.  (I experienced this 4 years ago, but the chunk of brain I used to sort it out has gone)

Edited by Mick Chapman, 01 March 2018 - 05:57 AM.

#2 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:06 PM

Have you consulted the troubleshooting guide yet?
http://srmz.net/inde...?showtopic=3714
I just wanna race

#3 Mick Chapman

Mick Chapman

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:23 AM

View PostMichkov, on 28 February 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

Have you consulted the troubleshooting guide yet?
http://srmz.net/inde...?showtopic=3714
I am glad you asked......I spent a fair bit of time searching for a solution, rather than rushing here posting my woes. But I am limited by how much time I can spend "searching" due to my eye condition. So I am glad you pointed me in the right direction. Also, because I am an idiot, and never backed up anything from my old machine which died 2 months ago (gpl settings, bookmarks, etc etc) Today is "Day 3" of my "Windows if it aint broke, break it 10" experience.

So thanks to your direction, Bob Simpsons FAQ thread etc, I ended up here.......

http://srmz.net/inde...65

What I did. (re - off center display in gpl cockpit........)

Settings > Display > Scaling and Layout >  Size of text, apps etc - I had it at 175% so I could see text in Window etc....SO for gpl, down 100%, sorted.

However on exiting gpl, turning Scaling back to 175%, opening GEM; now instead of filling the screen (before I turned scaling down to 100%) it fills less than half the screen, and I can't read the text in GEM, it is so tiny. And the resolution settings under the "Graphics" button seem to have disappeared??

Edit - Found them, the field was empty, but the resolution options appeared in drop down (not that I can read them, cos they are so godam tiny :) )

This is something I seem to be encountering in my brief " experience". Change a setting, change it back to what it was, but never seems to do just that.....maybe if I am lucky, it might just change it back when it feels like it.

Like I said, I am an idiot.........GEM box was not "maximised"  In XP, this would have been glaringly obvious.

Edited by Mick Chapman, 01 March 2018 - 07:28 AM.

#4 Mick Chapman

Mick Chapman

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:24 PM

Could some one post the line in address,ini for oAo server please for me to manually enter into my address ini. I cant enter IP address in gpl>multiplayer> I hit add and nothing happens when I type

DONE.   Thx Bruce.

Edited by Mick Chapman, 02 March 2018 - 05:38 PM.

#5 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:45 PM

Are you still having trouble with IGOR?
I just wanna race

#6 Mick Chapman

Mick Chapman

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:27 AM

View PostMichkov, on 02 March 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

Are you still having trouble with IGOR?

I am. But I will be joining by gpl m'player today, and using iGOR chat on my laptop(vroc).......for today
Thanks

#7 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 08:26 PM

Let me know what exactly isn't working and I'll try to troubleshoot.

Is it just chat or racelist missing too?EDIT> Just Noticed the oAo Igor chatroom has a password. Same as the server maybe that's it.

Edited by Michkov, 03 March 2018 - 09:10 PM.

I just wanna race

#8 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:32 PM

Mick - also, make sure iGor is pointed (located) where your GPL file is (upper left corner of GEM... should say where gpl.exe is and also under configure, to show the path from GEM to iGor.

Michi - correct about oAo igor chat pw ;)
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#9 Mick Chapman

Mick Chapman

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:58 AM

iGOR.

I have race list.

However, after creating #oAo + PW, and hitting CHAT (even after restarting iGOR, ) I get into #gpl ok, hit Channel, see #oAo (not greyed out) select #oAo ....nothing.

In "#Network" - "15:29.51 [353: RPL_NAMREPLY] RawData: ':moroso.IL.US.ShadowWorld.Net 353 Mick = #oAo :@Mick' "

I remember having this trouble a while ago, when we were using vroc racelist.  but then I could get into a room, but I was on my own in the "names" list

So I have iGOR open, and got that message above in Network.

I also join vroc chat and try #oAo and got this.......mixxi is my backup name

INFO:353] = #oAo mixxi Yannick_Verheijen @Mick

All "exes" are pointed to correctly...I think.

This time I decided to install GEM/iGOR into C>SIMRACING>.......GPLSECRETS.  MY GPL is also in C>SIMRACING, but I have made sure all relevant exes are pointed to.

And, for what it is worth, I can enter #oAo through vroc on my laptop....(which does not even have gpl on it.........oh the irony

And on a side note......I instaled gplF165.....that went amazingly smoothly.....DL a 65 setup from Track Database, but it does not show up ingame under my 65 driver.   My question is......are older 65 setups compatable with the updated 65 mode?

Duh.......wrong class selected.    But, when I try select Driver on front page menu(GPL65) it CTD's??

Edited by Mick Chapman, 04 March 2018 - 11:31 AM.

#10 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:01 PM

Is the IRCServer entry in your IGOR.ini the same as the one below?IRCServer = "irc.shadowworld.net"

View PostMick Chapman, on 04 March 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

And, for what it is worth, I can enter #oAo through vroc on my laptop....(which does not even have gpl on it.........oh the irony

The underlying chat protocol is the same VROC and IGOR are just a IRC client with added features for chat purposes.
I just wanna race

#11 Mick Chapman

Mick Chapman

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:02 PM

Any ideas why #oAo wont open when I select it in "channels" (passworded)  Same for a new channel I create.

#12 DDodge

DDodge

• ADC
  • 1,586 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Dual Purpose motorbikes, Sailing, Tennis, Dakar, Pets, my Mini Cooper S

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:34 PM

Not really an idea, but I had to re-enter the password a week or so ago to get into oAo chat.
Confuscious say: "War not determine who right, war determine who left."

#13 zzbusch1

zzbusch1

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

Reopening this thread.

I'm building a new pc this weekend/week.   What's the recommended  way to install GPL.  I have a complete backup done after todays Silverstone race, I plan to copy it over to the new install.

I have gplinstall_beta_1.08.exe, I was going to do that, then copy, but thought I'd ask if anyone has a better idea.

Thanks,
ZZ
racecar is racecar spelled backward

#14 JMF

JMF

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:55 AM

If there's nothing wrong with your current install, just copy it to the new computer. Your new computer might like different graphics settings.
Greg Taber

#15 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:15 AM

Copy over the current install. All you need to reinstall is GEM, but everything in the GPL folder is transferable. And if that doesn't work I got an install guide lying around somewhere here on the forums.
I just wanna race

#16 zzbusch1

zzbusch1

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:57 PM

OK, I've copied my current install, and GPL runs, but.   I can only calibrate 2 axis with my wheel. GPL demanded I calibrate when I started it. I need to figure out how to calibrate all  my axis on my G25. I know about GPL Shift, but have never used it.

I need the FFB patch that I saw somewhere. I have GEM installed, but I need the proper options to add to it.

When I run GPl, I can tell somethings not right.  I'm running W7 64 bit now, will that make a difference?

I may just reinstall the whole thing and copy my tracks and player stuff.     Thanks Michi, I do have the install guide. It's the calibration and GEM stuff I need.

Thanks,
ZZ

#17 snafu

snafu

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • Interests:GPL
    F2B (Control Line aerobatic model aircraft).
    Motorcycles
    Crown Green bowling

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:14 PM

Just a shot in the dark but regarding not being able to calibrate all axis....

I presume you are aware there is a 2nd page in the calibration window? (My clutch for example is on the 2nd page)..

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable. Choose any 2.

Beat it to fit, paint it to match..

1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced.
Look closely at 3 of your closest friends. If they seem OK it's probably you.

#18 zzbusch1

zzbusch1

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:28 PM

View Postsnafu, on 29 May 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

Just a shot in the dark but regarding not being able to calibrate all axis....

I presume you are aware there is a 2nd page in the calibration window? (My clutch for example is on the 2nd page)..

TTFN
John.

Yes John, but thanks, I have forgotten that one before.   My steering is the top calibration and throttle/brake are on the second one right now. I don't have Logitech software installed.

#19 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:29 PM

Check if combined axis in the wheel settings is uncheck.
All the .xml patches go in .\GEM+\Options folder. You can just copy them over.

Edited by Michkov, 29 May 2018 - 10:32 PM.

I just wanna race

#20 bobho-in

bobho-in

Old Fart

• Members
  • 1,008 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Yoga

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:58 AM

You don't need to reinstall "the whole thing" .  You need to configure your wheel with your new operating system, and then it will calibrate successfully in GPL. GEM+ install is also separate from the GPL install.
Many people dream of success. To me success can only be achieved through repeated failure and introspection.
Soichiro Honda

Sim Racing Links