42 replies to this topic

#1 dlidkea

dlidkea

rookie

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 06:16 PM

:banana:  :clap:
Wow. I can't wait for season 7 to start. The schedule looks amazing.
A very BIG THANK YOU, to the Track Selection Group. Well done.
In case you have yet to see it, check out the oAo site. Plus, the new rules are looking pretty cool.
Cheers guys,
Drew L.

p.s. Also, another big "hats off" for allowing Goodwin to sit on the group. Talk about 'putting your money where your mouth is"  :D
"There are only three sports in life: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; the rest are merely games."
Ernest Hemingway

#2 Fulvio Barozzini

Fulvio Barozzini

The BRM fan

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:06 AM

I'm a new entry and can't wait for the begginning!!
I'm used to 90min GPL races so it will be ok, and the rules are fantastic.
A big THANKS to who keeps GPL alive  :clap:
Posted Image

#3 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:11 PM

I hope that 2 comments is not an indicator of interest in next season :P

but to be fair, there is one LARGE new piece of oAo, and as soon as the D2 race/season is over, i'll be in touch with everyone about it :)

stay tuned..and watch your mail boxes!
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#4 Dom77

Dom77

Ascari's right hand man !

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:26 PM

The tracks are different to what we usually get. More work on setting up the car for these new tracks. :P
Typing using the COLEMAK Keyboard Layout!

COLOSTRUM - Is the "immune milk" Supercharged with 97 immune factors and 87 growth factors. Colostrum is 3 times more effective than tamiflu.
VITAMIN D3 - Avoiding getting the colds/flu 1,000 IU per 25 lbs of bodyweight http://www.iherb.com/Vitamin-D                    
REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL
Workouts from Gym Jones, the guys that trained the actors from 300 movie Save the Boobies!! Detect Breast Cancer Sooner!
                        Jack Lalanne Face Workout! How To Poop Properly! Pooping 2.0

#5 mranderson

mranderson

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:33 PM

Just thought I'd add a post here and make it public that I have accepted a D3 contract with team Cooper! Very happy for the offer and a change. Should finish more races I'd think and the competition looks much more within scope than S6.

Good bye Ahab!

John A

#6 Lusthawk

Lusthawk

oAo Chief Steward

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:43 PM

Hey all...

Well done Mr.Anderson!!...and congrats to Team Cooper on their aquisition of a top knotch driver!!

But as it happens...

I have accepted a position with Team Honda  :P .... I very much look forward to working with Mr.Vergers...I believe I will learn a lot  :trink4: and hopefully improve...lol

Bo...

It never ceases to amaze me the power and conviction you display when dealing with OaO matters...to say it is a passion for you is somewhat an understatement. I tip my hat and raise my glass to you sir! :thumbup:

I also must applaud the track line-up for next season...I think the outcome shall be an interesting one...Good work guys! :bowdown:

Kudos to my ex-team mate Mr.Goodwin...it was a pleasure to watch a championship won in such a way...made all the more so in the fact that you are a fellow Canadian :punk:

Best of luck to all in the up cominf season...and remember...

Simon says...

Easy in T1....lol

Peace

Garnet

#7 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:55 PM

View PostLusthawk, on Dec 21 2006, 02:43 AM, said:

Bo...

It never ceases to amaze me the power and conviction you display when dealing with OaO matters...to say it is a passion for you is somewhat an understatement. I tip my hat and raise my glass to you sir! :thumbup:

Garnet

thanks G-man.. but its oAo.. see?  its like an F1 car of the 60s looking straight on :)
seriously!

as to my passion, yes.. i am still as determined as when i first thought of oAo to make it one of the best online leagues there is ~
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:

#8 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

• ADC
  • 1,235 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:21 PM

View PostBo Bruce, on Dec 20 2006, 06:55 PM, said:

thanks G-man.. but its oAo.. see?  its like an F1 car of the 60s looking straight on :)
seriously!

as to my passion, yes.. i am still as determined as when i first thought of oAo to make it one of the best online leagues there is ~

I'd say you've done it Bo. It's the most organized  league i've ever been in.
Pete

President of the 0ld Farts Club.

#9 Lusthawk

Lusthawk

oAo Chief Steward

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:41 PM

OOOPS..... :bangin:

#10 MiloJ2

MiloJ2

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 10:40 AM

I am very happy with the schedule for season 7. The main reason is there is no Ring, Mother or whatever else you call 14 miles of torture:)
Bo you run what I consider the best league out there and other administrators should take some hints from you as every league needs a leader to make final decisions and you have very little trouble making them which is greatly appreciated at least by me.
What is expected of you is down in black and white so you have no excuses if you read the forum and emails sent by you.
Thanks for the great league
MILO

#11 avatar7

Hristo Itchov

• Members
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 02:48 AM

View PostMiloJ2, on Dec 23 2006, 04:40 PM, said:

I am very happy with the schedule for season 7. The main reason is there is no Ring, Mother or whatever else you call 14 miles of torture:)
Bo you run what I consider the best league out there and other administrators should take some hints from you as every league needs a leader to make final decisions and you have very little trouble making them which is greatly appreciated at least by me.
What is expected of you is down in black and white so you have no excuses if you read the forum and emails sent by you.
Thanks for the great league
MILO

Nurburgring rocks, dude.  :bash: Shame it's out of the schedule, but the rest look good.  :thumbup:
"If in doubt - flat out" - Colin McRae (1968-2007)
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#12 Fulvio Barozzini

Fulvio Barozzini

The BRM fan

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 04:39 AM

View Postavatar7, on Dec 24 2006, 09:48 AM, said:

Nurburgring rocks, dude.  :bash: Shame it's out of the schedule, but the rest look good.  :thumbup:

I agree...
No ring in a champ is sad to me... it's one of the races that keep the '67 spirit alive, you might win even if you're not the fastest guy overall ;)
Posted Image

#13 oliver

oliver

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 08:52 AM

View Postavatar7, on Dec 24 2006, 08:48 AM, said:

I knew there was a reason I didn't send him an invite!   :bangin:

I'd be happy with half the rounds at the ring  :clap:

:wow2:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Sandeep_Banerjee

Sandeep_Banerjee

• oAo
  • 1,150 posts
  • Interests:Racing mostly..

Posted 25 December 2006 - 06:58 AM

Its a great schedule. Too bad I'll have to miss some of my favorites like Adelaide. :(
GPL rank :- -34.155

#15 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 12:55 PM

Nice schedule with some interesting tracks. Btw who did decide the schedule this season?
I just wanna race

#16 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 01:12 PM

View PostMichkov, on Dec 25 2006, 06:55 PM, said:

Nice schedule with some interesting tracks. Btw who did decide the schedule this season?

Michi-
at the top right corner of the Schedule page is the list of 'who' ~
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:

#17 Niven Howlett

Niven Howlett

• oAo
  • 950 posts
  • Interests:Manchester United

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:57 PM

Having had the chance to try some of these tracks which were brand new to me I have to comment. What a fabulous selection. Great job track committee. I'd only really driven the Papy tracks before, with the odd excursion last season at Edmonton and Clermont, but I'm really looking forward to racing in such great locations.

#18 oliver

oliver

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:01 PM

View PostNiven Howlett, on Jan 4 2007, 04:57 AM, said:

Having had the chance to try some of these tracks which were brand new to me I have to comment. What a fabulous selection. Great job track committee. I'd only really driven the Papy tracks before, with the odd excursion last season at Edmonton and Clermont, but I'm really looking forward to racing in such great locations.

I like your attitude.  If I haven't already offered you a spot do you want to hitch yer trailer to the THORO ROSSO train?  Free lotus and all the abuse you can handle!  just let me know.

Only catch is I may to refer to you as my Howlett Monkey from time to time.  There's some strange pre-requisite for animilizing names in the THOR camp...

cheers,

oliver
Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 Niven Howlett

Niven Howlett

• oAo
  • 950 posts
  • Interests:Manchester United

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:58 PM

OK but my real name is Spiny Norman, a 12 foot hedgehog living in a hangar near Heathrow airport and who Dinsdale Piranha is fearful of. This will only mean something to Monty Python afficionados.

So I already have the animal connection and I'd be pleased to join you.

Cheers

View Postoliver, on Jan 4 2007, 12:01 PM, said:

I like your attitude.  If I haven't already offered you a spot do you want to hitch yer trailer to the THORO ROSSO train?  Free lotus and all the abuse you can handle!  just let me know.

Only catch is I may to refer to you as my Howlett Monkey from time to time.  There's some strange pre-requisite for animilizing names in the THOR camp...

cheers,

oliver

#20 oliver

oliver

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:06 AM

View PostNiven Howlett, on Jan 5 2007, 10:58 PM, said:

OK but my real name is Spiny Norman, a 12 foot hedgehog living in a hangar near Heathrow airport and who Dinsdale Piranha is fearful of. This will only mean something to Monty Python afficionados.

So I already have the animal connection and I'd be pleased to join you.

Cheers

Spiny Norman and a hedgehog!  That's more than terrific ;)  Already dear Bruce, overseer of all, if you are still reading this thread, please note we've added a mystical hedgehog to THORO ROSSO's attack!

Welcome to the team Spiny Norman, I hope you enjoy things like winning  :clap:

Cheers,

oliver
Posted Image

Posted Image

Sim Racing Links