Posted 31 March 2020 - 09:28 AM

very cool!
oAo - Heavy Metal Racing - Division1, group4

#3 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 11:09 AM

According to the series, Saturday’s 45-lap American Red Cross Grand Prix won by Dreyer & Reinbold Racing’s Sage Karam in the No. 24 Chevy produced 433,000 combined views through Saturday night on IndyCar.com, IndyCar’s Facebook and YouTube pages, plus iRacing’s YouTube, Facebook, and Twitch channels.
IndyCar also reports the number surpassed 600,000 by Monday, which added event-related content consumed on drivers’ social media accounts to the tally.
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#4 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 07:21 PM

It was interesting to hear people had setup issues and missed the race, one driver used to use a G25 wheel - it sounds the same as our discussions - lol
Paul Tracy's comments were really good on sim racing and it how helped him at Bathurst.
The interview with Hinchcliffe (I can't stand the "Mayor of Hinchtown" bs) was good.
I feel bad for Robert "Wicky" Wickens. IndyCar should not be racing at Pocono.

#5 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 05:51 PM

Indycar drivers.. are beginning to take this serious!
spotters, sponsors, tempers! VERY GOOD racing!
https://www.youtube....h?v=mhEY8AaiSSc
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:

#6 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 08:23 PM

Fantastic!!

#7 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 07:12 PM

These races have been great! I was wondering when Lando Norris from F1 was going to join in... and he did at Circuit Of The Americas. I love the announcing and replays. Just like normal coverage. Just brilliant!
Since now it is proven that they are able to sell advertising for a sim series on tv, I bet we are going to see and off-season sim series. Hopefully it will attract more drivers from other series - especially F1. Maybe F1 is thinking about doing their own sim series in the off-season. Maybe all the series will run their own sim series in the off-season! They should have a slot for a proven sim drivers that can be qualified for. Some of our aliens should apply if that happens :alien:

#8 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 08:10 PM

F1 has been running some races..  but only a handful of real F1 drivers participate. they use 'codemasters 2019' (i think) and its not nearly as graphically good as iRacing (imo)  one thing i find really off-putting in the F1 races is when you come up on a backmarker.... he turns transparent! oh, not just visually, but literally!  the overtaking car can pass thru the backmarker as tho he wasn't there :o   how can that represent realistic racing?
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:

#9 snafu

snafu

• Members
  • 1,471 posts
  • Interests:GPL
    F2B (Control Line aerobatic model aircraft).
    Motorcycles
    Crown Green bowling

Posted 29 April 2020 - 04:30 AM

I haven't watched any of the races from start to finish but have to admit watching the Nascar races has been interrupted by other things to do, The F1 races were simply turned off because they were rubbish.

The drivers in the Nascar series do seem to be taking it seriously (And personal at times) whereas there are too many drivers in the F1 races who are simply out of their depth or just treating it as a laugh. It doesn't make good viewing at all IMO. :(

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable. Choose any 2.

Beat it to fit, paint it to match..

1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced.
Look closely at 3 of your closest friends. If they seem OK it's probably you.

#10 Michkov

Michkov

• Members
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:01 PM

View PostBo Bruce, on 28 April 2020 - 08:10 PM, said:

F1 has been running some races..  but only a handful of real F1 drivers participate. they use 'codemasters 2019' (i think) and its not nearly as graphically good as iRacing (imo)  one thing i find really off-putting in the F1 races is when you come up on a backmarker.... he turns transparent! oh, not just visually, but literally!  the overtaking car can pass thru the backmarker as tho he wasn't there :o   how can that represent realistic racing?

It isn't and it doesn't either because they dont want or they cant. F1 has only one licensed title out there and that is build to the lowest common denominator, hence it's not a sim. Granted putting an spec chassis through the Iracing treatment is much easier than 10 proprietary cars, but at least F1 could run their races with all aids off and damage on. Their events have been laughable, Indycar has done well, V8 Supercars too.
I just wanna race

#11 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 09:44 AM

I heard during the IndyCar race at COTA that IndyCar uses rFactor2 on their simulators for the drivers to learn new tracks.

#12 lalb2001

lalb2001

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 09:27 AM

View PostBo Bruce, on 28 April 2020 - 08:10 PM, said:

F1 2019 is designed the way it is by Codemasters to make it accessible to the broad community. In some update they made backmarkers invisible to reduce "online trashracing" as I'd like to call it where backmarkers just stand still on the track to wait for the leader and take him out then; Codemasters games have always been about attracting all types of gamers and not just specifically the sim racing community. That is kinda sad not because of the way Codemasters make use of their (from the view of a sim racer "poorly") used license, but sad because there are no licensed alternatives for an F1 gaming experience for sim racers.

#13 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 11:42 AM

https://www.espn.co....acing-collision

if this happened in oAo i know 2 drivers that would be BANNED!
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:

#14 zzbusch1

zzbusch1

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 01:59 PM

Ah, the problem with all sim racing online. No one gets hurt. From rage quitting to nasty words, we've seen it all now. As a long time sim racer, I've seen and heard it all over 20+ years. I've even thrown my wheel (or wanted to) many times. I've even rage quit for a few hours a few times.
As we've seen, some drivers have lost sponsors, and even careers now.  I wonder what will happen from this? Santino Ferrucci already has a bad reputation for his real life acts.
racecar is racecar spelled backward

#15 GrandPrixYannick

GrandPrixYannick

The Flying Dutchman

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:GPL, I think?? :)

Posted 03 May 2020 - 02:10 PM

Yeah, that was pretty disgusting and scandulous.

"It's just a game", is really not an argument.
It was professionally broadcasted on American TV, that's when conduct comes into play
and the lack of seriousness goes off with it.

Edited by GrandPrixYannick, 03 May 2020 - 02:12 PM.

"Grand Prix Legends is a drug. I am addicted to it."
- Based on a quote of Harry Schell

#16 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 07:38 PM

The way I see it...
Pagenaud was slowing to pit he did not swerve, Lando ran into him. But then his comments show it was intentional. I don't get it. Just stupid.
OWard took out Marcus Ericsson, but Ericsson did hesitate a microsecond too long to close the door. Not enough oval experience on Ericsson's part.
Then Ferucci took out his team mate Askew at the line. Idiotic.
I'm glad Scotty McLaughlin won. I love the V8 Austrailian series.

Edited by EFulghum, 03 May 2020 - 07:40 PM.

#17 zzbusch1

zzbusch1

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 03:46 AM

https://the-race.com...FWqMuJXUJoTpP60

Article about the Indy race.
racecar is racecar spelled backward

#18 GrandPrixYannick

GrandPrixYannick

The Flying Dutchman