8 replies to this topic

#1 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:11 AM

Hi guys :)

I have set the server to host the EnduRacers mod till next Thursday. The first track is Spa09, where we raced this week. Please, do some laps there, using a GT2 or GT1 car, and post here your experience, laptimes and setups, if this is possible :)

Also check other things as FPS, graphics settings etc.. If you use a GT2 car, also post how it compares with its ILMS pairs.
I will change the track each week, but we will use only tracks where we raced with the ILMS for the moment !!
AP

#2 Rusty Cragars

Rusty Cragars

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:02 AM

i ran a few laps in the 996, similar to what i drove in ILMS. i was slower, 2:30 vs 2:21 i think. but it was starting to feel better. more laps will help.
this was with a default set up, 2/11 downforce, med tires, med traction control. it seemed easy to spin under braking also.

this was with only a few laps, though.

fps seemed fine, with one car on track.

Jeff

#3 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:06 AM

View PostRusty Cragars, on 07 August 2011 - 05:02 AM, said:

i ran a few laps in the 996, similar to what i drove in ILMS. i was slower, 2:30 vs 2:21 i think. but it was starting to feel better. more laps will help.
this was with a default set up, 2/11 downforce, med tires, med traction control. it seemed easy to spin under braking also.

this was with only a few laps, though.

fps seemed fine, with one car on track.

Jeff

WOW !! That was fast :bowdown:

I think the Enduracers tend to be a bit slower than the ILMS, mostly because they have less grip and so must be driven more carefully. I will do some laps with the 430 later, using a setup similar to the one I used in the last race. :gpler:
AP

#4 TerryMcMahon

TerryMcMahon

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:06 PM

Did some laps on the Porsche.  :rolleyes:

Laptime: N/A (couldnīt make one whole lap)  :o

FPS: 8/10 flooring down eaurouge  :weeping:

Im toasted  :trink4:

#5 Tidge

Tidge

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • Interests:F1C , and Rfactor. Also I am a private pilot and I build and fly Giant Scale R / C airplanes. Golf, Motorcycles.

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

I did some testing with the 997, since I am the most familiar with that car.  I ran some laps at Road Atlanta with a tweaked ILMS setup for this track. Yes, the first thing you notice, in the 997 at least, is that it is very tail happy.  After looking at the setup I realize that one of the most beneficial adjustments to the ILMS 997 is the Longitudinal Balance.  Right at 50/50 is good to start with and it gives a very balanced car.  However the Longitudinal and Lateral balance sections on the Endu 997 are locked and cannot be adjusted and the Long. balance is set at 42/58 !!  That's why it's tail happy.  

There is also no final drive adjustment which is basically just a nuisance more than anything, and also no brake pressure adjustment.  

All in all the car handles similarly, and I'm sure with some practice I could work a way around the heavy tail.  Like any other new race car, experience is everything.

There's my 2 cents worth !  :beerchug:

I'm game if you guys are.

#6 TerryMcMahon

TerryMcMahon

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:01 PM

Tidge, adding traction control helps a lot with the oversteering, in fact upper class cars like the Aston are almost undrivable without it. Give it a try
Also I remember Art telling me that ILMS setups have nothing to do with enduracers ones, attached is a pack of settings I got from him, not sure if you have 997s but there are plenty to test around

:thumbup:

Attached Files

Edited by TerryMcMahon, 06 September 2011 - 09:05 PM.

#7 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:56 AM

There are setups for most of the cars included with the mod. I agree with Terry that the use of traction control is mandatory. I did not try any GT2 car yet, only P1, P1 and GT1s and everything went ok, but I used Traction control at low with all of them. In real life, these cars also use traction control and its implementation works ok, imo :)
AP

#8 Tidge

Tidge

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • Interests:F1C , and Rfactor. Also I am a private pilot and I build and fly Giant Scale R / C airplanes. Golf, Motorcycles.

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:36 AM

Yes, the traction control helps, but I don't like how limited the setups are.  The ILMS cars allowed you to really get a good balanced tire temp.  Need to make more adjustment to the Endu Porsche but the cambers won't go past -2 on the fronts and -1 on the rear.  Along with the other locked adjustments, it really limits your ability to balance the car to your liking.

All in all the car probably drives more like the real thing and requires some smooth throttle work, and it is fun to drive, just different.

Another 2 cents worth !!  :thumbup:

Edited by Tidge, 20 September 2011 - 01:38 AM.

#9 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:48 AM

Hi Tidge :)

Glad you are coming to terms with the ER Porsche. I have little to no experience with it since I`ve been driving mostly the GT1 Aston with some experience at Le Mans with the Audi R10. In both cases, I got good results with traction control set at Low, but I guess the P2s and P1s may demand Intermediate setting.

About the setup parameters being limited, sure they much more limited than the ILMS ones, but I think this is due to limits imposed by the rules for this series. Must check the Le Mans series site for this. Link:  http://www.lemans-se...s01p01_home.php .

I have found a very useful guide for setting up a Porsche 997. It`s in spanish but I can translate it. I am still setting up software in my PC due to the change of motherboard, but I will start posting updates this week.

And, we will host a test session next Monday, usual startime :)
AP

Sim Racing Links