• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Gintonika

Gintonika

S6 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Mybroga
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

While fighting wih Addie at 2nd straight, I've completely lost braking point and tried to swerve to the left to destroy my car and not hurt anyone, but I've sadly clipped Boni at the rear left and ruined his race..., I think Augusto behind me finished the job.

Sorry Boni, you were the victim of a completely frustrated guy who was overdriving his crappy, dangerous car.
It will not happen again.

This is the last race that I refuse to admit that I'm a mid-back fielder now.

I'm ready to face the proper penalties.
Daniel Gomez
VOR Viper SRT-10 #530 (Art Design: Jake W.) THX!!
VOR Dome LMP2  #530
Mybroga '79 - Back in the champ winning #5 Brabham BT49, moahahaha!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 BoniPiket

BoniPiket

• Mybroga
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Tennis, Music, Racing Simulators

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

View PostGintonika, on Jan 22 2009, 09:19 PM, said:

While fighting wih Addie at 2nd straight, I've completely lost braking point and tried to swerve to the left to destroy my car and not hurt anyone, but I've sadly clipped Boni at the rear left and ruined his race..., I think Augusto behind me finished the job.

Sorry Boni, you were the victim of a completely frustrated guy who was overdriving his crappy, dangerous car.
It will not happen again.

This is the last race that I refuse to admit that I'm a mid-back fielder now.

I'm ready to face the proper penalties.

(Iīll post it in the right place now...Iīve posted it just minutes ago in another topic, and although now I know the one who did it, my words will be the same...sorry):

2 turns! Thatīs how long this race lasted for me.
Have some time to practice, was 6th on the grid...expecting to get to top 6th at the end, looking at the championship battle..
But, as Forest Gump once said : Stupid is who stupidity does...
Thanks for kicking my ass out of the race, whoever it was...
Man, people still keep doing stupid things at the start...
Donīt you EVER care about yours and your fellowīs race?
Whatīs the meaning of practicing a week long, if someone goes and crash your back on TURN 2???
Donīt you know the rules?  :rtfm:
Is CA talking to deaf people???
And you spoil your race too...whatīs the fun on it???
I REALLY donīt understand, I donīt see the logic in this kind of behaviour...
Is this the kind of fun you expect on SimRacing?
Sorry to be so rude...but...Iīm pissed...

:soapbox:  :angry2:    :frusty:  :wallbash:  :boid:

P.S.: Sorry Dan, those were my words moments ago, and I wonīt get them out...
I was a back fielder all S5, and didnīt crash anyone...
I always showed much respect for the faster ones, and waited my time to proove that I could also be fast, despite my fps/comp issues...I hope this is an isolated fact, I donīt want to be bumped like I was in S5...
I donīt think Iīll ever be an MRC champ, there are faster people than me, but at least now I can race among them, I ONLY want to finish the races in the best possible position...but being thown up by someone else AGAIN is just disapointing......letīs see whatīs next...
Posted Image
Luiz De Boni

#3 Gintonika

Gintonika

S6 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Mybroga
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:03 PM

View PostBoniPiket, on Jan 23 2009, 12:52 AM, said:

P.S.: Sorry Dan, those were my words moments ago, and I wonīt get them out...
I was a back fielder all S5, and didnīt crash anyone...
I always showed much respect for the faster ones, and waited my time to proove that I could also be fast, despite my fps/comp issues...I hope this is an isolated fact, I donīt want to be bumped like I was in S5...
I donīt think Iīll ever be an MRC champ, there are faster people than me, but at least now I can race among them, I ONLY want to finish the races in the best possible position...but being thown up by someone else AGAIN is just disapointing......letīs see whatīs next...

Don't regret your words, you're right man.
I learned the hard way what I have to do from now on.
I will not fight for position again at S6, it's simply too dangerous with this car + my frustration for being so crappy driving it.
Daniel Gomez
VOR Viper SRT-10 #530 (Art Design: Jake W.) THX!!
VOR Dome LMP2  #530
Mybroga '79 - Back in the champ winning #5 Brabham BT49, moahahaha!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Craig Hunter

Craig Hunter

• GPLVOR
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Radio control planes (IMAC), softball, shooting. Volunteer at the airport, tour docent at The Old Globe Theater. Touring. Civil war history. Astronomy.

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

I had a reasonably good time.  Qualified my usually very slow time but something incredile happened during the race. I can't expaling how it happened but I moved up really fast, got a s high a 6th I think and then startd making dumb mistakes. Eventually spun my way down to 10th and noticed some of the guys in front of me slowing and, watching them on the status bar instead of my driving, I missed the hairpin and hit the wall. Very, very dumb but a good outing after a long time off.

I did spin in front of Ha Maha, I hope he idn't get to much damage out it, I don't think he could avoid me. Sorry about that.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Age is a state of mind.

#5 BoniPiket

BoniPiket

• Mybroga
  • 727 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

Ok, Dan! np man...I am just a liiitle pissed...S5 passed thru my head again...letīs go for the next one!
At least Iīm still in the battle!
By the way, CONGRATS Larry, Pai, CA, Gunny and all, specially my Wacky Friend MAHA for his first top 8th this season! WTG SAM!
Rattlesnake, please....
AND NO CRASH, PLEASE, YOU MOTHER-FUCKERS!!!! :beerchug:
Posted Image
Luiz De Boni

#6 C.Ascari

C.Ascari

S1-S3 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Administrators
  • 7,001 posts
  • Interests:Kicking everyones ass in a race.

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

Mid Ohio Server Replay
Who Said : "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day, teach a man to feed a fish and round round we go !"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MRC GPC79 HOMEPAGE
SEASON 6 STANDINGS
MRC GPC79 LIVE TIMING
MRC GPC79 HOTLAPS

C.Ascari rFRacing License

Posted Image

#7 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:26 PM

I finished a race!! :banana: I was much better checking my mirrors. I tried to let the aliens pass with screwing up their race or mine. I made a mistake at the beginning and went over the "don't go over the curb" curb. I let everyone pass me to make up for it. After that I was just hoping to finish the race. It was cool to watch Gabe and CA go flying bye racing each other. :thumbup:
It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

#8 lukewarm54

lukewarm54

Eric Schappach

• GPLVOR
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Mt biking, Skiing, Kayaking,Gardening,
    DIY Bike Lights, Oh yeah-computer Sims!

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:28 PM

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Boni.
Daniel, welcome to mid pack :beerchug: Life just a little slower-lol
I did my first half a season in the 79's driving a Wolf- I left snail tracks everywhere. I know what it's like driving a pig.
I'm sure with your driving ability you'll be toward the front very soon.
I find myself mid field in every league I run in and work very hard to find speed.
This season is no different. I drive for the thrill, no real hope of winning. Just happy to go wheel to wheel with somebody, then hope for a good finish.
I do find it very fun in the 79's and usually run with a grin on my face.
My Race;
I qualified within a few seconds of pole and always feel good about the race if I can do that.
I spun myself in the keyhole on lap 1, overreacted to some others "agro" racing. I found myself in P14 and slowly worked my way forward.
I had some nice running with Dom and had a great time watching him wringing out the Arrows, sideways in many places.Too crazy for me
By midway I was P6 and trying everything to catch Adnan. My 2 spins weren't helping my cause and had a hard time staying focused running alone.
I would catch up after 10 laps or so and then get into a slow lazy spin and fall back, then slowly reel him in again only to spin again.Frustrating.
If I hadn't spun twice chasing Adnan or spun on L1 I may have placed much better.
I don't know why my laps were so slow, I was able to run mid 17's all week in race trim-mid 18's tonight
I did manage a PB of a 1:17.3 so the setup had some extra speed I just couldn't figure out where it was hidden.
Eric Schappach

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"; Mario Andretti

Team Lotus, Season 6

Posted Image

#9 Gunny

Gunny

S2 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• GPLVOR
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:32 PM

Wow, what a race. Whew. Had a blast.
I had a pretty fast race car and was just trying to let the first half of the race get by without incident. On lap two or so Maxi spun and spun right in front of me and I went from 3rd to 6th or 8th. Little damage on the car but it felt pretty good and a long 47 laps left (plenty of time).
Anyhow I get to the rear of the battle for 2nd or 3rd. CA was in front of me and Gabriel was in front of him and this is the way we battled all race long. CA and I would swap positions taking turns trying to get past the big ass Barney car! but never could. I practiced with Gabriel and I knew he was fast but he was driving like an old lady  :blink: and it really messed me up big time. Anyhow while in third place I was going to attempt make a last lap, last turn attempt at a pass and I spun the Green Machine and CA got by (damn) Anyhow I had so much fun in this race I'd take a fourth place any day if the racing was like this! Great stuff.
Congrats to Larry, Gabriel, and CA
Gabriel earned that podium!  :beerchug:

#10 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

started in the back 3/4, and at the end of lap one was 8th... not good for the league, quite startling for me. drove consistently, moved up to 7th with out overtaking anyone... then spun the first time, and dropped back to 9th... drove there for a while, had some little battles, ok, i was able to see another car here and there.. Craig.. Ha... Phil to name a couple... we took turns spinning and giving up the spot. still i think i won that contest with a total of about 6 offs... the last one being the worst.
i came up on Phil, ahead of me after one of my many offs, and he had just been passed by 2d/3d place i think.. going into the sharp right hander after the back straight, i gained a lot of ground on him, only to realize i was going to rear end him... so i hit the brakes, steered right to throw it off, and slid on the grass right across his bow. he had slowed to avoid me, i think,  i don't know if we touched at that point or not.. irrelevant as i then in trying to right myself, and he himself, we hit :P   so i waited to let him go and regain his position... later Phil had another off (damaged from me?) and i ended up 8th....
not pretty, my sincere apologies to Phil.. i know hard much finishing means to you :(   did you?
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#11 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:39 PM

Mmmmm...was this a good or a bad race?

Qualy was great, the lead was very very tight, I tried my best but couldn't get into 14s again, and I managed a 4th place, 3 tenths away from Maxi's great laptime :bowdown:

The race was promising, I was thinking how I should attack the top 3 to try to get by, as I knew we all were using different wing settings...and I was also holding my pants, because I didn't have time to pay a MUCH NEEDED visit to the toilet! :lol: Well, formation lap, hold your pants Gabe, hold your pants, hold...hold...YOUR PANTS NOT THE BRAKE, YOU ARE GONNA LOCK UP THE FRONT END OF THE CAR!!!! OMG, car got upsetted and it's going to the wall, HOLD THEM, HOLD THEM...THE BRAKES NOT YOUR PANTS!!! :soapbox: craaaashhhhhhhh, lost front wing and bented the whole left side of the car, I was damned right before the start!

Green lights, and I had to watch the top 3 get away with ease :( but CA was making it interesting from behind :) trying to get by on each spot available, but he couldn't make a clean pass, so he just kept his car right behind mine. The Lotus Squadron got entangled, that gave me a nice 2nd place that I was not thinking to let it go. So, the race was to hold CA and Gunny back for 50 laps!! I didn't think it was possible, but the high torque allowed me to make a small lead coming out of the corners, the lack of front wing gave me a little more of top speed that helped me to hold Gunny, and the Tyrrell's brakes were more powerful than Alfa's brakes, that's how I held CA on my back. At one point, CA actually managed to get by on the long back straight, but he overshot T3 and I sneaked on the outside to retake my spot, BEAUTIFUL RACING! The whole race was thrilling, and both CA and Gunny spun being behind me, perhaps because I was leaving snail trails and they were sliding off :unsure:

Congrats to Larry on a superb win, I held the whole field behind me and made it more simple for him :P, to CA and Gunny, we shared some incredible racing :gpler: and to Addie, who managed his best result in MRC. I told you buddy, you were good for a Top 5 ;)

Bring on Rattlesnake Point

LONG LIVE DEEP PURPLE! :punk:

Edited by pai, 22 January 2009 - 09:41 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#12 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:10 AM

CA, check the stats, Mid Ohio's points are not counting in the champ standings ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

#13 C.Ascari

C.Ascari

S1-S3 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Administrators
  • 7,001 posts
  • Interests:Kicking everyones ass in a race.

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:28 AM

Grats to Larry on a great great win for team Alfa ! :1a:

What a race man !

Could'nt put the same laptimes the top 4 were throwing up there in qualifying, but the car felt pretty good if I didn't push to hard into the corners, so I was happy to run behind the top 4 and see what would happen.

Watching Pai spin off the track in the formation looked bad, but I thought he caught it before the wall, apparently he didn't though, but I had no idea at the time. Wasn't till the start I realized he was way off his race pace.

Followed the leaders in lap 1 and was happy to stick close to Gunny and Pai, then Maxi and Gunny dropped way back and I was running up in 3rd, and pressuring Pai for 2nd ! It was a great feeling to be able to put pressure on someone for a change, even though he was driving a car that wasn't 100%, I was having a ball chasing him throughout every turn for many many laps. Couldn't get a good enough pull to completely pass him on the straight, and to out brake him would've caused a disaster with me going off, and possibly ruining both our races, so I played it relatively safe, without letting him breathe too much, hoping he would have a bobble somewhere. Hats off to you Pai for not giving me that chance.

Once Gunny collecting himself, I was still chasing Pai, but now had Gunny all over me, and after 10 or so laps, and some traction issues, I slowed up into T2 and let Gunny take a stab at Pai. So the 3 of us are out there weaving through this crazy track, and he can't put a move on Pai either. Then he had a slight bobble in the 3rd sector and I was on Pai again. Finally threw the car deep into T1 on the inside and bullied my way by Pai. I have no idea what lap it was, but finally I got by him !

That lasted about half a lap lol.

Posted Image

Man I could go on and on about that battle. God knows it would've been a long lonely race for me if both Gunny and Pai didn't recieve some damage, but it turned out to be alot more fun than I anticipated. Larry and I planned on attacking team Lotus last night, at least he accomplished that, but the circumstances allowed me to have a chance, and at least I could contribute !

Grats to Pai on 2nd ! :2a:

Thanks to everyone who were such gentlemen and let the 3 of us by without even having to think about it. It was top notch awareness on your parts and made the race very safe.

Also to Gunny who could've pulled out in front of me at the end. I was a little peeved that I finally caught back up to you guy's after so many laps, and then spun again. However, with only 3 laps left I thought I better keep the pace up, you never know what might happen, and suprisingly, something did happen that let me take a podium for a change !

Sorry to see Boni out so early, watching the replay, it looked like Dan's race was doomed from the get go. If Danny didn't get into Boni, he would've been completely thrashed by Augusto anyway's, who was right behind him and going way too fast into T2 as well.

It's a crazy sight, and for Boni, a disappointing start to a race for sure.  :(

On to Rattlesnake !
Who Said : "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day, teach a man to feed a fish and round round we go !"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MRC GPC79 HOMEPAGE
SEASON 6 STANDINGS
MRC GPC79 LIVE TIMING
MRC GPC79 HOTLAPS

C.Ascari rFRacing License

Posted Image

#14 Larry_Sheehy

Larry_Sheehy

S4 MRC GPC79 CHAMPANZEE

• Mybroga
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Online Racing, cycling, hiking, all other outdoor activities and of course Family.

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:21 AM

Well I have to say it was looking like it was going to be a really exciting race at the beginning. I had Maxi and Gunny in front and back of me and I knew they would be really fast...then Gabs had been turning some super race times in practice so I figured I would have my hands full and more by qualifying P2. On the first lap everything looked pretty smooth..I was just chasing Maxi and Gunny was sticking right on my tail like expected. Then on L2 Maxi just took it in too deep on T1 and  I tried my best to stay low but I was coming in there pretty hard too. Maxi apparently lost it and I couldn't believe that he crossed back over and took out Gunny too :blink: So I found myself in the lead expecting someone else to make a charge but it was pretty obvious after a couple laps that Gabs had to have some damage. I actually got the fast lap of the race pretty early and was thinking I had that wrapped up then Gunny got it by a tenth or so. I tried once more to get it back but the tires were too far gone and I didn't want to screw up my big lead. Interesting Race for sure :beerchug:    Congrats to Gabs and CA!......You're secret plan to attack the Lotus's worked flawlessly. :AR15firing:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Adnan Dizdarevic

Adnan Dizdarevic

• Mybroga
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:36 AM

Interesting and satisfying race last night! I had some difficulties to find a speed I had during practice days. In last seconds of qualy, however, I could improove time that got me 8th place and was only few thents of my PB.
On Start having ears full of alfa romeo engines beside and behind me, I only was thinking to keep safe distance to cars up front, not miss the brake point and keep my line. Was anticipating that I will loose some position before exit on the long strait but hoped to get without damage out of start phase.
To my suprise both Brabham Alfas missed brake points and took a lotus in front quite hard. Couple minutes later I was aware that it was Boni, Daniel and Augusto.
So in second corner I lost almost all of main compatitors last night, as all 3 cars that got out along with me and Eric were getting very close times in qualy and in race warm up, promissing some very very close racing. So it was Eric and me left. But trust me Eric was enough for me last night. You dorove fantastic race Eric. I could not afford any mistakes. Gap was always between 5 and 10 seconds. I decided to stay conservative and and monitor the gap. At the times it fell under 6 seconds, I increased pace just to see if I can control the pace and the gap. It seeamed to work well but it was just matter of who from both of us will make mistake. It happens to be Eric which got me some 15 seconds lead some 12 laps before end. At that time I just decided to bring it home with no risk. This is the time when I finally lost contact to Gabe, Gunny and CA. I was wondering all race long why are they driving only some 4 - 6 seconds ahead of me. After reading Gabes race report I am not surprised anymore. :)
It was about time that I also manage some reasonable race result. It came on the track where I did not expect it, as strait was not long enough to take any advantage of strait line speed that renault should have. Unfortunatelly, fuel load and the wings that i need in order to be able do stay on the track with it are punishing my strait line speed. Nevertheless, I belong to guys that like this car and I do not want to give it away, so do not even think about taking my position in this team.  :P By the way, listening to spotter, I ended race with 20 liters left  :soapbox: Too much weight for sure that cost me some speed last night. He is not getting his bonus this time.
At the end Grats to Larry for superb driving and win, Gabe for miraculous 2 place with 3 wheel tyrrel (or was it wingless, do not remember while thiking about mine 5th place  ;) ) - just fantastic, as also to CA and Gunny for great fight. Also grats to Eric who hepled mine cardio vascular system get some quality practice time... Grats to all finishers.
Sorry for what happened to Daniel and Boni, two with no argument of the greatest gentleman racers we have... I can happen to anyone I guess...
Let us move to next one.

Adnan

P.S.
My hopes that under sim racers we also have some sim pilots that would shot down all the flying objects before race start last night did not become trough. Time to get some flying lessons myself!
Posted Image

#16 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:23 PM

It is nice to read full write up on everybody's race. It shines a whole new light on the race to hear about the battles and frustrations.
It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

#17 BoniPiket

BoniPiket

• Mybroga
  • 727 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:20 PM

"..The high pitched wail of the passing cars muffled what was being said as Boni Piket exited his cockpit from the turn 2 sand bunker, but track officials quickly jumped the tire wall to prevent any further altercations between the 3 drivers..."

...yeah...remember Hockenheim 1981?
I am Nelson Piquet and Daniel is Eliseo Salazar!!
Augusto is...is...well...he is Eliseo Salazar 2: The Mission!
:P

...those race resumes at our home page are the BEST part of the race (together with the videos!)!
..."Bo Disco Bo"...man, canīt stop laughing...
:lol:
Posted Image
Luiz De Boni

#18 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

View PostC.Ascari, on Jan 23 2009, 10:28 AM, said:

Posted Image

So, this is one of the so famous Pez dispensers?

:lol2:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:50 PM

I'm watching the replay, and I saw my touch with Maxi, exiting T2. BIG BIG sorryyyy :( my damaged car drifted to the outside and I couldn't bring it back and we touched, sending you into a spin. It wasn't in purpose at all, I tried to not block anybody throughout the race, just held my line and pushed all I could.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:03 PM

laughing?
have you been to one of my 'clubs'?   we have it all~  even the twinkle globe hanging from the ceiling :o
i'll send you a couple free tickets ;)
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

Sim Racing Links