Sebring Race Reports

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Syd Drake

Syd Drake

• ADC
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:51 AM

I've just finished my stint. Ten cars started, nine are still in the race. We're seventh. About midway through my stint one car spun me out and I hit the wall. I got some damage. But while I was looking in my f2 view to see who it was (pretty sure it was SFH #16) I went wide coming out of the last turn and hit the tires. I went into the pits to fix the damage, but we lost some 10 mph off the top speed. Probably a good idea to lower gear settings in your setups, especially 5th gear.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
Albert Einstein

#2 Oliver Carter #

Oliver Carter #

• ADC
  • 648 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 11:41 AM

What happened, i'm sitting in the pits, no one left on the track, everybody disco'ed??? :blink:

#3 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Albino

• Admin
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 11:42 AM

Seems over but no proper race end signaled ???

But you're disqualified :D

Between I was ready to take over :)
ADC FAQ
Bob Simpsons FAQ
Duisburg Ruhrort, Germany

#4 Oliver Carter #

Oliver Carter #

• ADC
  • 648 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 11:47 AM

I just learned on Wosec forum that they stopped the race after 6th hour. That's why all cars disco'ed.
I was running really well considering damaged engine. After I took over from Syd I was in the 53's, but then after my first stop the car became faster, it was a long stop and appearantly mechanics fixed some damage. I was doing regular 1.50-51 after that, and I made no mistakes through out my stint. :clap:

Edited by Oliver Carter #, 26 August 2006 - 12:07 PM.

#5 Oliver Carter #

Oliver Carter #

• ADC
  • 648 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:04 PM

I don't know our place at the end but I lost 1 lap to the leaders at most. Congrats everyone for the race, great job!
:beerchug:  :gpler:  
Where can I find race results of wosec races? I suppose it shouldn't be dificult to post them. :huh:
I saw that Kieron's hillcrest were among the entries but they haven't showed up. Overall ,small field(10), I think that's why they shortened the race.

#6 Tom Studans

Tom Studans

• ADC
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 03:14 PM

Yeah the turnout was disappointing to say the least.

#7 Kieron

Kieron

Mountain Biking Eedjut!!

• ADC
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Sim racing, motor sport.

Posted 27 August 2006 - 10:58 AM

View PostOliver Carter #, on Aug 26 2006, 06:04 PM, said:

.............I saw that Kieron's hillcrest were among the entries but they haven't showed up. Overall ,small field(10), I think that's why they shortened the race.

Yeah we planned to race and enter one car seeing as it was a long one. I wasn't available for the start as I've started riding with the local Mountain Biking club, but I was going to do the last 3 hour stint when I was back.

But before the race a driver failed to show for some reason, so the other lads decided they didn't want to do 9 hours between them so they didn't start. Which is fair enough :D

Grats on finishing Guys  :beerchug:
Posted Image
GPL Rank -42.77
MOG Rank -189.45
(Done and dusted)

Get my GPL Track Cams from GPL Addicts site

#8 James Legault

James Legault

• ADC Admins
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:35 PM

Nice going guys!   :clap:

There's 2 more races scheduled before Le Mans on November 25: Brands Hatch and Riverside.  Hopefully the turnout will be better.   :blink:
Ladies and gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice!

#9 Syd Drake

Syd Drake

• ADC
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:10 AM

So...where are results and championship standings posted? I just can't find them.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
Albert Einstein

#10 Kieron

Kieron

Mountain Biking Eedjut!!

• ADC
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Sim racing, motor sport.

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:44 PM

To be honest Syd, I've never seen a proper points Standing table. The last one I saw I think one of the SFH Guys did it, and I think that was after the 2nd race :s.
Posted Image
GPL Rank -42.77
MOG Rank -189.45
(Done and dusted)

Get my GPL Track Cams from GPL Addicts site

Sim Racing Links