• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 James Legault

James Legault

• ADC Admins
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 05:11 PM

I'd better make sure that I still have the GTP mod installed.   :D

As I recall, it is pretty easy to loose a gear, especially when down-shifting.  I learned to be very deliberate with all my shifting.

OK, the install still works.  I totally forgotten how to drive these cars though.   :blink:   Good thing I've got 6 weeks to get ready...
Ladies and gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice!

#22 Anthony Petakas

Anthony Petakas

• ADC
  • 396 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:12 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about losing a gear in a 45 min race unless you get into a bad wreck. I ran a few practice races at Kyalami driving very aggressively (no lifting on upshifts) and, according to Nascar Replay Analyzer (now available free), there was no damage at all and no missing gears. From what I recall, the 69 car lost 3rd gear at the 3hr mark at Spa and RA.  Remember to keep your ratios close so that you don't lose more than 1000 rpm on upshifts.

Ant

#23 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:15 PM

Hi :)

I guess the problem with the gearbox is very much a random thing. though if you speed-shift you have more chances for it to happen, even using moderate damage.
Just do not speed-shift as long as you donīt need it, and everything will be ok :)

btw, do not forget to upload your cars in time guys !!  :gpler:
AP

#24 mogwai

mogwai

• ADC
  • 950 posts
  • Interests:iRacing, long format Sportcar racing

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:03 PM

Fellas - I was driving the Sauber for the KYalami race - thought about switching to the Jag for a good change, but am not sure.

What do you guys think of this?

mog

#25 James Legault

James Legault

• ADC Admins
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 04:04 PM

Matters not to me.  What about the paint job?  Isn't it specific to each marque?

#26 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:41 PM

View PostJames Legault, on Oct 17 2007, 10:04 PM, said:

Matters not to me.  What about the paint job?  Isn't it specific to each marque?

No, there are no limitations about paintings, so any scheme would be ok. Personally, I always preferred real life schemes when itīs possoble. I have many RL based paintings in stock, so to speak, so if you would want any of them, let me know your preferences and I will see what I can find in my HD :)

View Postmogwai, on Oct 17 2007, 09:03 PM, said:

Fellas - I was driving the Sauber for the KYalami race - thought about switching to the Jag for a good change, but am not sure.

mog

I drove the Sauber in the past and I always liked the Jaguar more than the Panzer. I think it is more, letīs say, user-friendly and forgiving imo, though I must say this could be due to my driving style, if I have any :D

Edited by Arturo Pereira, 17 October 2007 - 07:42 PM.

AP

#27 James Legault

James Legault

• ADC Admins
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:16 PM

View Postmogwai, on Oct 17 2007, 04:03 PM, said:

mog

Hey Tracy, I'd better get my act together for this!  What are we driving and do I need new skins?  And if you have a setup for Road America....?   :)

#28 mogwai

mogwai

• ADC
  • 950 posts
  • Interests:iRacing, long format Sportcar racing

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:55 PM

JL - I missed the race at Neva Ring so am set to race at Mexico.  Still in the Sauber and still driving the same ADC paints.  I've been in the #69 car so if you want to take #67, I think that'd be fine.  

No setup for RA yet, but i'm still digging a bit.

mog

#29 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:27 PM

So are we dead in the water on this or what, fellas?  I've just re-installed GTP after a year in limbo and am appreciating just how good it is.

#30 Jim Carvalho

Jim Carvalho

• ADC
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:02 PM

Is it difficult to setup a server for GTP? I wouldn't mind giving it a shot for a little informal sprint race if anyone is interested. Not sure if my isp will "allow" it.

Jim
"The best dividends on the labor invested have invariably come from seeking more knowledge rather than more power." Wilbur and Orville Wright.

#31 James Legault

James Legault

• ADC Admins
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:13 PM

I really like this mod but if I'm honest with myself, I'm afraid I just don't have time to become mildly competent at it, let alone competitive.  GTL gets most of my attention (what little I can give it) and I just can't make time for more right now.    :(

#32 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:49 AM

Guys,

AtlasF1 will race the last event of the current season on March 3rd. We will plan next season from then on and I guess that Season 7 will start before the end of that month.

If somebody is interested, send me a PM. I will be away on vacations in February, but I will answer the PM asap :)

About setting up a server for GTP, I donīt know, but we have a very good server and it will be there for the time being.
AP

Sim Racing Links