6 replies to this topic

#1 David Fletcher

David Fletcher

ADC Founder

• ADC Admins
  • 6,220 posts
  • Interests:SimRacing

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:31 PM

From what I can tell, I believe they're going to use the 2006 version of this track for this event. Figures, with one week to go they're still changing things. Typical WOSEC organization (or lack thereof). Look for the thread here:

http://www.wosec.co....p?showtopic=105

Bear in mind the track itself is in the first post, but there are some graphic updates among the 8 pages of the thread. Not many, but a couple.

Fletch
"In racing as in life, you're either in someone's way, or they're in yours..."

#2 Tom Studans

Tom Studans

• ADC
  • 313 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:40 AM

The author in the thread says that the FINAL version should be released tomorrow, so maybe hold off on downloading until then. :)

#3 James Legault

James Legault

• ADC Admins
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 07:31 PM

The final version is here... (we hope!)  

LeMans 2006

The groove is fixed and after running 5 laps, I didn't notice any issues except that the server ini and track ini don't match.  I get the pit stall message when entering and I don't see a new ini at WOSEC yet.
Ladies and gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice!

#4 Tom Studans

Tom Studans

• ADC
  • 313 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 09:25 PM

So...laptimes? I did a 3:34 last night after a few laps, was doing 3:33s last year, so that sounds about right with the slower Dunlop chicane. I'm using a Greger Huttu setup, I'll post it later on. :)

EDIT: Did a new PB of 3:32.5 just then, it was a sloppy lap as well, so I must be doing something right. :banana:

Here's the setup, I was using the GH one, but this one has more rear camber which makes the back end a bit more stable (at least I think that's how it works  :blink: ). 36 degrees wing, topping out at 212mph before the first chicane.  :)

Attached Files

Edited by Tom Studans, 18 November 2006 - 11:15 PM.

#5 Mark Casey

Mark Casey

Mr. Nobody

• ADC
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:01 AM

I'm anticipating the arrival in the next day or so, of a set of 'Advantage1' pedals which will miraculously and immediately elevate me into alien status.....
Failing this I'm hoping my memory of the previous go-round is enough to carry the day hehe.
O.K. John. So...when ARE we gonna cut and run??

#6 catty

catty

Trevor Catt

• ADC
  • 660 posts
  • Interests:Arsenal football club, Cricket ,Sim Racing and Walking

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:56 AM

View PostMark Casey, on Nov 19 2006, 10:01 AM, said:

I'm anticipating the arrival in the next day or so, of a set of 'Advantage1' pedals which will miraculously and immediately elevate me into alien status.....

Mark.
         I shall await with eager anticipation to watch your times tumble:P
Good luck with the new pedals I am sure that they will make racing more pleasurable

Trevor :beerchug:

#7 Mark Casey

Mark Casey

Mr. Nobody

• ADC
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:12 PM

View Postcatty, on Nov 21 2006, 08:56 AM, said:

Mark.
         I shall await with eager anticipation to watch your times tumble:P
Good luck with the new pedals I am sure that they will make racing more pleasurable

Trevor :beerchug:
Cheers Trev, although with one day to go they have still not arrived hehe...and I'm hoping my dodgy ISP connection gets fixed today too.
O.K. John. So...when ARE we gonna cut and run??

Sim Racing Links