Wosec Season Is Over And Gtp Too, It Seems...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 James Legault

James Legault

• ADC Admins
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:28 PM

http://www.wosec.co....i...p;f=1&t=148

There will be no Riverside race and maybe no Le Mans in GTP.  Gareth is thinking of running an rFactor Le Mans, but nothing is firm yet.

In any event, it looks like the demise of Red Line's GTP is at hand.  It certainly filled a niche in its day.  The ability to do endurance races with driver changes was a welcome feature and I really enjoyed running these few races with you gentlemen (when we weren't getting wrecked, anyway...).

I'll keep watching the WOSEC forum and if a GTP Le Mans happens, you'll be the first to know.   :)
Ladies and gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice!

#2 RaceFreek

RaceFreek

Chuck Curtis

• ADC
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:42 PM

View PostJames Legault, on Oct 25 2006, 11:28 PM, said:

http://www.wosec.co....i...p;f=1&t=148

There will be no Riverside race and maybe no Le Mans in GTP.  Gareth is thinking of running an rFactor Le Mans, but nothing is firm yet.

In any event, it looks like the demise of Red Line's GTP is at hand.  It certainly filled a niche in its day.  The ability to do endurance races with driver changes was a welcome feature and I really enjoyed running these few races with you gentlemen (when we weren't getting wrecked, anyway...).

I'll keep watching the WOSEC forum and if a GTP Le Mans happens, you'll be the first to know.   :)

One way or another I hope that we get a 24h race Le Mans. This is a very sad thing indeed.

Chuck
Anger is one leter short of Danger

#3 David Fletcher

David Fletcher

ADC Founder

• ADC Admins
  • 6,220 posts
  • Interests:SimRacing

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:08 AM

I realize I've been a non-participant in our WOSEC endeavors due to time constraints, but I did enjoy and was looking forward to the LeMans event.  Quite sad that it may not be held; please do let us know if that changes.

But more importantly, the ringing of a death knell for GTP itself is very disturbing. It is a great sim (well, mod), and I believe due to the iRacing/NR2K3 furor upon it's release, it was never given a completely proper chance to succeed. A tragedy in simracing circles, IMHO.

Fletch
"In racing as in life, you're either in someone's way, or they're in yours..."

#4 Kieron

Kieron

Mountain Biking Eedjut!!

• ADC
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Sim racing, motor sport.

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:32 PM

Totally agree there David. The GTP mod is an awesome piece of work, but due to a couple of things going on when it got released it never got the attention it deserved. I'm sure if it was released a year sooner the mod would have been huge..

It's a bugger to hear that about WOSEC too. It's been a great league to race in but it's not been perfect, but then again what has :). Bit surprised about the drop in entries but I must admit I've lost interest in it a bit over the past few races.

I do think switching to RFactor will bump up the numbers though. Not got a clue about the sim myself, but if it can handle driver swaps and with it being pretty popular with gamers I guess WOSEC will go from strength to strength.
Posted Image
GPL Rank -42.77
MOG Rank -189.45
(Done and dusted)

Get my GPL Track Cams from GPL Addicts site

#5 RaceFreek

RaceFreek

Chuck Curtis

• ADC
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 03:03 PM

GTP is not dead I foun this while looking around and they use the GTP mod. http://sscarace.com/ Go and check it out they have a 24 hr at Le Mans too. :)

Chuck
Anger is one leter short of Danger

#6 Stelvio

Stelvio

• ADC
  • 521 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 05:27 PM

I just received a email from Gareth announcing the 24Hr Race at LeMans is still on! Ok guys are we in? I'd love to drive there again if ADC is fielding another team or two.  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

Claro
Posted Image
Claro Palma

#7 Mark Casey

Mark Casey

Mr. Nobody

• ADC
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 05:37 PM

I may give it another shot...if only to redeem my reputation after being the mug sitting behind the wheel when the motor detonated last time hehe.
O.K. John. So...when ARE we gonna cut and run??

#8 David Fletcher

David Fletcher

ADC Founder

• ADC Admins
  • 6,220 posts
  • Interests:SimRacing

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:51 PM

Yes, I received Gareth's email today too. I'm in, if we're going to enter.

Fletch
"In racing as in life, you're either in someone's way, or they're in yours..."

#9 James Legault

James Legault

• ADC Admins
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:32 AM

Let's do it!   :banana:
Ladies and gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice!

#10 Anthony Petakas

Anthony Petakas

• ADC
  • 396 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:40 PM

I'm in. Please save me a spot in the 69 car.  :)

Thanks
Ant

Sim Racing Links