Sim Racers To Compete In Race Of Champions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zzbusch1

zzbusch1

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

Five of the world’s fastest sim racers will get the chance to race head-to-head against real-world racing legends at the Race Of Champions next month.

https://www.motorspo...insider_edition
racecar is racecar spelled backward

#2 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:29 AM

How do those guys get chosen from Assetto Corsa, pCARS, etc? Is it from game stats collected by the AC guys? Or do they apply?

I have driven pCARS and AC. Both seem undriveable on the edge. GPL is driveable on the edge. Maybe I didn't spend enough time, or any real time, setting up the cars in pCARS and AC.. maybe that was the issue. Anyone else feel this way about pCARS and AC? Has anyone spent time with the them and worked on setups?

Eric
oAo - Heavy Metal Racing - Division1, group4

#3 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

• Members
  • 1,575 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:04 AM

Haven't done pCARS and/or AC (yet), so can't give an opinion.

On a sidenote I remember with the McLaren competition the emphasis wasn't at one's speed or consistency, but arguably more the physical qualities and how one did present himself to the media etc. (marketing). I wasn't on the inside but surely think Huttu or Huis deserved it more than van Buren based on their sheer simracing qualities. But arguably Rudy had more charisma and better physique. I might be wrong tho.

Anyhow Greger Huttu is still the greatest simracer of all time, based on all his online achievements the last 20 years with different sims. :)

Edited by Robert Fleurke, 07 January 2018 - 11:05 AM.

Sim Racing Links