Zero Degree Racing Team Leader

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:01 PM

As of today, i have made the decision - a first in oAo - to ban Gabriele Maruca.
It remains to be seen what the team will do. they are welcome to continue -

the drivers that made up the team, were given the option to continue racing as the team, select a new TL, or disband and race as privateers.
all 3 chose to race as privateers, they will have the ability to join races same as all privateers, that being the lowest (now 5 privateers) on drivers standings page.

Gabriele has been invited to re-apply to the league should he change his manner of discussing the league, its rules, Stewards and myself.
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#2 Gabriele Maruca

Gabriele Maruca

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:41 AM

I officially request the team's logo, the team itself and my name and likeness to be removed from the oAo site.
I've already sent you an e-mail about this, the League is on vacation, SO FIX IT.
"Keep calm and go flat out!"

#3 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:39 AM

excuse me Mr.Maruca, but no such email has been received, nor is there any indication of such in spam folder or junk email.
please send again - or if this post suffices, i will make your requested adjustments in due time -  again, you're inability to communicate like a gentleman astounds me.
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:

#4 Gabriele Maruca

Gabriele Maruca

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:44 AM

You're lying, since I've sent to xxx, which is your only known account.
Stop trying to skirt your way around things, you old coot.

No, I'm not a gentleman with liars and frauds, that should've been duly noted since the very first time.

#5 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:15 AM

i have in the past received email from you to the address you listed - but the last email i got from you was 1-June... welcoming our newest driver.
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:

#6 Gabriele Maruca

Gabriele Maruca

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:36 AM

View PostBo Bruce, on 17 June 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

i have in the past received email from you to the address you listed - but the last email i got from you was 1-June... welcoming our newest driver.

Then call up Comcast.
Either that, or you're lying skills are worse than Stefano Casillo's from Kunos, since I've sent you an e-mail yesterday at 5 past midnight and one today at 16:48 because you said you didn't get it.

#7 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:17 PM

just checked.... nothing -  in my inbox, from my normal email.. but per your suggestion, i went to Comcast/email and there they are (2) duplicate emails of content, and both in SPAM.
so see?
as if i have any reason to lie to you (or anyone)

but tell me please, why so belligerent? so aggressive a tone?

yes, YOU were banned but not the team (ZDR)  i gave the drivers each the option to stay, to stay and take over as TL or leave and race as privateers. for record keeping purposes, i normally will keep such affiliations - history of oAo, drivers, teams etc.
your NAME and image do belong to you, altho legally, i suspect having joined oAo you relinquish some of that ownership as it relates to the league. however, since you asked so politely, i will delete your image.

thanks for resending the email and suggesting i check w/comcast!
now, please, go away and leave me alone :D
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:

#8 Gabriele Maruca

Gabriele Maruca

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 03:11 PM

View PostBo Bruce, on 17 June 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

just checked.... nothing -  in my inbox, from my normal email.. but per your suggestion, i went to Comcast/email and there they are (2) duplicate emails of content, and both in SPAM.
so see?
as if i have any reason to lie to you (or anyone)

but tell me please, why so belligerent? so aggressive a tone?

Well, just read back all the mailing between us two and the fact that you've made me pass for a delusional idiot. You know, things that make people belligerent.

View PostBo Bruce, on 17 June 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

"your NAME and image do belong to you, altho legally, i suspect having joined oAo you relinquish some of that ownership as it relates to the league. however, since you asked so politely, i will delete your image."

Isn't this your site's privacy policy? Please, tell me where I did sign to relinquinsh even in part my rights.

"Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available in our footer and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.

Log files are maintained and analysed of all requests for files on this website's web servers. Log files do not capture personal information but do capture the user's IP address, which is automatically recognised by our web servers.

Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.

Cookies
This website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission. Any cookies that may be used by this website are used either solely on a per session basis or to maintain user preferences. Cookies are not shared with any third parties."

Damn, seems like NONE. So, pick up and delete all of it.
Yes, this includes not only my face and name, but also the logo of the team itself.

Oh, about the team, Yannick, Roberto and Tristan decided to disband everything and turn privateer.

I'll leave you alone when you fix it.

#9 bobho-in

bobho-in

Old Fart

• Members
  • 997 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Yoga

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:44 AM

this barrage of nonsense from Gabrielle is ridiculous.   I have known Bo through the league and through personal contact for close to 20 years.  I have never had any hint of a reason to call him a liar.  
The league owes Gabriele nothing and he owes everyone here an apology for his behavior.
Many people dream of success. To me success can only be achieved through repeated failure and introspection.
Soichiro Honda

#10 DDodge

DDodge

• ADC
  • 1,573 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Dual Purpose motorbikes, Sailing, Tennis, Dakar, Pets, my Mini Cooper S

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:18 PM

Same here, Bob.
Confuscious say: "War not determine who right, war determine who left."

#11 Claudio Pablo Navonne

Claudio Pablo Navonne

• Members
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:13 PM

I've read what Gabriele has written, and it left me speechless. I've been lucky enough to have known Bruce for over 10 years, and the great joy of knowing him personally ("him and his lovely wife"). He also opened the doors of his home to my wife and me (and my parents too). So I was very hurt by the writing. Bruce has my full support, and this league is made up of good people, let's keep it that way.
Member of AtlasF1 GPL/NR2003/Mods/etc.

#12 Andrew Hutchinson

Andrew Hutchinson

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 05:37 PM

I've no idea why Bo has been so good to me personally and, equally, no idea what came over Gabriele. It's too bad... he was given every opportunity to make things better for himself. It is like he wanted to type more than drive. It's obviously nothing that Bo did and it was handled as well as could be... just one of those things.

#13 zzbusch1

zzbusch1

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:00 PM

I've known Bo for over 20 years of Sim Racing, and know he's without reproach. A fine example of a human.  I personally feel bad for him to have to take such abuse.
racecar is racecar spelled backward

#14 Gabriele Maruca

Gabriele Maruca

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:20 PM

Seems like everyone in here is good enough to tuck in their own balls and follow what the leader says.

Shall we talk about the fact that you, Bob, are BOTH A COMMISSIONER AND A DRIVER? How can anyone trust your judgement? Bo offered me a place in there too, but I turned it down because I don't want to be a clown: I either drive or judge.
Or, Andrew, shall we speak about the stolen podium and the doble penalization in D1 because of an australian dimwit that tells everyone to fix its own line when, as a matter of fact, his ping is consistently 400+, making him effectively unpassable?
Again, Bob, how is this a barrage of nonsense, when per US and EU Laws, I'm legally in my right to ask and obtain the removal of every info of mine in the server once the ban has taken place?

Now, please, ponder on those questions and ask yourselves: "Is he really the abuser here or we've played on too much and his fuse has ended?"

But then again, I've said that after fixing the issue I'd have took my leave, so...

Posted Image

Edited by Gabriele Maruca, 19 June 2018 - 02:58 PM.

#15 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:39 PM

Gabriel - your a looney.
oAo - Heavy Metal Racing - Division1, group4

#16 snafu

snafu

• Members
  • 977 posts
  • Interests:GPL
    F2B (Control Line aerobatic model aircraft).
    Motorcycles
    Crown Green bowling

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:07 PM

Posted Image
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable. Choose any 2.

Beat it to fit, paint it to match..

1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced.
Look closely at 3 of your closest friends. If they seem OK it's probably you.

#17 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:31 PM

What makes the furor surrounding Gabe's banishment so depressing for me is the realization of how difficult it is to bridge generational gaps. I'd guess that the median age of drivers in this league is 50 or more. Is Gabe even half that? The very nature of youth implies a struggle to attain mastery over your faculties and temper. You're not born with impulse control or anger management skills. You learn them by your willingness to charge into a snake-infested swamp in the middle of the night with only a K-bar knife. The very qualities that have always made young men of Gabe's age magnificent soldiers preclude them from being great diplomats. Living in a constant state of Defcon 1 is not an old man's game.

Bo's motto for oAo  is "A league that is about more than 'just' showing up to race." That's obvious to me and my generational cohort. The race takes an hour, but the skills of patience, dedication, teamwork, and courtesy take a lifetime to acquire. Is any of this obvious to a millennial? I wonder, even with a kid as uniquely talented as Gabe is. I don't mean talented on the track, unless you think two finishes in sixteen starts shows promise. No, I mean someone who brings real enthusiasm, humor, and imagination to the table, who speaks better English than half the native-speakers on the forum, and who seems utterly at peace with his hair permanently on fire. He's an incendiary personality, for sure, one who's clearly adept at burning bridges.

I wrote an email to him when this shit first hit the fan, counseling him to step back for a while, calm down, hire a privateer to fill his spot at Spa, and reapply for the second half of the season. Assure Bo that the past is really past. I haven't heard back from him. That doesn't surprise me. I was so much like him at that age that it's positively eerie. I wouldn't have responded to me either. What a shame. I imagine fixing things like this is like GPL: if it were easy, anyone could do it.

#18 snafu

snafu

• Members
  • 977 posts
  • Interests:GPL
    F2B (Control Line aerobatic model aircraft).
    Motorcycles
    Crown Green bowling

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:41 AM

Hi Bob,
As you're not a Troll (Although you may live under a bridge) :D . . . .

What you say is largely true and I guess we have all been through the "Angry Young Man" stage in our lives in the slow transition to "Boring old Fart".  The big difference here is  almost anyone who can type is able to insult/slander  anyone they choose with very little fear of repercussion other than being excluded from the community. For all my forthright views as a young man If I had behaved this way in the 1960's or 70's in a none virtual world it would have been face to face with the target of my anger and it would probably have resulted in bloodshed long before we got to this stage.  

I also had hoped there could be some reconciliation and while I don't think the responsibility of a team leader role for such a new oAo member was a good choice in retrospect, bridges can always be rebuilt but targeted attacks on members of the community can never be condoned or allowed to continue. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been deleted and is even still open (I thought it had been locked).

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable. Choose any 2.

Beat it to fit, paint it to match..

1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced.
Look closely at 3 of your closest friends. If they seem OK it's probably you.

#19 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:27 AM

Wasn't this topic locked?

Good points guys.
It's hard for us who grew up pre-digital age to comprehend that some of the things we rely on to orient ourselves to the world are either non-existent or modified for those who have only known the digital world. I am referring to John's point of being able to treat someone horribly because they are not in front of you to pound your face in for saying such things. The level of narcissism that can be achieved by the common man has never been possible before in human history. Having access to a video camera 24/7 your entire life. Imagine the stuff kids are doing with cameras.... on second thought, let's not.
I'm not necessarily talking about Gabriel here, just chiming in on John's point.

Eric
oAo - Heavy Metal Racing - Division1, group4

#20 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:39 AM

it was locked, as i thought John's comments were a fitting closure. but it was suggested that maybe not everyone had a chance to comment, or reply. so i unlocked it for now.
deleting a thread is something i prefer not to do if at all within the bounds, for historic reasons. if that makes any sense :P
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:

Sim Racing Links