Zero Degree Racing Team Leader

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#21 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:28 PM

Well, I mean, really, now...  Tsk, tsk...  I didn't post earlier as I regarded this as simply a rant gone ballistic with precious little in the way of substance.  Futile and vexatious simply for the Hell of it.

To my mind, Bo is just like a farmer.  Outstanding in his field.  ;)

#22 D_J

D_J

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:36 PM

Haha , well said..

Edited by D_J, 21 June 2018 - 04:38 PM.

#23 Gabriele Maruca

Gabriele Maruca

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:02 AM

View PostEFulghum, on 21 June 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

Wasn't this topic locked?

Good points guys.
It's hard for us who grew up pre-digital age to comprehend that some of the things we rely on to orient ourselves to the world are either non-existent or modified for those who have only known the digital world. I am referring to John's point of being able to treat someone horribly because they are not in front of you to pound your face in for saying such things. The level of narcissism that can be achieved by the common man has never been possible before in human history. Having access to a video camera 24/7 your entire life. Imagine the stuff kids are doing with cameras.... on second thought, let's not.
I'm not necessarily talking about Gabriel here, just chiming in on John's point.

Eric

View PostEFulghum, on 19 June 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

Gabriel - your a looney.

Eric, you say I'm a looney and a narcissist, but you don't take into account a simple thing: I actually have the balls and willing to come down right there in Coddly-fornia and tell to your face that you're a schizophrenic idiot. Just because there's this thing in Southern Italy, where we actually are taught to not talk shit to people unless you are prepared to take the responsibility for it and are willing to say it again live.
Why are you schizophrenic? Because you can't be possibly trying to be reasonable and writing down a short essay on "Oh, these children nowadays don't have any morals and are all engrossed in themselves" (So rich to hear from someone that lives in the State with the highest concentration of TV/movie/music young stars and camwhores in all of the planet and is the butt of every joke on this spinning orb), when going down the same path and calling people looneys.
Also, nice grammar there, Orwell: what's the next lesson? The difference in "Doing good" and "Doing well"?

View PostPepe Higdon, on 20 June 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

What makes the furor surrounding Gabe's banishment so depressing for me is the realization of how difficult it is to bridge generational gaps. I'd guess that the median age of drivers in this league is 50 or more. Is Gabe even half that? The very nature of youth implies a struggle to attain mastery over your faculties and temper. You're not born with impulse control or anger management skills. You learn them by your willingness to charge into a snake-infested swamp in the middle of the night with only a K-bar knife. The very qualities that have always made young men of Gabe's age magnificent soldiers preclude them from being great diplomats. Living in a constant state of Defcon 1 is not an old man's game.

Bo's motto for oAo  is "A league that is about more than 'just' showing up to race." That's obvious to me and my generational cohort. The race takes an hour, but the skills of patience, dedication, teamwork, and courtesy take a lifetime to acquire. Is any of this obvious to a millennial? I wonder, even with a kid as uniquely talented as Gabe is. I don't mean talented on the track, unless you think two finishes in sixteen starts shows promise. No, I mean someone who brings real enthusiasm, humor, and imagination to the table, who speaks better English than half the native-speakers on the forum, and who seems utterly at peace with his hair permanently on fire. He's an incendiary personality, for sure, one who's clearly adept at burning bridges.

I wrote an email to him when this shit first hit the fan, counseling him to step back for a while, calm down, hire a privateer to fill his spot at Spa, and reapply for the second half of the season. Assure Bo that the past is really past. I haven't heard back from him. That doesn't surprise me. I was so much like him at that age that it's positively eerie. I wouldn't have responded to me either. What a shame. I imagine fixing things like this is like GPL: if it were easy, anyone could do it.

Pepe, problem is I've been writing mails to every single damn privateer multiple times to fill in for Yannick at first, then Tristan, then me. In short, all I got in return were crickets singing every single time.
In the meantime, the drivers decided to disband everything: I can't really fault them, a team without a TL is pretty much like an headless chicken, but I've tried to tell them to at least have Tristan or Yannick call the shots until we solved everything, but nobody felt like picking up my slack. Again, it's not their fault and I'm not throwing them under the bus.
With you being a lawyer, I'm sure the difference between a ban and a suspension from something should be quite clear: since I've been banned, this means I've been expunged from the oAo's records for good, my results are null and void. Now, since my expulsion is in effect (even with a possibility for re-entry), it isn't too farfetched to ask the complete removal of my photos, my name and my works from the site until everything is fixed or properly defined: it's a standard practice in even the forumfree forums. All I did was ask to remove my photos, name and works from the site, since it's a right of mine under both US and EU laws and its the oAo's obligation under the same laws.

Also, all of this mess, this thread's mess came about when I've explicitly told Bo to check his e-mail and his response was "I didn't get anything". You know why I know he was lying his ass off? Because I always click on "Sent a message when the recipient has read the message" and "Send a message when the recipient has received the message" in Outlook 2016. So no, the "It was in SPAM" excuse doesn't work on me because -surprise surprise!- I got BOTH every time I wrote to him.

Finally, thanks for the compliments. Although I might just be your past self coming back from the 70's. *chuckles*

Edited by Gabriele Maruca, 22 June 2018 - 06:46 AM.

"Keep calm and go flat out!"

#24 EFulghum

EFulghum

• Members
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:54 AM

Gabriel,
I said you were a looney. I did not say you were a narcissist. My last sentence was meant to clarify that, "I'm not necessarily talking about Gabriel here, just chiming in on John's point".

As I do not live in Southern Italy, I would not be aware of things you are taught. And again, my last sentence should have clarified I was speaking in general, not necessarily aimed at you.

Because one lives in a location does not mean one adheres to or believes in everything that goes on in that location. California is a looney state. That's why I don't live there anymore. I live in Tennessee.

I think you prove you are a looney if you are willing to spend the money and time to travel half way around the world to settle some silly dispute over words exchanged online. Not to mention, this all stems from another dispute that could have been worked out in a civil manner, as all previous have been.

your - you're... it got the point across either way.
Eric
oAo - Heavy Metal Racing - Division1, group4

#25 Andrew Hutchinson

Andrew Hutchinson

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:13 AM

Nope Gabe,

Neither Tristan, nor yourself, nor any of your former teammates contacted me at any point. I'm a privateer. I've noted as much in the great majority of my post race comments with the intent to score rides here and there as the grid tightens. I do check my inboxes quite regularly. You must be mistaken or perhaps contacted all privateers but one.

The problem you had stems from the fact that you were incapable of finishing and continually damaged your cars. It is why you were broke last year and contributed greatly to the issues at ZDR this season. When your team faltered you should have been grabbing eight coins in a Honda or similar and instead you were wiping out in a Ferrari. Bad driving , bad choices. You then took the perfectly reasonable approach of crapping on everyone and everything in sight. Funnily enough that didn't make things better and on and on until you found yourself on the end of the boot.

I would not be surprised if the other privateers (those that you contacted) saw the writing on the wall and decided to do something else. Who could blame them? That said I'm still surprised you didn't contact me. And I check my spam daily. Oh well...

Cheers,

Andrew

#26 Gabriele Maruca

Gabriele Maruca

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:04 AM

View PostEFulghum, on 22 June 2018 - 08:54 AM, said:

Gabriel,
I said you were a looney. I did not say you were a narcissist. My last sentence was meant to clarify that, "I'm not necessarily talking about Gabriel here, just chiming in on John's point".

As I do not live in Southern Italy, I would not be aware of things you are taught. And again, my last sentence should have clarified I was speaking in general, not necessarily aimed at you.

Because one lives in a location does not mean one adheres to or believes in everything that goes on in that location. California is a looney state. That's why I don't live there anymore. I live in Tennessee.

I think you prove you are a looney if you are willing to spend the money and time to travel half way around the world to settle some silly dispute over words exchanged online. Not to mention, this all stems from another dispute that could have been worked out in a civil manner, as all previous have been.

your - you're... it got the point across either way.
Eric

Eric Fulghum, champion extraordinnaire of looking like an idiot even when trying to prove his own point.
Sure, it wasn't necessarily aimed at me, but hey, you made a sweeping statement THAT INCLUDES ME IN IT and, while trying to refute my counter-point, you assumed I was literally ascribing your personal politics to the State you live in with no possible sentence supporting so, thus looking like even bigger a moron.

Also, my dear Shirley, did ever hear of this thing... is called METAPHOR. You should look into it. Pretty useful to make a point.

Maybe you and Tennessee are a match made in Heaven, since the State is known for drunk drivers and illiteracy: can't say for the first, but the second you've proven with flying colours.

View PostAndrew Hutchinson, on 22 June 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

Nope Gabe,

Neither Tristan, nor yourself, nor any of your former teammates contacted me at any point. I'm a privateer. I've noted as much in the great majority of my post race comments with the intent to score rides here and there as the grid tightens. I do check my inboxes quite regularly. You must be mistaken or perhaps contacted all privateers but one.

The problem you had stems from the fact that you were incapable of finishing and continually damaged your cars. It is why you were broke last year and contributed greatly to the issues at ZDR this season. When your team faltered you should have been grabbing eight coins in a Honda or similar and instead you were wiping out in a Ferrari. Bad driving , bad choices. You then took the perfectly reasonable approach of crapping on everyone and everything in sight. Funnily enough that didn't make things better and on and on until you found yourself on the end of the boot.

I would not be surprised if the other privateers (those that you contacted) saw the writing on the wall and decided to do something else. Who could blame them? That said I'm still surprised you didn't contact me. And I check my spam daily. Oh well...

Cheers,

Andrew

First of all, I've badly damaged my cars two times in the whole season, because I had the decency to stop them when the race was going out of the window. Of this, everybody can see.
About the Ferrari, you absolute dimwit of a retard, if you ask Roberto, Yannick and Tristan they can easily tell you that I've always assigned the cars... ON WHAT THEY WANTED TO FUCKING DRIVE. Roberto liked the Honda more and, as a matter of fact, continued asking it to me even after Bo cubed and scrapped it. Yannick and Tristan wanted a more competitive car, so I bought it to them, I want my team to have all the tools to succeed, you retard, and since I was still adjusting myself to the wheel inputs I decided for the prudent policy of "DON'T FUCKING BEND IT".
The explosion was about Yannick and Tristan getting royally fucked in the arse with not a single reason to support such anal gangbang: now, if that's shitting on everyone and everything in sight (when everything I've wrote points to THE FUCKING OPPOSITE since I've given my scorching rethoric to Bo, the RCs and the Australian dimwit) well, call me Taco Tuesday.

Also... what is this? A mail... CONTACTING YOU? BEFORE ALL OF THIS SHITSHOW EVEN STARTED? WHAAA?

https://drive.google...r7W5Hp9VQIw1uQY

https://youtu.be/oU7rqB9E_0M?t=1m43s

Edited by Gabriele Maruca, 22 June 2018 - 11:22 AM.

#27 Andrew Hutchinson

Andrew Hutchinson

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:30 AM

I didn't get the Division 2 portion of your response, but I take your point;)

Still waiting for that Spa67 offer to turn up.

In any event I think it is clear you don't like us very much and we don't have much time for you. Best of luck.

Cheers,

Andrew

#28 Gabriele Maruca

Gabriele Maruca

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:41 AM

View PostAndrew Hutchinson, on 22 June 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

I didn't get the Division 2 portion of your response, but I take your point;)

Still waiting for that Spa67 offer to turn up.

In any event I think it is clear you don't like us very much and we don't have much time for you. Best of luck.

Cheers,

Andrew

"Mommy, mommy! I've been exposed but I'm asking for more proof, even though I've been proven a liar! He's a meanie!"

What an idiot: your statement is essentially the same as saying: "Yes, your honour, I did rape that kid behind that bush three weeks ago BUT I won't do it again despite me having his movements tracked!"
But again, I'm the bronco here...

#29 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:48 PM

ok, before i lock this as we're all getting a little heated and too much is unnecessarily personal,, lets step back and re-examine what got us 'here'.
1. there was (another) racing incident involving team ZDR
2. the TL in attempts to speak for his team replied to the stewards, and copied me and the drivers and TL's of the other team.
3. in the ensuing exchange i pointed out that insults and accusations weren't in keeping with oAo policy and gave the ZDR TL 2 warnings to tone it down, or face expulsion (ban/suspension/time out) the wording was not so much technically accurate but i didn't feel it had to be, as most rational people take a warning in good faith and respond in a more polite manner.
4. i was wrong
5. it was then i 'banned' the TL from oAo
6. the TL then emailed me to remove all reference to him, his name/image and the logo
7. i failed to get this email (despite the accusation of lying) as COMCAST had marked it (both the orig and the 2d attempt) as SPAM.... had i known i would called a liar - because the person sending said that the PROOF of my getting it was that his email informed him i 'received' it - i should have taken a screen shot of the Comcast spam inbox - but who thinks that would be necessary?  i rarely check my spam. Comcast is usually pretty good about screening such- but far from perfect!  I also discovered 2 emails from my daughter-in-law with links to family vacation.
8. which of course won't be believed by certain individuals because i'm considered a liar -

So i suspect this accounting of events, won't suffice.  that a simple calmer approach from the TL could have avoided this entire episode. That with a broader understanding of ME, and how i live, would have met with some restraint. instead it now seems that i was viewed as a fellow Italian where puffed out chests and a little fire in the mouth is the norm and was treated with that cultural difference.

i think - tho i am not certain, that i have met your request to delete your name/image from the oAo site. please let me know if i've missed something.

Gabe, rather than continue to take your stance with the league, i invite you to email me individually, or not, but that i will check my spam, and should such correspondence again find its way there, i WILL take a screenshot for you - even tho in my heart, i feel no need to prove anything to you. it is out of compassion for you, and a hope that you will grow from the experience.

Alas, it is with sadness that i will now lock this thread.
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

Sim Racing Links