• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:58 AM

Here goes some useful (or so I think :) ) information about setting up rFactor. I am also new to this carsim, but anyway here goes some of the tips I have collected here and there.

I have also uploaded the rFactor Manual, a quick guide to rFactor commands and a Driver Swap guide.

Now, some quick tips:

1. If you canīt see the Atlas rFactor server in the list:
Open the Multiplayer.ini file located, in my case, at F:\Archivos de programa\rFactor\UserData\Arturo Pereira, find the line under the [MULTIPLAYER] section:

Concurrent Server Updates="400" // servers in join list, should be less for modem users, more for broadband (game now automatically finds more if (3 * download_kbps) exceeds this number)

and change it to

Concurrent Server Updates="1000" // servers in join list, should be less for modem users, more for broadband (game now automatically finds more if (3 * download_kbps) exceeds this number)

Save the file and try to login again. Perahps you may still need to refresh the racelist once or twice, but it should work.

2. To improve the driving of these cars, I think it is very important to be able to hear the tyres properly to see if they are skidding too much or if you are blocking them. To change the default sound settings for this specific topic, open your player PLR file with Notepad and change the original values of the following parameters to these ones:

Vehicle Scrubbing VolMult="0.0002000000"
Vehicle Scrubbing FreqGrip="-0.20000"
Vehicle Scrubbing FreqSpeed="0.00195"
Vehicle Skidding VolMult="0.0002220703"
Vehicle Skidding FreqGrip="-0.25000"
Vehicle Skidding FreqSpeed="0.00195"
Vehicle Roadnoise VolSpeed="32.00000"
Vehicle Roadnoise VolMult="0.0000050000"
Vehicle Roadnoise FreqMin="0.80000"
Vehicle Roadnoise FreqMult="0.00391"

The PLR file is located at the same folder of the Multiplayer.ini file mentioned before.

More to come :)

Attached Files

Edited by Arturo Pereira, 06 August 2009 - 09:59 AM.

AP

#2 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:44 AM

Tip #3: to get lots of credits and be able to buy any car:
Select any mod, get into any track, click on the chat and type:

ISI_BABYFACTORY

Press Enter and leave the track. Your credits will rise inmediately. Do the same with any mod you want to use :)
AP

Sim Racing Links