No Funeral?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Craig Hunter

Craig Hunter

• GPLVOR
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Radio control planes (IMAC), softball, shooting. Volunteer at the airport, tour docent at The Old Globe Theater. Touring. Civil war history. Astronomy.

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:51 PM

So it looks like we're dead now? After all the votes, Hristo's physics work, Dom's organizing---we go down with barely a whimper? What a shame.

Hristo--do you have room in your CART league?
Posted Image

Posted Image
Age is a state of mind.

#2 avatar7

Hristo Itchov

• Members
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:51 AM

I'm not sure what's going on here, but it's not good. Craig, I'm not sure when I'll have more time to work on organizing the new CART season in THOR, so can't promise anything, but sure, there's always room and when we're ready for a new season I'll let everyone there know about it.
"If in doubt - flat out" - Colin McRae (1968-2007)
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 Dom77

Dom77

Ascari's right hand man !

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:04 AM

Either we get organised and continue or just have races with no people? Or wait until the next best thing.
Typing using the COLEMAK Keyboard Layout!

COLOSTRUM - Is the "immune milk" Supercharged with 97 immune factors and 87 growth factors. Colostrum is 3 times more effective than tamiflu.
VITAMIN D3 - Avoiding getting the colds/flu 1,000 IU per 25 lbs of bodyweight http://www.iherb.com/Vitamin-D                    
REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL
Workouts from Gym Jones, the guys that trained the actors from 300 movie Save the Boobies!! Detect Breast Cancer Sooner!
                        Jack Lalanne Face Workout! How To Poop Properly! Pooping 2.0

#4 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:00 AM

It's not my intention to dance on MRC's grave (perhaps this phrase is not the best suited for this occasion), but, if anybody is interested...

http://forums.speedg...showtopic=30459
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#5 Jonathan Stiener

Jonathan Stiener

Jonathan

• GPLVOR
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:11 AM

View Postpai, on Oct 6 2009, 09:00 AM, said:

It's not my intention to dance on MRC's grave (perhaps this phrase is not the best suited for this occasion), but, if anybody is interested...

http://forums.speedg...showtopic=30459
Seems strange, we had allot of input prior to the season starting about mod choice, but it seems allot of those people are now no where to be seen. maybe many were not happy with choice? A shame really, feel like Hristo with all his work, he really tried to make good mod for us to compete. C'mon guys, lets bring it together here! btw, it was Ca's bday yesterday, i sent him a well wish, hope all is well with him in this tuff economy.....

Jonathan
I like to go fast................

Posted Image

Posted Image

J.Stiener rFRacing License

Current GPL rank:-52.051
Monster rank:-257.981
Challenge Rank:-25.472
Historic Rank: -8.075

#6 pai

pai

Gabriel Legnini

• Mybroga
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:52 AM

My only problem is that actually I'm not having enough free time to race. I tried to give my thoughts for helping the league to get going, but it was not enough. I think that something is missing so we can keep everybody bound together, and it goes beyond mod and track choices.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

This time it blew-up really spectacular! When I realised it was about to go, I gave the accelerator pedal an extra kick and shot the revs up to 12,000…just to make quite sure.

Jochen Rindt - Watkins Glen GP 1967

#7 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:56 PM

The only thing that is popular on rfactor is the damn Megane cars. It looks like this version of rfactor is starting to get tired. It is a good engine with some great mods but newer stuff has come along. I simply do not have the time to put into races anymore. I will go online for about 30 min of racing then have to get back to life. I rarely chat online with my friends anymore. Life has just gotten too busy. My server is always available but even when it is up there is only 2-3 people who will be on it during the week. Too bad and very sad.
It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

#8 Adnan Dizdarevic

Adnan Dizdarevic

• Mybroga
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:55 PM

My 2 cents about. It appears that curently no one from us has time and knowledge to manage a league. We still do not have re-freshed web site. Almost 3 weeks into "official" championchip no replys or results were posted showing not only leak of interest or time by drivers but also by admins. Not a single comment about race was posted after formal Brands Race and not a single one aboout fun race in Hockenheim. If you look in the forum you would not be sure if race was taking place at all. Remember S4, S5 or S6, by Friday night results were up, and everybody commented with quite alot emotions some time. We could barely wait for next race.
Add that there were too many issues with servers and a mode that excided way to few of us (in the matter of fact, I think that mode that was choosen is not the one that is raced due to significant difference in physics), we have a result - no league, just a fun meetings on thursday night by few. Most likely not what most of us are after.
If we want a league to survive we must start fresh and in my oppinion first organise / learn how to do some basics:

1) Set up web page (in my oppinion very important aspect in getting new members interested in racing with us)
2) Define who admins are (we need at least 3 with equal rights, with minimum one present for formal races, even f it is only stopping by on server like Gunny just to do).
3) Find good rialable solution for server
4) Decide who will manage replys and results and how soon they will be up after the race.
5) Define rules for the league
6) Choose new mode (there are sooo many good ones out. Few weeks ago I discovered historic GT and TC mode. IMO fenomenal mode with great physics and cars. TCL so much ignored here, but soo good offering so many possibilities to mix up the field, CART 98, Champ car 06, Nipon, hell even Formula BMW drives so nicely, maybe even reconsider the mode MRC IS ALL ABOUT -GP79.) Soo many good options out there where we do not need to do anything but install. Why loose time and harddrive space with beta modes? M1 will not do it, let us face it. Irregardless of physics, the car and the mode are not attractive for many sim racers in NA area. That is just the fact. If we have to do tintop Fabcar will attract more guys if nothing else.
7) Choose appropriate tracks for the mode (small cars, narrow twisty, bumpy tracks might do it, fast cars we need some tracks where these things can strech legs even when driven by non aliens (i still believe that no league should be based on aliens, but more on slower guys as there is more of us out and no I do not mean we shopuld race on ovals. Go openwheel on Nordschleife is just out of realisam).
8) Try to balance field based on some factual and measurable difference in speed among drivers that choose to participate, as this will lead to close racing which will get people intrigated to try another week, opposed to the situation when you can certainly predict where in the field you will race.
IMO, with no first 4 points solved , we do not even need to think about giving it another go.
The longer we wait, the more of us who still want to do sim racing will settle for other leagues or sims and get away from MRC. I agree with Gabs, the issue we have is more than mode and track choice.

I am quite sure that around there are many sim racers that would join, if we manage somehow to get it going in more organised way.

Adnan

Edited by Adnan Dizdarevic, 06 October 2009 - 06:23 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Dom77

Dom77

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:38 AM

We need to sought this out as soon as possible thanks for the post adnan :)

COLOSTRUM - Is the "immune milk" Supercharged with 97 immune factors and 87 growth factors. Colostrum is 3 times more effective than tamiflu.
VITAMIN D3 - Avoiding getting the colds/flu 1,000 IU per 25 lbs of bodyweight http://www.iherb.com/Vitamin-D                    
REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL
Workouts from Gym Jones, the guys that trained the actors from 300 movie Save the Boobies!! Detect Breast Cancer Sooner!

#10 avatar7

Hristo Itchov

• Members
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:47 AM

It's simple really, it's not the drivers job to organize and manage the league, so without someone doing it nothing is going to happen, EVER.

I disagree that the mod or tracks are to blame for the lack of interest or drivers. It is purely a subjective opinion and makes no difference no matter what is being run, even if it's the worst mod out there.

In this case we had a vote, we had a thorough discussion, and apart from 2 people disagreeing the rest accepted to run it. While you may think I'm biased because I edited the physics, it's nothing to do with that, but instead I'm genuinely enjoying the mod as it is and if you bothered to try Hockenheim for instance, you'd know how much fun it is to drive.

Sure, some may want open wheelers, others may want GT cars, and so on, can't please all, in ANY league. But that doesn't mean changing the mod would make a difference here, it's hardly the problem.

I've been talking about the league needing a website for ages, but apparently none of the organizers are interested enough to do anything. If I had time I'd take over the league and merge it with THOR, but since that's not the case I'm merely a driver here and it's up to whoever the current organizers are to do ANYTHING about the situation, not just TALK.

At the moment we're nothing more than a bunch of guys posting on some forum. I don't even know who the league members are, lol, as there is no place that binds it all together.

-=Hristo=-

Edited by avatar7, 07 October 2009 - 05:48 AM.

"If in doubt - flat out" - Colin McRae (1968-2007)
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#11 Dom77

Dom77

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:09 AM

Until my graphic card comes i can't do anything at present apart from posting. So if anyone wants to takeover this league and run it be my guest. I got my hands full in other matters. Seems i let you guys down here. I guess picking this procar mod was one of them. Anyway no time in finger pointing we need to resolve these problems ASAP.

Edited by Dom77, 07 October 2009 - 08:55 AM.

REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL

#12 Jonathan Stiener

Jonathan Stiener

Jonathan

• GPLVOR
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:19 PM

View PostDom77, on Oct 7 2009, 07:09 AM, said:

Until my graphic card comes i can't do anything at present apart from posting. So if anyone wants to takeover this league and run it be my guest. I got my hands full in other matters. Seems i let you guys down here. I guess picking this procar mod was one of them. Anyway no time in finger pointing we need to resolve these problems ASAP.

anyone plan on racing tonite?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Jeeve

Jeeve

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:RC 1/8 kyosho inferno 4x4 nitro buggy .28 bigblock<br />IL2-sturmovik flightsim, RTS(warcraft3, warhammer40k)<br /> !!!GP79!!!<br />Photoshop.<br />Metallica<br />Dire straits<br />Richie Hawtin<br />Extrawelt<br />Alien saga, Zodiac, No country for old men, Unforgiven, the departed.

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:01 AM

So sad to hear. Being such an international and fast, well organised league and all.
Some of the fastest and most consistent people i ever saw driving here, unlike myself i am sad to say.
U guys will startup again eventually, no doubt.
Too bad races were at 4 am in the morning for me, i couldn't hack it.  <_<

If some of you are still interested in GP79 online?
I found "legends league". Seems well organized and gentlemen racers.
They do clubraces without password as well.
http://legends-leagu.../twfr/index.php

Greetz. Jef Vannijlen.
BURN THE HERETIC, KILL THE MUTANT, PURGE THE UNCLEAN!

#14 Leo Menegucci

Leo Menegucci

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:49 AM

Why not just gather for some fun races if the championchip is not working? At least we keep in touch for the unknown future.

If someone set up a server we could race a different mod every week. Maybe somebody's favorit mod at each meeting and we race two or three short races just for fun and give some feedback later here at the forum.

Keep server open so new people may join the league.

#15 Dom77

Dom77

• Mybroga
  • 892 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:02 AM

Good idea Leo we can setup fun races as i said until something new comes to Rfactor keep this boat afloat!

REAL INFO ON CHOLESTEROL

#16 Jonathan Stiener

Jonathan Stiener

Jonathan

• GPLVOR
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:23 AM

View PostDom77, on Oct 21 2009, 07:02 AM, said:

Good idea Leo we can setup fun races as i said until something new comes to Rfactor keep this boat afloat!

Sounds good to me! ;0

I LIKE Endurance mod, the new patch fixed the greasy feeling in low speed corners. the porsche is allot of fun, and the grunt of the vette's is always nice! and I just tried FS1 08, wow, that mod is awesome, the sounds, the look, and the feel is all there like your really in a modern f1 car.

Jonathan

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio

• Mybroga
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing Cars, watching Cars race, computers, computer games, Wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:46 PM

Let me know if you want to use my server. I can hand out the password to a couple of others guys just in case Dom or myself are not able to race. I shut down the server because it was only being used 1-3 times a week by 1-3 peeps.  :beerchug:
It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.

#18 sgoodwin

sgoodwin

• Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:45 PM

Hi all.  

I am certainly interested and had fun for the few sessions I attended. Problem is I'm in rehearsals now for a show and I
haven't had a Thurs night free for a month.  Won't have one either until the end of November.  

The M1 was fine and I thought Hristo's physics were a big improvement.  I also thought the BMW that the Screamers ran last season were great fun too.  I'm dog slow though and would love to see some wieght penalties to level the field a bit more...  is it possible with rFactor to add weight between qualifying and the race?

I think the problem is choice quite frankly.  6-7 years ago there was only GPL and there were 10,000 people in the community with many racing in leagues.  Then the '65 mod came out, then others, then rFactor, then iRracing, etc.  All it's done is splintered the community.  It's a crying shame as far as I'm concerned.  I could name 50 guys I've raced with and made friends with in the past 10 years and I wish I was still running with most of them.  But they've all disppeared.  I'm sure many of you here could make a list a lot bigger than 50.

Trying a new mod every week is the worst idea I've ever heard.  I don't have the time to download that much shit let alone getting any practice!  You guys definitely need a league page and beter organization, but I think the best motivator would be to pick something and stick with it.  Pick a game (X) and a car (Y) and 20-odd tracks (Z) and become the XYZ League.  Anything that is reliable and consistent and predictable will grow and build momentum.

Anyway, just my two cents for what it's worth.  Good luck!

Cheers,
Simon

#19 Jonathan Stiener

Jonathan Stiener

Jonathan

• GPLVOR
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:41 PM

View Postsgoodwin, on Oct 29 2009, 01:45 PM, said:

Hi all.  

I am certainly interested and had fun for the few sessions I attended. Problem is I'm in rehearsals now for a show and I
haven't had a Thurs night free for a month.  Won't have one either until the end of November.  

The M1 was fine and I thought Hristo's physics were a big improvement.  I also thought the BMW that the Screamers ran last season were great fun too.  I'm dog slow though and would love to see some wieght penalties to level the field a bit more...  is it possible with rFactor to add weight between qualifying and the race?

I think the problem is choice quite frankly.  6-7 years ago there was only GPL and there were 10,000 people in the community with many racing in leagues.  Then the '65 mod came out, then others, then rFactor, then iRracing, etc.  All it's done is splintered the community.  It's a crying shame as far as I'm concerned.  I could name 50 guys I've raced with and made friends with in the past 10 years and I wish I was still running with most of them.  But they've all disppeared.  I'm sure many of you here could make a list a lot bigger than 50.

Trying a new mod every week is the worst idea I've ever heard.  I don't have the time to download that much shit let alone getting any practice!  You guys definitely need a league page and beter organization, but I think the best motivator would be to pick something and stick with it.  Pick a game (X) and a car (Y) and 20-odd tracks (Z) and become the XYZ League.  Anything that is reliable and consistent and predictable will grow and build momentum.

Anyway, just my two cents for what it's worth.  Good luck!

Cheers,
Simon

Well said Simon.... Couldn't agree more.

ITS a crying shame. the way the comm has been split. perfect example,  I just finished up a NR2003 league with V8thunder online, mostly a european league, but I was able to participate since I had afternoons free, and this year they are officially ending league running 03, and moving to iracing. a bunch of us donated money to pay for the server to keep 03 going for next year, cause allot of us dont have the money, nor the time to make iracing a good return for our enertainment dollar. if I was rich, and had all kinds of free time, Iracing would be the bees knees, but im neither, so its just not worth it. I gave it a fair trial, almost 4 months, and i maybe launched it twice a month, def. not worth it to me to pay that kind of money..

Jonathan

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sim Racing Links