Stewards Report
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Paul Schuman

Paul Schuman

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:37 PM

Nice! Even with pole through sector one and then I get dropped without getting a lap in.

#3 FumUnda

FumUnda

• GPLVOR
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:51 PM

Well, was fun there for a bit ... Ryan, ya didnt have to be so aggressive dude. Coulda been a fun duel had you not run ppl off the road m8.

Nonetheless, I got dropped for some reason as soon as I came by Aguirra and he was halfway into teh tarmac. Never happened before. Evar.

Hope everyone had a good race though.

-B
-Bill Robotham

proudly sponsored by Cannon Simulation Technologies

Posted Image

#4 Ryan Mayfield

Ryan Mayfield

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:12 PM

i wasn't being "aggressive" i just never saw you on the inside on the last turn. Definitely not a place i'd be looking for someone next to me.

After pit stops, garth was a second ahead of me but had trouble with traffic in the chicane, and i was able to get a small lead on him. Well eventually on lap 24, going through the S curves, the engine fails with no immediate reason available...Ouch. 2 weeks in a row i lose my Silver trophy :(

#5 FumUnda

FumUnda

• GPLVOR
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:30 PM

View PostRyan Mayfield, on Jun 22 2009, 08:12 PM, said:

i wasn't being "aggressive" i just never saw you on the inside on the last turn. Definitely not a place i'd be looking for someone next to me.

After pit stops, garth was a second ahead of me but had trouble with traffic in the chicane, and i was able to get a small lead on him. Well eventually on lap 24, going through the S curves, the engine fails with no immediate reason available...Ouch. 2 weeks in a row i lose my Silver trophy :(

No matters Ryan .. was fun for the most part ..  we were both quick, just at different places so it never cooled down.
-Bill Robotham

Posted Image

#6 Bruce Fisher

Bruce Fisher

• VOR Admins
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:33 PM

most likely you overrev the engine or have it running too warm (it will die from heat without overheat... running it too hot will wear it quickly as does overreving the engine)

Not my night.  Average qualifying.  Got spun into T1.  I haven't watched the replay yet to know if it was my fault or not.  Either way - took me 16 laps to catch up to the back of my GT1 class.  And then I made several little mistakes - wasn't expecting some of the GT2s to help me where they did.  And then I made a big one... went off in the S curves in sector 1.  Never did that before but it killed my suspension.  Oh well... had to come down after the win at Singapore :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 JETninja

JETninja

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:40 PM

Well, had about 4 or 5 FPS attacks....but no warps. Full grid was a tad tough here on this PC....but I had a clean if slow race. Made a few tiny mistakes, but did my best to let peeps by while holding my line. Had fun!
1st test for Win 7....def improvement over XP!

Edited by JETninja, 22 June 2009 - 09:41 PM.

John Tami

The Alfa of Andrea de Cesaris - one of the most feared chicanes in the mid-80s.

[Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 doval

doval

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:42 PM

A Big Sorry to Scott A. for getting into you. I was glad to see you still stayed on top. I never thought I would close that fast on you coming into that tight left hander after the hill.  :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:  

Along with that it was the best setup I have had in a while, so I decided to drive the worst I have in a while to help it out!  :withstupid:

Cya
Chuck
Chuck

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Mike Bennett

Mike Bennett

• GPLVOR
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:42 PM

Night my night either.  Feeling a little disoriented today.  Was on some serious medication overnight last night.  After a good start and opening laps, made some small mistakes.  One at turn 5, then recovering, came around turn 7 to find PK's Viper sideways...couldn't miss it.  Thought the yellow was for me still :o  
Decided to park before doing something more stupid.

Grats to all.

#10 Bruce Fisher

Bruce Fisher

• VOR Admins
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:47 PM

Race Report and Replay are posted (1st post above)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Justin Lee

Justin Lee

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:50 PM

For my first race here...man you guys are competitive which makes it fun.  My race was...eh alright.  I started off heavy and used mediums which turned out to be the right call as my car was slow but made up many positions on the pit stops due to me not changing tires.  Really surprised how well they lasted as I was just about to go on hards.  I lost most my time getting lapped or else I think I might have had a few more positions but yea.  I didn't have any incident other that tapping some orange and black car in the back during lapping of traffic and last lap where I deserved a rear ending after blocking a bit.  I think I was 9th in class...ok for first time out.   Pleasure racing you guys.

#12 Ryan Mayfield

Ryan Mayfield

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:14 PM

hey bill--the replay shows you in the grass in the last turn, then going straight into my side. If there is anyone for me to apologize to, Its Garth. Lap 1 we both gained 8 positions or so (turn 1 and Ski Jump) and i never saw him come from mid-pack to my inside at the chicane. He's a greedy little bugger, but its understandable ;)

As for the over-revving, cant really say, since Osterreich would have been twice as bad as Quinn in that department. I just need to suck it up and focus on shanghai.

Edited by Ryan Mayfield, 22 June 2009 - 10:14 PM.

#13 FumUnda

FumUnda

• GPLVOR
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:05 PM

Just saw the results and glad to see things went so well. Good  podium there G-bag. :P

Again, no worries Ryan. I too saw the replay and 'forgot' about my grass-path there and I'm the one who should 'pologize for that one .. I was, however, more referring to the lefty before the T-10 complex that I got 'loved' into the grass on not long before the one you are referencing. BAH.

I can't bother myself to get too into these anymore, so I'll just take my licks and move on. I did see some serious fun though and felt like I had a good opportunity to win considering how I was able to keep pace pretty effortlessly, but things happen I guess, and I'll have to invesigate my disco and hope I dont go through this again.

Sorry to hear you had engine probs there Ryan. Better luck next time, and big grats to TJ and Scott on the wins.

Edited by FumUnda, 22 June 2009 - 11:07 PM.

-Bill Robotham

Posted Image

#14 Drew McLean

Drew McLean

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:01 AM

Woo Hoo  Top 5 again lol. Of course I needed help to get there  ;)   Fun race, Rick was always in my mirrors but I managed to keep him just a few secs back. Traffic would dictate opening and closing of the gap and I must admit when I got passed 4 slower cars just before the twistys I had an evil grin on my face... Is that wrong? Lol. Of course I hit 5 cars battleing away just before the twistys on the last lap, I sure was watching my mirrors looking for Rick... Ok boys just dont screw up and lets keep the pace up I only got a 3 sec gap  :o  Karma always gets you back lol.  I sure got lucky when Rob tangled with a spinning GT2, watching the replay I dont think the ace of spades would have fit between our cars as I went passed  :lol:  Congrats to all the podiums  :trink4:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Paul Harwood

Paul Harwood

• Members
  • 879 posts
  • Interests:motorsports, music, astronomy, physics, politics

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:31 AM

Hi all,

Apologies to Bruce and Justin. Those taps were unintentional.  I got the worst of the 1st situation and I should lose the position to Justin. I think you did have the right to defend your position for the last half of the lap. Sorry you did not win the drag race out of the sand trap.

I am not doing my safety rating any good these days, LOL!

Fun race. Glad the event came off alright with no major technical issues. It looked early on in the evening that we might all get disco'ed.

Congratz to winners and podiums and all on surviving one of the toughest tracks of this season.

Thanks to Bruce and stewards for a fine race.

Cheers.

PH
L'audace! Toujours l'audace!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Bruce Fisher

Bruce Fisher

• VOR Admins
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:45 AM

I wondered if that was you in T1 :)

I owe a BMG driver an apology too... either Pierre or Raymond (couldnt tell which).  Late in the race, I got off my line going up the hill (seems to me a Porsche was off track or something) and I never got settled going back down the hill.  When I flashed you to pass, I clipped the curb and dove right across the track and into you.  Didn't seem to affect you too much but I'm sure it scared the crap out of you! LOL  Sorry about that!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 pierre-yves

pierre-yves

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:22 AM

View PostBruce Fisher, on Jun 23 2009, 05:45 AM, said:

I wondered if that was you in T1 :)

I owe a BMG driver an apology too... either Pierre or Raymond (couldnt tell which).  Late in the race, I got off my line going up the hill (seems to me a Porsche was off track or something) and I never got settled going back down the hill.  When I flashed you to pass, I clipped the curb and dove right across the track and into you.  Didn't seem to affect you too much but I'm sure it scared the crap out of you! LOL  Sorry about that!

NP Bruce

#18 pierre-yves

pierre-yves

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:37 AM

hi
Ma course était mouvementer . Pour les qualif je n ai eu aucun tour clair donc je me suis retrouver 3 ieme . Raymond ma laisser passer au départ de la course ce qui fait que j ai pu
Remonter sur scott . Ce fut une belle bataille avec lui
J ai légèrement toucher scott au freinage après la chicane ce qui fait qu il  a rater son freinage
du coup j ai attendu qu il repasse devant .
J e suis reparti a la chasse de scott j ai pu revenir sur lui mais a partir du moment ou on a rencontrer le trafic scott a pris le large.
Mais malgré ma 2 ieme place j ai été satisfait de pousser scott a ces dernier retranchement  
Je m excuse auprès de tous ceux que j ai toucher ce n était pas volontaire
Félicitation au gagnant de chaque classe
Ps : Desoler Bruce que vous soyer sortie pour me laisser passer

#19 Damjan Meze

Damjan Meze

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:58 AM

Grats to the winners...

Was a frustrating race for me. I couldnt get up tu speed here all week. Still dont know why. I guess i got to learn to tame the viper. I hate those 1'st gear corners. I realy cant accelerate out of them. I did some 200 laps but was still 5 sec off the pace. After looking you guys qally, i noticed i breake like 50 meters sonner into every corner :) So i was doing laps round 45.

So i qualied in the upper GT2s. In the race i noticed i could overpower the GT2s in the straits, but could bearly follow them in the twisty part. This was bad, coz they hurt my times and i hurt theirs... After bout 20 laps I noticed the wierd FPS stuff. It was like one second i had 50+ FPS and another second i had under 20. And this went on for a few laps. Then it was ok and after a fev laps again. It realy kills the filling of speed and car handling. So i made a lot of mistakes. I hit the wall hard and had to do early pit. After that it only went worse.
I thing i wasnt too much of an obsticle for the fast guys. Had a few tuches, but nothing serious i think. So again i was dead last. It looks like i need a lot of time in my viper to get after you guys.

I really hope that the FPS isue was track related, coz its almost undrivable. Never had anything this bad... Its easier to drive if you have a constant FPS even if its under 20. But this shifting form fast to slow is really kills any feeling for the car.

Well see ya at Shandhai.

#20 Mike Monahan

Mike Monahan

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Boatin, Divin, Fishin, Drivin, and Eatin..

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:01 AM

I have to say this has been quite a season of bad luck for me.  I had the pace last night for a podium opportunity, but it was wasted due to just plain bad luck!  Had a couple of mis-ques on my own too.  The killer was coming in to pit on lap 23 just to find J Jogan in my pit stall.  Lost an extra 30+ seconds there which allowed several GT2 drivers to get by me!  urrgggg! It was still fun dicing it up, but some of the slower GT drivers made it pretty difficult.  They come up on you from the straights, flash there lights when it's for an actual position in the race, then take there time going by (causing a grand loss of time for me), then go off the track right afterward and it was all for nothing.  I guess I don't understand.  

That was a great few laps at the end with Parsons, Lee and Quinn.  Great fun guys!

Cheers!

Sim Racing Links