Vintage Sim Racing Games (History Of Papyrus!) For Sale

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Slack

Chris Slack

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:12 PM

Sorry if this is considered spam, you can delete if need be.

I am an ex-Sierra employee who is moving next month. While packing some stiff I came across a few games which I thought might appeal to some of the older simracers out there. Rather than just dumpstering them I thought I would offer them up for sale (I hate Ebay) to people who could actually appreciate their importance in the evelotion of racing simulations that we know now. Before I list the items I need to throw out the disclaimer that I have no idea if the 3.5 inch/5.25 inch discs still work as I have nothing to read them with :) Now on to the items:

Indianapolis 500: The Simulation (Papyrus published by Electronic Arts) - This 5.25 inch disc version is in the original sealed box and is in great shape! This is arguably the first commercial racing simulation.

IndyCar Racing (Papyrus) - Box is that of the Virgin published version but the (mint) CD-ROM inside is that of the Sierra Originals version from 1996. Also included in this box are both expansion packs, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway expansion pack (1 3.5 inch floppy) and the IndyCar Circuits expansion pack (2 3.5 inch floppys). Both expansion packs are in envelopes and contain all manuals.

Indianapolis Motor Speedway expansion pack (Papyrus published by Virgin) - In opened box, 3.5 inch floppy version. Contains all manuals and other pack-ins.

Indianapolis Motor Speedway expansion pack (Papyrus published by Virgin) - In sealed box, 3.5 inch floppy version.

IndyCar Circuits expansion pack (Papyrus published by Virgin) - In sealed box, 3.5 inch floppy version.

NASCAR Racing (Papyrus published by Virgin) - In sealed box, 3.5 inch floppy version.

NASCAR Racing track pack (Papyrus published by Virgin) - In sealed box, CD-ROM version

I am open to any and all (reasonable) offers for individual titles or the lot. I can take photos and mail them out if you feel you need evidence :) I live in the Seattle area and would be shipping from there. You can contact me via this forum (I will check back periodically) or via e-mail at chris_slack at hotmail dot com.

Cheers!

Edit: I just wanted to say that I am not expecting large sums of money for these as I have not seen any evidence that there is a large collectors market for old PC games. I just want to find a good home for these games and make a few extra dollars :)

Edited to indicate pending sales

Edited by Chris Slack, 03 September 2010 - 01:13 AM.

#2 David Kennard

David Kennard

GTR2 Americas Director

• ADC Admins
  • 2,149 posts
  • Interests:Racing (D'oh), Sim and Real World.

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:49 PM

Thanks for posting this and I hope they all find new homes  :beerchug:

#3 Chris Slack

Chris Slack

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:14 AM

View PostDavid Kennard, on 02 September 2010 - 09:49 PM, said:

Thanks for posting this and I hope they all find new homes  :beerchug:

Cheers to you David. The GPLs are gone now. Seemingly no interest in the rest so I might have to swallow my pride and go Ebay.

Sim Racing Links