• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Billy

Billy

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:20 PM

Hi all.

This place was recommended by JonC over on the SimHQ forums. He's been helping point me in the right direction getting Grand Prix Legends working

However, I'm having a problem. I did fail (I hate to admit) to install correctly using the Easy Install guide! However, I removed the game and ancillaries, restarted the comp and re-ran the install from scratch following it step by step.

My problem is when I click on the green button to go into a race, the game crashes with the error Grand Prix Legends has stopped working. This only happens when I go to start racing. I can use the replay utility in the game to follow cars round the track and use various camera angles - but as soon as I try to race...crash!

Anyone have any ideas pls? I recall this happening many, many moons ago but can't remember what the problem was...was it to do with the INI file and resolution or something?

Any help to get this great sim working again would be great.

Specs are
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33Ghz
4GB Ram
8800GT nVidia 512MB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

#2 CL2_Sparky

CL2_Sparky

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:07 PM

Ah  Windows 7 is the problem  you will need to do the following:

Run a command prompt as administrator:
From the start menu, select "All Programs", then "Accessories" and right-click on the "Command Prompt" shortcut and choose "Run As Administrator". From here you can use the following command to disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP) :

(copy and paste)
bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

Hit the Enter key.
Then Restart your computer.
DEP will remain off ALWAYS.!

This should solve your problem
Good luck

Sim Racing Links