Problem With Targa Florio Track

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cubby

Cubby

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:17 AM

I have a new install of GPL using the new installer, GEM+, etc. (been installed about 2 months now).

I installed Targa Florio,............. all I can say is........... well I'm speechless! What a great track!!

It was loading just fine. The problem is that now I can't load the track anymore. Says it can't be loaded. I went so far as to delete the track folder and reinstall it but no joy, can't be loaded! I reinstalled the patch for the long tracks, still no joy. Any other ideas or know problems that may cause this?

#2 Cubby

Cubby

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:50 PM

View PostCubby, on 14 February 2010 - 01:17 AM, said:

I have a new install of GPL using the new installer, GEM+, etc. (been installed about 2 months now).

I installed Targa Florio,............. all I can say is........... well I'm speechless! What a great track!!

It was loading just fine. The problem is that now I can't load the track anymore. Says it can't be loaded. I went so far as to delete the track folder and reinstall it but no joy, can't be loaded! I reinstalled the patch for the long tracks, still no joy. Any other ideas or know problems that may cause this?

Well, I was about to give up and become the only person on the planet not able to drive the Targa Florio track!

Apparently, my 'gplc67.exe" file in the GPL installation folder became corrupt somehow. So I downloaded the 67 Patch, reinstalled the patch following the instructions. Be sure to use the "GEMP2.exe" file from the 67 Patch which updates GEM2 to version 2.5.0.32, just point it to your "GPLSecrets/GEMS+" folder and overwrite your old "GEMP2.exe" file. Then remove the "gplc67.exe" from your gpl folder. Start Gem+ and hit the gpl button or exit Gem+ to create a new patched gplc67.exe . That should get it done!

Targa Florio is back and loads without a hitch, all is right with the Universe!  :gpler:  

Now, I know that I didn't write this update correctly, I'm only supposed to say I got my problem fixed !!  How often have you seen that statement in a forum?    :lol2:

#3 proximityinfotech4

proximityinfotech4

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:12 AM

have you actually tried running The Path on it? My comp also runs those two without a hitch, but my integrated graphics card leads to minor lag at lowest settings and a lack of ground texture with The Path.

Organic SEO| UK SEO
dangermouse edit: suspected spammer.

Sim Racing Links