Roosvelt

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Claudio Pablo Navonne

Claudio Pablo Navonne

• Members
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 10:14 AM

What can I say? The screen froze on the last lap! When I was second, and with the car in one piece.
A pity.
Member of AtlasF1 GPL/NR2003/Mods/etc.

#2 cg7aa

cg7aa

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 10:19 AM

View PostClaudio Pablo Navonne, on 12 September 2020 - 10:14 AM, said:

What can I say? The screen froze on the last lap! When I was second, and with the car in one piece.
A pity.

That's terrible, you didn't deserve that at all. Commiserations.

#3 Peter Lohmar

Peter Lohmar

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 10:19 AM

Chaotic race for me, most of it of my own making. Qualified in a PB by .5 secs, poor start, let 3-4 cars by in T1 and then got punted into the outside wall at T4R. Waited for traffic to clear and resumed. Had worked back up to......7th maybe and was chasing Pepe thru the last turn when I got the LF wheel off the banking and spun into the wall.

Apologies to my teammates and thanks to Tim for a really nice setup.

Also thanks to Don Dodge and Bob Simpson for giving me a little room under heavy braking.

Edited by Peter Lohmar, 12 September 2020 - 02:31 PM.

#4 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Video making, 3D printing, movies, games, books...

Posted 12 September 2020 - 10:28 AM

Curse has been broken!

Qualified 10th... mediocre start, but managed to pass a lot of cars on the first lap...

Found myself in 4th and followed the leading pack.

Touched the apron of the banked section (seriously!!! why the hell does it have to in the same texture as the racing surface!!!) lost my 4th place to Dulima and i was tailing him.. but after many laps, i let him go.

Had some scary moments with backmarkers... almost crashed twice due to a backmarker... one spun in the banked section and i almost nicked him.. and then a backmarker came out of the pits, right in front of me at the first corner... still managed to continue.

In the end finished P4... Navonne disconnected on the last lap....
"Last of the late brakers"
Link to my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....kKK6ri1wDsYF9qA

#5 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

• oAo_admin
  • 5,138 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 10:31 AM

good but frustrating race. qual p9 .. w/ PB just in the 55s
as the race unfolded Sandbag PeterL was off like a shot ;) and much as i tried to hold him off (after his being punted) he was by like 'party-mode'...  it came back to me when he crashed out (sorry Pete - that's just not right)    so i fought for 103 laps to hold Bob S off... and Roberto (later disco'd)  but Simpson made a spectacular overtake into T1 (i backed off a little because i didn't think he'd be able to make the turn)  ... he DID!  so i am back to 8th and Baldassari/Eagle is right there - waiting for a mistake - didn't make one!  :D   then he disco'd and i had a decent gap back to ZZ.... except now i lose focus and stuff it nose first into the rail at T3 (not sure what happened - maybe came off brakes to quick?)  any how, that's all ZZ needed to take p8 and i was happy to bring it home in p9 as i thought with a crumpled nose it wouldn't last the 10(?) laps to finish ~
hApPy TrAiLs

oAo League Admin:
http://oao-gpl.speedgeezers.net/start.html

#6 dulima

dulima

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 10:56 AM

Save accelerated

A great race, my first time on this track.

I made a good start jumping from P5 to P3

In T4 I had to brake harder to avoid hitting Navonne, With that I ended up running and playing on a Brabham

Ahead I saw a Brabham crossing in front of me and hitting the wall, by the pribluda, I saw that it was Peter Lohmar's car.

I spent all my race beating myself up for ending Peter's race.

Only now, that I saw the replay, I realized that the car I had touched was from FolKard

And I was even happier, because I didn't hinder Tim's race, the loss of my round was only mine and by the way it was very fast.

Tim, I did my best and I couldn't reach you.

Michiels was in front of me and with a very good rhythm

I managed to overtake him because he missed.

After that I went to try to reach Lohmar but he was very fast and consistent. We had a good run

Up ahead George disappeared on the map  and Navonne firm in second place.

I was very sad Navonne with your disconnection, you deserved this podium, you deserved that second place

Again, I apologize Folkard, for running and touching you, I'm glad you left

And I apologize to Lohmar and everyone on the grid, that if in any way, I disturbed someone because I rode in T4

Bravissimo George for the victory and Folkard for second place

Alex was also very strong with BRM, made a beautiful classification, I'm sure I would do a great race, sorry that your engine left you in the lurch

I just have to thank all the pilots on the grid, all are extremely clean and it's been a great pleasure for me, run in this wonderful league and next to you all

Big hug and may you and your families be well

#7 dulima

dulima

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 11:00 AM

View PostPeter Lohmar, on 12 September 2020 - 10:19 AM, said:

Chaotic race for me, most of it of my own making. Qualified in a PB by .5 secs, poor start, let 3-4 cars by in T1 and then got punted into the outside wall at T4R. Waited for traffic to clear and resumed. Had worked back up to......7th maybe and was chasing Pepe thru the last turn when I got the LF wheel off the banking and spun into the wall.

Apologies to my teammates and thanks to Tim for a really nice setup.

You were very cautious at the start Peter, congratulations, this is how you do it. And you came back recovering very well

#8 Don Dodge

Don Dodge

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 11:17 AM

My abject apology to Kayo for messing up his entry into turn 1 when I left the pits.  I am pretty much worthless as a driver.

Don

#9 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 12:13 PM

View PostDon Dodge, on 12 September 2020 - 11:17 AM, said:

My abject apology to Kayo for messing up his entry into turn 1 when I left the pits.  I am pretty much worthless as a driver.

Don

Apology accepted.

#10 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 12:20 PM

It was obvious from the D1 race at Roosevelt that a Cooper doesn't have much of a chance at this place. We made a team decision to buy Michi's wounded Eagle and in the process went from the league leader in treasury bank balance to fifth overall with 27 golden coins. It was equally clear from the D1 race that Roosevelt has the potential for breaking cars like matchsticks, being just another Syracuse with lower walls. The marching instructions that Roberto and I were given were simple enough that even we could understand them: 1) Have fun (team leaders always say that); 2) Do your best (and that too); and 3) Please don't come back to the garage with the car looking as if it had just returned from an atomic test site.

And we did, more or less. I managed to finish a cautious 5th while Roberto, running steadily, discoed with seven laps to go. Neither of us generated a damage report. I spent the entire race fighting off Bo, Pete, and finally Bob Simpson (in a Cooper, for God's sake). I don't think I ever started a lap with even a five-second lead over the guy behind me, but it's tough to overtake the red car at this track. It makes an average driver like me look better than he really is.  :)

#11 timbo

timbo

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Interests:Kart racing, Classic motorcycles, Motor sports.

Posted 12 September 2020 - 12:27 PM

Well, this result is very much unexpected, and where did that qually time of Peters come from? left me back in a breathless 6th, having said that most times I seem to be able to make a fairly good start, didn't know what had happened to my teammate untill after the race.

Had Eduardo chasing me down for the whole of the race, and the pressure got to me a couple of times, making mistakes, but managed to keep some sort of gap between us, luckily.

So at the end of the first lap, I found myself in 3rd, and there I managed to stay, even going into the last lap, but as you do when you've crossed the line you click up the results, WHAT, how did that happen?

Really bad luck for Claudio, what with Spa then this, you must feel like throwing the computer out the window.

Also to my teammate Peter, whose pace must have given him a great deal of expectation for the race.

Thanks to all the backmarkers who made lapping very easy, congratulations to George, this is getting to be a bit of a habit mate, and to Eduardo for keeping me honest.

Regards Tim.

#12 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 01:40 PM

Highlight video is live!

https://www.youtube....h?v=StHL3tOsK6c

#13 zzbusch1

zzbusch1

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 03:03 PM

Nice video Kayo!   How do you like those Thrustmaster Pedals?  I'm loving mine.
racecar is racecar spelled backward

#14 cg7aa

cg7aa

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 03:09 PM

View PostMK3424, on 12 September 2020 - 01:40 PM, said:

Highlight video is live!

https://www.youtube....h?v=StHL3tOsK6c

Fabulous stuff, I love the footwork. This is gonna sound like a an odd question but where did you get your shoes from?

#15 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 03:31 PM

View Postcg7aa, on 12 September 2020 - 03:09 PM, said:

Fabulous stuff, I love the footwork. This is gonna sound like a an odd question but where did you get your shoes from?

Those are Rucanor Bonn gymnast shoes

#16 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 03:32 PM

View Postzzbusch1, on 12 September 2020 - 03:03 PM, said:

Nice video Kayo!   How do you like those Thrustmaster Pedals?  I'm loving mine.

I love them! The pressure sensitivity allows me to do brake tapping... which will allows me to outbreak others.

Edited by MK3424, 12 September 2020 - 03:32 PM.

#17 cg7aa

cg7aa

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 01:37 PM

View PostMK3424, on 12 September 2020 - 03:31 PM, said:

Those are Rucanor Bonn gymnast shoes

Thank you.

#18 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 07:29 PM

View PostMK3424, on 12 September 2020 - 01:40 PM, said:

Highlight video is live!  https://www.youtube....h?v=StHL3tOsK6c

Is that an EKG output you're recording  (the QRS complex)? Tell me it's not true . . .

I see that you're also showing the pit board multiple times when you've crossed the S/F line. It repeatedly shows me 25-27 seconds back of you (HIGDO -25). My lawyer says that I should ask for royalties or, failing that, sue you for the intentional infliction of emotional distress for reminding me of yet another loss in my endless string of losses dating back to before you were born.

#19 MK3424

MK3424

Kayo M.. Camera man

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 01:52 AM

View PostPepe Higdon, on 13 September 2020 - 07:29 PM, said:

Is that an EKG output you're recording  (the QRS complex)? Tell me it's not true . . .

I see that you're also showing the pit board multiple times when you've crossed the S/F line. It repeatedly shows me 25-27 seconds back of you (HIGDO -25). My lawyer says that I should ask for royalties or, failing that, sue you for the intentional infliction of emotional distress for reminding me of yet another loss in my endless string of losses dating back to before you were born.

It's an overlay from a heartrate monitor app, called 'pulsoid'. I noticed it was transmitting intermittent compared to last race at Spa.

I would place the monitor elsewhere (probably around my left wrist).

As for the reason: to stand out from the crowd: there are many videos about gpl and simracing in general, and doing something different is good to be unique among others... i believe i'm the only simracer who now displays his heartrate... and it shows... my heartrate at Spa was through the roof!

And as for the last.. I have no power of what is shown on my pitboard, i'll ask the guy who is personally responsible for it, to censor your name in the nearby future.

Edited by MK3424, 14 September 2020 - 02:15 AM.

#20 Pepe Higdon

Pepe Higdon

• Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 08:33 AM

View PostMK3424, on 14 September 2020 - 01:52 AM, said:

And as for the last.. I have no power of what is shown on my pitboard, i'll ask the guy who is personally responsible for it, to censor your name in the nearby future.

:)

Sim Racing Links