Je Me Souviens

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 11:13 PM

'Je me souviens.'  French, of course.  It is the official motto of the Canadian province of Quebec.  The literal translation to English is, 'I remember.'

https://en.wikipedia.../Je_me_souviens

So?  It's time to remember some old friends...

Today is September 4th and it will mark the tenth year since our old GPL ADC buddy, Glyn Lloyd, passed away.  10 years.  Hardly seems a blink in time.

Glyn was a good old sole and dearly loved his time with GPL and races here at the ADC.  A jocular sort full of rich stories, he is sorely missed.

We have lost other members who've gone on ahead.  John Fulk, absolute dynamite in the GP69's, Greg Munch, Frank Baird in our GTL league.  We miss you, guys.

As well, others have drifted away to follow other pursuits.  Marc Parker, Mark Uribe, Kelly Davis, Dave Fletcher, Monte Smith, Steve Escoville, Robert John, Rob Bakker.  Remember those names?  I do and with fondness.

On this day, September 4th, 2020, let's raise a glass in toasting Glyn and all our missing comrades.

Edit: A short while later...

Attached File  missing man formation.jpg   11.59K   1 downloads

Thought of this after posting.  Appropriate, I think.  The 'missing man' formation.

#2 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 05:41 AM

Glyn sent me an email containing this image to rub it in.  Seems he won rather handily from some discos.  No matter.  A win is a win is a win, right?

Attached File  glyn victory.jpg   228.98K   2 downloads

Date on the file is October 11, 2008.

#3 Tom Johnson

Tom Johnson

ADC GPL Director

• ADC Admins
  • 6,602 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 06:42 AM

Thanks for posting this, Donnie. I have been thinking about setting up another memorial race in honor of all of our fallen friends. Don't forget to add Malcolm Thomson to your list, he passed December 3, 2017. Malcolm was fast, consistent and very hard to pass, as he rarely made mistakes, similar to you Donnie.

#4 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 03:16 PM

NO!!!  I wasn't aware of MT's passing.  I knew that he had health problems...diabetes?...but thought that he was at least still with us.  Indeed, he was a good guy and fine competitor.  RIP.

I can heartily agree with and support a memorial race for all our fallen amigos.

Sim Racing Links