• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#41 Mark Casey

Mark Casey

Mr. Nobody

• ADC
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 03:31 PM

LOL Luca, you play 'Diplomacy' and announce 'the economy is really bad'.....I'd duck for cover before the irrascible BB reads this Posted Image
O.K. John. So...when ARE we gonna cut and run??

#42 JensLindblad

JensLindblad

• ADC
  • 275 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 02:45 AM

[b said:

Quote[/b] (Spinalotti @ May 07 2003,09:04)]Jens has written some wonderful papers for the school, and I used his work as a guideline for my classes. Jens is the MAN! Perhaps he could share his work here and any who care to follow up will surely improve their skills.
You got me all blushing Karl!

I've been collecting all my stand-alone papers into one single document, and if anyone should be interested, I'd be happy to post a link. I hope that it's unique in the way that it's not very technical, and that it focusses a lot on the driving experience; how do I know if I'm trail-braking, how come the fast guys can turn corners with hardly any steering wheel movement etc.

The document is only a small part of the experience really, so I really recommend that anyone who might be interested in applying to the Drivng School does so. Posted Image

Some of you have had the experience of not being accepted in previous seasons, most certainly due to the school getting a lot of applications and allways looking for more instructors. All I can say is: Apply again if you're interested.

And if you think about becoming an instructor, it really is tremendous fun, - mail Peter O'Connor.

As Carl mentioned, currently the school is starting to prepare for season 3, which should really be a knock-out. When it will be open for applicants I don't know yet, but I'll give a shout when it's imminent, and Peter O'Connor will most certainly post annoucements in various forums.

I'll now return you to the scheduled programme  Posted Image

Next portrait please  Posted Image

#43 branhamr

branhamr

• ADC
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 06:09 AM

I for one would be very interested in your course material.  I am one of the applicants who missed last season due to oversubscription and am anxiously awaiting a new season.
Bob Branham
"Anything worth doing is worth overdoing"

#44 James Legault

James Legault

• ADC Admins
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 06:31 AM

Please post the link Jens, I'd love to read your material.  I also applied to the school last time and didn't get in and am looking forward to the new session, whenever it may be.   Posted Image
Ladies and gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice!

#45 JensLindblad

JensLindblad

• ADC
  • 275 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 06:56 AM

Here it is in it's current state:

The Operative Guide to GPL

I sometimes revise it a bit, so you can check in now and again if you like - to see if there's a newer version.

Hope you'll enjoy.

#46 rsaito

rsaito

• ADC
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 07:52 AM

Jens:

I had sent two applications to GPL:W school and still don't get any answer. Posted Image I really want to attend to that school ti improve my skills as a Posted Image

#47 Spinalotti

Spinalotti

• ADC
  • 255 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 09:01 AM

To those that didn't make it into the school, don't think that you were ignored. Peter is a great guy, and he had many more applications from students than instructors to help them. All I can suggest is to keep watching the forums, and reapply when the time comes.
Peter is always looking for instructors too, so if you have a negative rank, and enjoy helping others, then it is a rewarding experience.

#48 Mark Casey

Mark Casey

Mr. Nobody

• ADC
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 06:19 PM

Fact: Beards hide funny faces Posted Image

Attached Files

#49 Flsp

Flsp

• ADC
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 05:11 PM

Yikes !! Posted Image
Gabriel Sylvestre

#50 branhamr

branhamr

• ADC
  • 281 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 01:58 AM

Holy sh*t, Mark, it's bad enough with the covering without exposing the whole thing to the poor wee kiddies all nekkid. Crivens!

Besides, I like this one better - the pic was 52 years old on Easter.

Attached Files

Bob Branham

#51 Mark Casey

Mark Casey

Mr. Nobody

• ADC
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 04:45 AM

O.K. since it's ancient history.........
..see if you can spot the 'hairless' MC.

Attached Files

#52 branhamr

branhamr

• ADC
  • 281 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 05:14 AM

Gotta be the one in the sweater (jumper) and specs standing right next to teacher and probably patting her on the butt, right? Got a really evil smirk!
Bob Branham

#53 David Fletcher

David Fletcher

ADC Founder

• ADC Admins
  • 6,222 posts
  • Interests:SimRacing

Posted 11 May 2003 - 05:46 AM

That's the one I thought was Mark too, Bob :-)

If we're right, did you notice the guy to Mark's right? Looks psycho! He's got that Jeffrey Dahmer look going.

Fletch
"In racing as in life, you're either in someone's way, or they're in yours..."

#54 branhamr

branhamr

• ADC
  • 281 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 06:10 AM

Maybe Mark is patting his - nah, never mind . . .
Bob Branham

#55 Mark Casey

Mark Casey

Mr. Nobody

• ADC
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 03:29 PM

I kinda thought you would go for that guy....but you've got to remember that I have a twin brother....try again.
As far as 'Jeffery Dahmer', he was probably the most disruptive kid in the class Posted Image

#56 pezsulgaz

pezsulgaz

• ADC
  • 435 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 06:30 AM

Ok Mark so if you have a twin, second row from top, you myght be one of the 2 white ones...

Did you already wear glasses?
Jean-Marc

#57 branhamr

branhamr

• ADC
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 07:46 AM

OK, how about 4th from left on top row? Identical twins?
Bob Branham

#58 Mark Casey

Mark Casey

Mr. Nobody

• ADC
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:44 PM

Jean Marc is the winner...yes I was already wearing the specs (but only just got 'em) and although we are 'non-identical' twins me mum still had that habit of dressing us the same.
cheers...Mark

#59 branhamr

branhamr

• ADC
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:56 PM

I still think the kid next to the teacher looks more "Markish".  The twins just look like normal kids, can't picture them growing up to be our Mark!

Neat picture, anyway. Thanks for sharing it, Mark.  Since I have been here in Kentucky cleaning out and organizing some of the half-century accumulation of stuff, I have spent a lot of time looking at old pictures - sure glad we were smart enough to hold on to them as they are treasures now.  I ran across one last summer of the neighborhood gang, taken the first day of school 1949 (1st grade) - lots of cordurouy and checked flannel (jeans weren't allowed for school).  Of the six of us in the picture, two (three, counting me when I am here) still live in the same block.
Bob Branham

#60 Mark Casey

Mark Casey

Mr. Nobody

• ADC
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 03:13 PM

Cheers Bob...errr..where's the shot? Did they often run out of fabric for the sleeves and collar back then? or was it a unique interpretation of 'fashion'? Posted Image

Sim Racing Links